Has Jordan De Goey announced himself?

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did you see his first quarter?

No literally, was he playing in the first quarter? He had 0 touches and wasn't seen on the TV screen.

Hardly dominated, just played a vulture game.

Yeah mate, he was s**t. Smart post.

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not really sure why people believe De Goey and Martin are the same type of player and should be compared. Is it because they have similar body builds? These 2 talented and freakish players are poles apart in both positions played past and present.

De Goey is more of a forward, a very good one at that. Anyone who kicks 48 goals in his 4th season knows how to play. Martin has never played mostly as a forward instead he rests up forward or is used to throw a bit of confusion on the opposition.

You only need to look at their stats to realise just how different these two players really are. Martin has never played a season and had less than 425 disposals (which was his first season) enough with the comparisons please.

DeGeoy is a forward plain and simple, strong hard to match up on and quick which allows him to take plenty of uncontested marks and kick goals inside 50, has he announced himself? I'd say yes in 2018 he added a dimension to Collingwood they probably werent aware of until they lost a couple of small forwards and I would say did it even better those those players in their absence.
Watch the Coll/Melb game last year and you'll see what De Goeys capable of as a mid.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did you see his first quarter?

No literally, was he playing in the first quarter? He had 0 touches and wasn't seen on the TV screen.

Hardly dominated, just played a vulture game.
That’s what makes him so good you can’t shut him out for a whole game, he was poor last week and looked better for the runs but still not putting together 4 quarters. When he does play 4 quarters he could kick 10 plus

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Absolute gun. Teams have to learn to immediately protect the space that he likes to swing into and kick from when he is close to the boundary. Richmond let him do it multiple times last night yet no-one seemed to be aware of it happening.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
It's impossible to believe this, so you're lying.

Creates goals out of nothing.
Ironically in the last 5 minutes against Geelong last week, he created nothing out of goals. All jokes aside, hes a talent and great to watch.

Last year I called him young Dusty

He has gone past Dusty bloke is a rockstar
He hasn't achieved half of what Dusty has though. But times on his side. Dont think hel reach his 2017 heights though.

Watch the Coll/Melb game last year and you'll see what De Goeys capable of as a mid.
I always wonder this. Is he a better mid or forward? I dont know where his ideal position is, I know he plays forward because Collingwood have a great midfield, but it would be interesting to see what he would do as a full season midfielder. Maybe he is more suited as a mid sized forward because he seems to play there or half forward permanently.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Announced himself? You can have a spectacular ring entrance, but you need to deliver the knockout blow in finals!
Stevie J was announcing himself for years then he went whack!!! When De Gooey boots five in a prelim or Grand Final then he's arrived at the elite level...

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
play like that for 60% and people still have a go about the quiet patches.

game winner.
Classic small forwards. Get limited.oppotunities. if they make the most out of 80% of their chances people still will s**t on them that they are not winning 20 disposals or bit seeing the ball for 10m.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Gun. To get to the next level he needs to consistently do it for four quarters.

Anyone comparing him to Ablett Sr or
calling him the most influential forward since Carey pleaseeeeeee.

Back