Has Jordan De Goey announced himself?

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute gun. Teams have to learn to immediately protect the space that he likes to swing into and kick from when he is close to the boundary. Richmond let him do it multiple times last night yet no-one seemed to be aware of it happening.
Maybe I should have added some qualifiers.

Has a lot in common with Sylvia doesn't he?
Yep

Will have the flashes of brilliance and some games he will tear apart and then he will go missing for weeks or be injured. And is a dickhead off the field

A typical one good game in five player who will be considered a star or star potential by the media because that one game he does a few amazing things.

These players (there are others for sure) are typically overhyped, overrated and overpaid.

Supporters live on in hope they will one day put it together and be a star week to week, but not many do.

De Goey will need no introduction when he reacquaints himself against North for the battle of the wooden spoon

You would have to think the trial in a few months has to be playing on his mind? The guy got charged almost a year ago and he’s been garbage ever since.

Petracca sought out Pendlebury when he wanted some advice on preparing etc. not saying it was the only thing they moved to elite. But JDG only needs to walk 8 lockers down to get some advice off Pendlebury. Makes you wonder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon JDG will play on Ziebel this weekend. Everyone loves the whole hearted Z but he cannot defend and JDG will score 4+ and get coach's votes in a narrow Pie win.

The upshots will be negotiations for a contract extension will begin. Buckley will say he is a required player. Who knows, maybe McGuire will give him a paid twice weekly gig on Footy Classified.

Hasn't this thread turned inside 2 years LOL Typical Big Footy thread .... started off with kid is a star and if you disagree then you are obviously trolling. JDG has a massive ceiling, gone past Dusty. Richmond fans got ridiculed for making the comparison off what was a media beat up just because their body types were similar and they love a tattoo.

JDG is still a talented player IMO, you dont lose talent. Its not his fault his coach got sucked into thinking he was also Dusty Martin and instead of just playing him forward tried to make him a midfielder/forward that has utterly destroyed any confidence the guy once had.

He has some exceptional qualities, an ability to break a game open but the application seems lacking. His best footy has been when played as a small full forward IMO, with the occasional stint in the midfield. Not the other way around.

To be a small full forward in today’s game though you just simply have to nail the set shots. 20-40m range he is very inconsistent.

Trying to turn him into the next Dusty is just unfair to Jordan. (although I appreciate you do attract that when you demand such a high pay packet) Dusty is a next level footballer. It will be a long time before we see another like him.

Hasn't this thread turned inside 2 years LOL Typical Big Footy thread .... started off with kid is a star and if you disagree then you are obviously trolling. JDG has a massive ceiling, gone past Dusty. Richmond fans got ridiculed for making the comparison off what was a media beat up just because their body types were similar and they love a tattoo.

JDG is still a talented player IMO, you dont lose talent. Its not his fault his coach got sucked into thinking he was also Dusty Martin and instead of just playing him forward tried to make him a midfielder/forward that has utterly destroyed any confidence the guy once had.
If this thread shows anything it’s that Richmond supporters are always right

A typical one good game in five player who will be considered a star or star potential by the media because that one game he does a few amazing things.

These players (there are others for sure) are typically overhyped, overrated and overpaid.

Supporters live on in hope they will one day put it together and be a star week to week, but not many do.
In a way it reminds me of my golf game.
I will get the odd birdie, where it may seem I can play really well (if you look at that one hole).
Look at the whole round though and reality kicks in.

If I was Collingwood I would trade for two first round draft picks in the super draft.
He is an elite player but is injury prone and has discipline problems outside of football.
I don't think he is young enough to be in their next Grand Final team and he takes up a fair chunk of the salary cap.

No club will give two first round picks for him lol. Would be lucky to get a top 10 pick as it stands.

I think people are wrong saying he should have never been compared to Martin. He nearly won them a premiership in 2018. The Yank gets the credit for single handidly beating Richmond in the prelim but De Goey actually kicked more goals and setup the win in the first quarter. He then kicked 3 great goals in the grand final which probably should have won them the game. Even the final they won in Perth last year he kicked a goal in the last quarter hardly any other player in the league could kick. For whatever reason he has lost all consistency and his game against GC was awful, but bring a new coach in and maybe he can turn it around. He can still be one the best match winners in big games going around.

If I was Collingwood I would trade for two first round draft picks in the super draft.
He is an elite player but is injury prone and has discipline problems outside of football.
I don't think he is young enough to be in their next Grand Final team and he takes up a fair chunk of the salary cap.
Yeah, no way known any side gives up 2 x 1sts for him. Injuries aside, he's 25 and should be hitting his peak. At the moment, his best footy looks 2-3 years behind him. May get back to it, but nobody's taking that risk if that's the price.

Reminds me more of Jake Stringer. When on can turn a game as a medium forward but can also go missing for large periods of the game

Thought he was going to play more midfield from pre season reports till I saw his body definition in the first game of the season

2 1st rd draft picks??? No club in their right mind gives that for JDG.

What the hell is Cripps worth then as I get the feeling he is halfway home to WA already mindset wise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back