Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

i think you should go back and see the whole speech from start to finish. alot of what he said has been either taken out of context or just snipets pick out etc

Of course it has. That's what the media do, grab the important bits. They're not there to provide a personal platform for Kochie.

Of all people he knows that.

It's simple: it's s**t feedback delivered at the worst time in the worst manner. It should be done behind closed doors. But that doesn't work for Koch, because it's not done for the players. It's done for himself. He's an egomaniacal grandstander.

Not every president has to be a politically correct suit and tie. I'm glad my president is strong minded and passionate.
even if it costs you coaches, players and potentially premierships? i love koch hes been great at keeping you guys strong off field so you can rationalise the insipid onfield and stay irrelevant

even if it costs you coaches, players and potentially premierships? i love koch hes been great at keeping you guys strong off field so you can rationalise the insipid onfield and stay irrelevant
I think you're overrating Hinkley, he has been very average the past 3 years.

If he can't handle a bit of pressure from the president and he packs him bags and leaves, then we will never win a premiership under him anyway. Would be very soft. That being said the rumours are today that he will be staying at port.

I think you're overrating Hinkley, he has been very average the past 3 years.

If he can't handle a bit of pressure from the president and he packs him bags and leaves, then we will never win a premiership under him anyway. Would be very soft. That being said the rumours are today that he will be staying at port.
I personally dont think hinkley is that great of a coach. I think he, walsh and richardson made a great coaching team but thats not really the point i was making. i think that koch is good for port off field but he goes too far in his public criticisms which endear him to fans but upset the football department. there is a time and place to publicly criticise your organisations employees and i dont think koch is very good at picking those times.

Hinkley isn't as bad as I have thought in the past but I don't think Port would suffer too much if he does leave for GC.

He's a middling coach imo.

Think they should make hay while the sun shines with the Ryder, Dixon, Boak, Ebert, Gray core group, and I reckon there are better options than Hinkley to do so.

Again the media get it all wrong. They hear a whisper and turn it into a mountain. They had him gone for all money to the suns, and on the same day he agrees to a 3 year contract extension with the Power.

Media are nothing but self-entitled parasites. The sooner I gave up watching the news / reading the newspapers my prospective on life changed for the better

Ken Hinkley will coach Port Adelaide until the end of 2021 following a week of internal conflict at the club in which the senior coach of the past five years seriously entertained leaving.

having initially been offered a two-year deal, Hinkley strongly requested and received an extra year from the club. This followed robust discussions over the weekend, which saw David Koch on Saturday morning apologise to Hinkley, who with his wife Donna entertained the Port chairman and club bosses at the Adelaide home of the coach.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/port-a...eyear-contract-extension-20170918-gyjsma.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again the media get it all wrong. They hear a whisper and turn it into a mountain. They had him gone for all money to the suns, and on the same day he agrees to a 3 year contract extension with the Power.

Media are nothing but self-entitled parasites. The sooner I gave up watching the news / reading the newspapers my prospective on life changed for the better

They had him gone for all money to the suns, on the same day they were certain he had agreed to a 3 year contract extension, and ended up neither.

Says it all about the media right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back