Has Jordan De Goey announced himself?

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you see his first quarter?

No literally, was he playing in the first quarter? He had 0 touches and wasn't seen on the TV screen.

Hardly dominated, just played a vulture game.
Credit to him then for not letting a bad start bring him down. Thank you for bringing to attention his supreme mental strength.

Very limited preseason so he’s not going to dominate for four quarters at this stage of the season. The two and a half quarters he dominated for last night is sufficient for our needs anyway.

There’s a difference, in my opinion, between an average player having an outstanding game and an outstanding player having a game that lives up to the hype.

Last night, what I saw from JDG was the latter. It’s the first time since Buddy emerged as a star for us that I’ve seen a young kid genuinely announce himself so effortlessly. That’s the difference between him and someone else playing a great game - he did it with such ease I half expected him to kick another half dozen nonchalantly.

Pies have one of the best young players in the comp in this kid. Don’t waste his potential now.

Every time I see him dominate it is when the opposition is having a stinker.
But a good player should dominate when the opposition is poor. Must say he reminded me of a 20 yr old lance Franklin last night

Absolute gun. Teams have to learn to immediately protect the space that he likes to swing into and kick from when he is close to the boundary. Richmond let him do it multiple times last night yet no-one seemed to be aware of it happening.
They tried to but he gets on with it so quickly that no one could shut it down. He uses the protected space to perfection!

I have no doubt he'll become a very good player. Has it in him.

This thread will be bumped when he takes it to the next level.
Making threads like this about your own players after one game is bad enough, complaining when they backfire the following week is even worse, but threatening to bump it down the track just takes the cake. :$
Donakebab you rate him?

Very limited preseason so he’s not going to dominate for four quarters at this stage of the season. The two and a half quarters he dominated for last night is sufficient for our needs anyway.
He, himself, acknowledged it, saying due to the limited pre-season, will spend more time up forward, and needs to build his fitness base before getting more midfield time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is arguably top 5 in terms of talent in the whole competition. Rate him extremely highly. When it's time for a permanent midfield move he will demolish teams.

Announced himself? You can have a spectacular ring entrance, but you need to deliver the knockout blow in finals!
Stevie J was announcing himself for years then he went whack!!! When De Gooey boots five in a prelim or Grand Final then he's arrived at the elite level...

Clearly slept through the 2018 final series

But a good player should dominate when the opposition is poor. Must say he reminded me of a 20 yr old lance Franklin last night
Surprising call to me. Last year I thought he played a fair bit of his best footy in the last quarter of close games.

Round 7 last year, we went goal for goal with the Lions all night and won by a goal. He kicked 5.

Kicked 3 in a losing GF.

There are other examples.

Round 7 last year, we went goal for goal with the Lions all night and won by a goal. He kicked 5.

Kicked 3 in a losing GF.

There are other examples.
It's my opinion. I'm yet to see him truly grab a game by the balls and be the reason his team wins.
As I said, that's not a slight on him, just an assessment of where he's at. Much like Franklin in 2007 before the crows final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back