Geoff

Premium Platinum
May 13, 2004
W.A.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
His deflection of Ports loss on the “Round so Far” was that of an amateur wannabe. Arrogance is not something you would label Fyfe as. Kane, when you have a CHARLIE in the draw you get a free pass. Keep the cheap insults to yourself. Port got done, suck it up sunshine.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Was the only Cornes of AFL standard but yes he's another media flog.

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was the only Cornes of AFL standard but yes he's another media flog.
88ec114ddbb2086677b73acb72edee28

Do you remember the Chad, 2x All Australian, 3rd in the brownlow in a premiership year? I'm curious as to what constitutes 'AFL standard' for you?

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Kane is about making headlines and creating shockwaves with his weekly soundbytes, seems to have made a pretty good career for himself out of it. I don't think he has much love for the PAFC than as for his own ego so not sure why the OP has gone down that very simplistic track.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I am one of the few Crows supporters who likes Kane. I do think he just needs to tone down his Port bias so people can take him seriously.

90% of the time he is spot on with his comments but gets carried away like he is with Rozee at the moment

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I used to defend Kane but alas, I have come to the conclusion he is genuinely dumb.

Had a go at Jack Lukoscius today for not wanting to play in 'footy mad' Adelaide. Basically labeled him ''soft'.

What a load of crap.

Since 2000, 'Footy mad' Adelaide has won only a single flag between two sides.

Meanwhile 'non-fishbowl' cities Sydney and Brisbane have won 5 flags.

So the score reads:

Footy-mad Adelaide- 1
Not footy-mad - 5

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
I used to defend Kane but alas, I have come to the conclusion he is genuinely dumb.

Had a go at Jack Lukoscius today for not wanting to play in 'footy mad' Adelaide. Basically labeled him ''soft'.

What a load of crap.

Since 2000, 'Footy mad' Adelaide has won only a single flag between two sides.

Meanwhile 'non-fishbowl' cities Sydney and Brisbane have won 6 flags.

So the score reads:

Footy-mad Adelaide- 1
Not footy-mad - 6

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeh, to run down a 19 yr old kid for being loyal to his team and teammates at a club that's struggled so much is just low.

Just came off as a sook that's pissed his old team doesn't get to pick the bones of a struggling start up.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Yeh, to run down a 19 yr old kid for being loyal to his team and teammates at a club that's struggled so much is just low.

Just came off as a sook that's pissed his old team doesn't get to pick the bones of a struggling start up.

He sooked for 6 months solid after Wingard left to go to Hawthorn….Which culminated in his 'Worpel has stagnated' foot in mouth award.

Still, at least he got one over on Dangerfield, thanks only to Dangers himself....Which tells you just how much of a dumb flog Dangerfield is.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Don't worry people, it would appear that Kane doesn't just act like a flog in the media

LOL now Blues fans have a right to be ANGRY about Curnow slipping on tiles.

* off ya flog.

former Port Adelaide great Cornes has hammered Curnow - and he’s insisting he’s “100% right on this”.

“New Carlton coach David Teague, at least publicly, stood by Curnow’s basketball pursuits In November saying ‘I see it as living, I’ve got no issue with it,’” Kornes wrote for SEN.

“’There is a balancing act, I don’t want them doing stupid things but they’ve also got to live. I’m big on them being in a good mental space to perform,’ said Teague.

“I wonder if Teague felt the same way on Tuesday morning when he woke up realising his star forward, a man who kicked 7 goals in Round 13 last year off no preparation and training, will be missing for a large chunk of this year?

“Despite the public stance, I know a number of key football staff at Port Adelaide were disappointed with (Ollie) Wines last year, and I’d be shocked if there aren’t some within the walls at Ikon Park that don’t feel the same way about Curnow and his off-field activities.

“The Carlton fans who inject thousands of dollars into the Carlton coffers each year have a right to be livid.”

Cornes, who played 300 games for Port Adelaide, also hit out at the AFL Players Association for allowing its players to risk themselves by undertaking risky activities off the field.

“The AFL Players Association are wrong to encourage its players to engage in dangerous activities off the field under the guise that they need to live a balanced life,” Cornes wrote.

“There are sacrifices that you must make as a highly paid profession athlete. If you want to skydive, snow ski, water ski, be a motor cross riding or a V8 racing car driver that’s fine, but wait until you are 30 and your time in the game is finished.”

Port Adelaide star Travis Boak responded to Cornes’ criticism on Twitter, saying “this is just so wrong.”

Last edited:

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
his motivation is to get reactions and the way to do it is to get people in with outlandish comments. his old man has been doing it in adelaide for yonks. chip off the old knucklehead.

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
What tends to happen is he'll float a bonkers idea but one that nevertheless has a grain a of sense to it, then emphasize that for half a hour till he has sort of won you over (like with the Rutten proposition the other day). He is a savvy broadcaster if nothing else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back