Has Kane Cornes Become a Media “FLOG”?

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't need a headline and article written every time a commentator has a harmless opinion on a non-issue.
The Foxsports website is especially shameless on this.

Every day their main AFL headlines seem to be 'Eddie blasts...' or 'Kane outrages...'

I get there aren't the usual footy stories but these hyperbolic headlines get tedious when they're so constant.

Kane's biggest issue is his personal attachments prevent him from being objective in many cases.
Personal agendas such as constantly praising Hinkley and bringing up Tex walker on footy classified, it's so tired, on a funny show yeah maybe OK but too often isn't really accurate because he's pushing his own agenda.

This is what stops me from liking him too. Sometimes his takes are reasonable, sometimes his takes are pure devils advocate to generate discussion and a lot of the time his takes are heavily influenced by his own bias.

Good on Collingwood fans for giving it to Cornes but I'd rather someone in the media have an opinion. Everytime I heard him last week he backed his opinion with some analysis.

I hate it when people in the media either don't give a tip or tip one team but then follow it up saying the other team is a big chance so they have a bit both ways.

I found myself at a Power game, never a good place to be, when he was still playing. At one stage he came off the ground, an attendant offered him a jacket and he threw it on the ground. He then began ordering people around as if they were his personal manservants. Is he a flog? I'd say yes. I judge people by how they treat others.

Good on Collingwood fans for giving it to Cornes but I'd rather someone in the media have an opinion. Everytime I heard him last week he backed his opinion with some analysis.

I hate it when people in the media either don't give a tip or tip one team but then follow it up saying the other team is a big chance so they have a bit both ways.

Dwayne Russell proving my point on SEN today. Of course they can but surely he doesn't believe that.

Dwayne: “I think every team that is still in it can win it.”

Having heard him trying to do a live ‘read’....it’s clear he’s not the brightest globe in the xmas deccies....but at least he’s not a patronising simpering idiot like most of the SEN crew

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Kane.

One of the very few, almost none, in the media who sometimes has an original opinion on things.

Doesn't mean I agree with everything he says, but much rather listen to him than the conga line of AFL group-think amongst journalists/analysts.

How much of that does he make up to get a reaction though. I think the probably must have with him is clearly he just put crap out there without actually believing it.

How much of that does he make up to get a reaction though. I think the probably must have with him is clearly he just put crap out there without actually believing it.
Maybe sometimes he goes a bit too far. I still prefer people who try to have their own original thoughts than 95% of the AFL media which is just regurgitated group think.

I don't think he's that smart or self aware, I think he just generally has some really bad opinions.

Maybe sometimes he goes a bit too far. I still prefer people who try to have their own original thoughts than 95% of the AFL media which is just regurgitated group think.
Nope...he is a flog of the highest order. He is just a s**t-stirrer because he knows he will get clicks.

The inconsistency he displays is the thing that pisses me off....

1. He was absolutely scathing about some of the previous coaches; Brendan Bolton; David Teague and Leon Cameron are ones that quickly come to mind - yet Kern gets off scot free...nothing to see here....'it would be wrong to sack kern'; 'Kern saved Port' and just recently 'Port shouldn't go after Clarko' etc etc

Everyone knows that kern saved his career - Kano is conflicted..

2. He had a huge go at the Crows a couple of years ago when we lost the last home and away game to the Eagles to miss out on a top 4 spot....'Adelaide got ahead of themselves'.....of course port have never got ahead of themselves eh Kano?

3. Calls out Jack Ginnivan......yet is on record as loving Duursma's wanky bow and arrow crap. yet old Kano never said anything about Duursma dropping a sitter of a mark in the goal square at a crucial time in the semi final loss to Richmond in 2020. Might have cost them the game?

4. Said that Powel-Pepper would be the next Dusty Martin....and wont admit that he got his opinion wrong when comparing Rozee and Walsh

Lets not forget that he spat the dummy at a PA best and fairest because he didn't win it

That sums him up. 100% Flog.

Nope...he is a flog of the highest order. He is just a s**t-stirrer because he knows he will get clicks.

The inconsistency he displays is the thing that pisses me off....

1. He was absolutely scathing about some of the previous coaches; Brendan Bolton; David Teague and Leon Cameron are ones that quickly come to mind - yet Kern gets off scot free...nothing to see here....'it would be wrong to sack kern'; 'Kern saved Port' and just recently 'Port shouldn't go after Clarko' etc etc

Everyone knows that kern saved his career - Kano is conflicted..

2. He had a huge go at the Crows a couple of years ago when we lost the last home and away game to the Eagles to miss out on a top 4 spot....'Adelaide got ahead of themselves'.....of course port have never got ahead of themselves eh Kano?

3. Calls out Jack Ginnivan......yet is on record as loving Duursma's wanky bow and arrow crap. yet old Kano never said anything about Duursma dropping a sitter of a mark in the goal square at a crucial time in the semi final loss to Richmond in 2020. Might have cost them the game?

4. Said that Powel-Pepper would be the next Dusty Martin....and wont admit that he got his opinion wrong when comparing Rozee and Walsh

Lets not forget that he spat the dummy at a PA best and fairest because he didn't win it

That sums him up. 100% Flog.

Since when was Ken Hinkley known as Kern? Is that some weird Adelaide thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back