Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we please understand a simple stat - they have won 9 of their 11 wins beating teams 12 - 18 (at this point). They beat Sydney in round 1 and wouldn't get within 5 goals of them today.

Overrated to buggery. Stats don't lie - soft draw (double ups against Brisbane, Gold Coast with tougher ones against West Coast and Collingwood but barely tougher).

Can we please understand a simple stat - they have won 9 of their 11 wins beating teams 12 - 18 (at this point). They beat Sydney in round 1 and wouldn't get within 5 goals of them today.

Overrated to buggery. Stats don't lie - soft draw (double ups against Brisbane, Gold Coast with tougher ones against West Coast and Collingwood but barely tougher).
Yep. you are 100% correct. Of course the stats never lie.
Wins over Sydney in Sydney and West Coast in Perth mean nothing.
The blow out today justifies everything. After the 2 point belting we received from Geelong in Geelong, the thrashing from GWS despite leading at 3QT in Sydney, the two embarrassing losses we had to WC and Richmond at home where we were non-competitive despite winning every stat except the scoreboard, I cannot fault your logic.
That's what you want to hear, correct?

Certainly no one is overrating the Crows this year. I hope that Adelaide carry forward their sensational form through and finally make it to a Grand Final after 19 long years (second longest streak in the competition). After all, the stats never lie, right?

The blow out today justifies everything. After the 2 point belting we received from Geelong in Geelong, the thrashing from GWS despite leading at 3QT in Sydney, the two embarrassing losses we had to WC and Richmond at home where we were non-competitive despite winning every stat except the scoreboard, I cannot fault your logic.

Certainly no one is overrating the Crows this year. I hope that Adelaide carry forward their sensational form through and finally make it to a Grand Final after 19 long years (second longest streak in the competition). After all, the stats never lie, right?

jeesh mate, time to have a glass of milk and a nap. no one will take your competitive losses against richmond and west coast away from you x

jeesh mate, time to have a glass of milk and a nap. no one will take your competitive losses against richmond and west coast away from you x
My post was just as logical as the one I was responding to.

Your win over Sydney was when they were at their worst round 1 (perfect time to get a GF side plus they had a number of injuries). You've had bugger all injuries all year.

Yes, we are going well at the moment but been there before but this isn't about is, this is about your lot.

Your lot have been yapping all week - well big brother has spoken and put you back in your box.

And you 9 out of 11 wins against sides 12 to 18 and your had a soft draw was well. One win against current top 8 sides and that was week 1. Stats don't lie.

Yep you guys are flying. Please please please give Ken a contract extension. I mean, going by your post, he thoroughly deserves it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your win over Sydney was when they were at their worst round 1 (perfect time to get a GF side plus they had a number of injuries). You've had bugger all injuries all year.

Yes, we are going well at the moment but been there before but this isn't about is, this is about your lot.

Your lot have been yapping all week - well big brother has spoken and put you back in your box.

And you 9 out of 11 wins against sides 12 to 18 and your had a soft draw was well. One win against current top 8 sides and that was week 1. Stats don't lie.
I like how you use current positions to justify our "soft" wins, and past positions to write off our "hard" wins. If you just stuck to one way, you could almost make a point that I'd agree with you on.

9 of 11 wins against sides 12 to 18??? So St Kilda, West Coast and Sydney should give us 12 wins now, right? Stats don't lie. Better tell the AFL, they have us at 11.

Like most arguments, the reality is somewhere in the middle.

And the year isn't over yet. We might still miss the finals. We might surprise and achieve something. Who knows?

I like how you use current positions to justify our "soft" wins, and past positions to write off our "hard" wins. If you just stuck to one way, you could almost make a point that I'd agree with you on.

9 of 11 wins against sides 12 to 18??? So St Kilda, West Coast and Sydney should give us 12 wins now, right? Stats don't lie. Better tell the AFL, they have us at 11.

Like most arguments, the reality is somewhere in the middle.

And the year isn't over yet. We might still miss the finals. We might surprise and achieve something. Who knows?

Sorry 8 of 11 - then again it is still only one win against top 8 sides. That is the key.

You won't achieve anything. There I said it.

Nothing like a bad loss to make supporters of a top 8 side with a soft run home (Pies and GCS at Adelaide oval and Dogs at Ballarat) to want to sack their coach.

Sorry 8 of 11 - then again it is still only one win against top 8 sides. That is the key.

You won't achieve anything. There I said it.
Cool. Opinions aren't debatable.

I just wonder what the narrative would be if next week, West Coast beats Carlton, Essendon gets beaten by the Crows, Bulldogs get rolled by GWS, and St Kilda beat Melbourne.
Then we'll have beaten 3 top 8 teams! ;)

He still thinks Port's main issue is that they don't work hard enough, he is living in fantasy land. They simply aren't good enough, they have some good top end talent but no depth at all. That and his gameplan doesn't play to their strengths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back