Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just glad when there's news of a meddling president tearing a club apart it isn't a story on Peter Gordon.

"Never tear us apart" unless a breakfast tv personality with a massive ego but no sporting acumen thinks he can be a totalitarian

I'm just glad when there's news of a meddling president tearing a club apart it isn't a story on Peter Gordon.

"Never tear us apart" unless a breakfast tv personality with a massive ego but no sporting acumen thinks he can be a totalitarian

i dont get what kochi said wrong. was open honest and genuine. said more or less what most real port supporters were thinking.

Why is he so highly rated?

Port has underperformed since 2014. I think people forget how good they were and how disappointing they've been since.

Victim of early success. Port in 2012 were woeful lost to a first year GWS. If Port had gone:

Just missed finals
Missed finals
Semi
Prelim
1st exit

People would be lauding Port's rebuild and Hinkley as some Super Coach. The fact they have gone back to front means his record is assessed differently. And fair enough as you can't live in the past. I think he can coach and knows his stuff but could do with some fresh ideas and a different approach.

Do you want a fan in charge or someone capable of tactfullness and rationality?

he and kt have pulled the club struggling to find sponsors and having no cash to as good as standing on our own two feet.
bith have done and excellent job.
If hinkley and or the players are so thin skinned im happy for them to be moved on.
just said what we were all thinking

It's now the "cool" thing to hate on Kochie. Many people don't even read/listen to what he is saying, most jump to conclusions/assume
Was it really necessary to give such a speech? You guys just lost a heart breaking final and this putz has the nerve to say you guys were just passengers. That's how you turn players against the establishment. Praise in public, berate in private.

As much as we rag upon Ken, at least he stood by the team. Koch is just an egotistical moron.

Do you want a fan in charge or someone capable of tactfullness and rationality?
Tactfullness like getting to Adelaide oval, countless new sponsor, first game in China, more exposure, making port Adelaide relevant again.

Koch has the balls to say what others are thinking. Said it don't make the finals this year Kenny would be under pressure (correct) and we want players who want to win a premiership not just contempt playing AFL (correct). If Kenny can't handle the truth or pressure he isn't the right man for the job anyway

Was it really necessary to give such a speech? You guys just lost a heart breaking final and this putz has the nerve to say you guys were just passengers. That's how you turn players against the establishment. Praise in public, berate in private.

As much as we rag upon Ken, at least he stood by the team. Koch is just an egotistical moron.
The only thing he did wrong was question whether it was a good idea to play youth. Everything else he said 99% of supporters would agree with.

We don't want players who's goals are to play AFL, we want players who want to win a premiership.

After 3 disappointing years it's about time the club became a bit ruthless

i dont get what kochi said wrong. was open honest and genuine. said more or less what most real port supporters were thinking.
The complete opposite of what Ken Hinkley said. Those two opinions can't coexist. To say that players don't want it enough just after a heartbreaking loss when they tried thier guts out is selfish. Should have been behind closed doors

The complete opposite of what Ken Hinkley said. Those two opinions can't coexist. To say that players don't want it enough just after a heartbreaking loss when they tried thier guts out is selfish. Should have been behind closed doors

if thats the case and they cant coexist then im happy for Ken to take the GC job

The only thing he did wrong was question whether it was a good idea to play youth. Everything else he said 99% of supporters would agree with.

We don't want players who's goals are to play AFL, we want players who want to win a premiership.

After 3 disappointing years it's about time the club became a bit ruthless

That's all well and good, but a president should not be making public statements about the playing group that are basically an emotional rant in a bigfooty melt thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I bet if you just busted your balls to the point of exhaustion and the response was the head of the company slagging you off on national TV... you'd be rapt.

Noone's disputing Kochie's love for Port. He's also done very well for them in terms of profile and off field financial stability. But his role in the media, coupled with his tendency to make emotional and off the cuff public statements about the playing group, is clearly not good for the players

if thats the case and they cant coexist then im happy for Ken to take the GC job
Maybe that's the best for you. Has had a good go at it but overall it's been disappointing. 5 years is a decent time and I think you should have been more competitive in that time. Koch probably needs to keep his views in house though in future as I reckon some coaches will give you a wide berth with his current approach.

Why is he so highly rated?

Port has underperformed since 2014. I think people forget how good they were and how disappointing they've been since.
I think you forget how much of a basket case they were when he took over.

That's all well and good, but a president should not be making public statements about the playing group that are basically an emotional rant in a bigfooty melt thread

This. It's no surprise unintelligent bigfooty fans eat it up

I don't think anybody is accusing him of being wrong but the timing and nature of those comments was absolutely terrible.

Firstly, bagging the players and coaches after a game like that is completely unnecessary. It's not like Port wen't out there and got thrashed, they lost by 2 points from a kick after the siren in extra time. I think the result of that game is punishment enough.

Secondly, it's laughable that Koch would complain about the culture of the club in the first place when he's directly responsible for it. Coaching, recruitment etc is all signed off at board level. Why isn't Koch able to take some personal responsibility here?

Noone's disputing Kochie's love for Port. He's also done very well for them in terms of profile and off field financial stability. But his role in the media, coupled with his tendency to make emotional and off the cuff public statements about the playing group, is clearly not good for the players
I don't think the players would really give a s**t.

They are probably as disppointed as Kochie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back