Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

They had him gone for all money to the suns, on the same day they were certain he had agreed to a 3 year contract extension, and ended up neither.

Says it all about the media right now.

Too intend on publishing to check any facts. If they get it wrong they don't care because they aren't kept accountable and it's all forgotten in a week's time when they are off reporting more dribble

Again the media get it all wrong. They hear a whisper and turn it into a mountain. They had him gone for all money to the suns, and on the same day he agrees to a 3 year contract extension with the Power.

Media are nothing but self-entitled parasites. The sooner I gave up watching the news / reading the newspapers my prospective on life changed for the better

Have you considered Hinkley's management may have planted stories in the media to force Port Adelaide's hand? Managers do this kind of stuff all the time. It's their bread and butter.

Good on kocky. The AFL needs to move away from celebrating average coaches kissing list arse.

Enough of the unsuccessful babysitter club that never risk losing the players.

Too many overpaid media darlings. Get rid of them.

Have you considered Hinkley's management may have planted stories in the media to force Port Adelaide's hand? Managers do this kind of stuff all the time. It's their bread and butter.

True, however if that's the case you question whether the club has taken the right steps to re-appoint. Head coach ain't no minor position

Well played by Kern and his manager......
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Its was the media twits who wrote unsubstantiated crap about Ken leaving.
Ken said he was never leaving Port Adelaide.
They have now gone back under their little stone, until the can write another unsubstantiated story.

Are we sure he wasn't leaving? Why give him such a long term contract extension then? If he wasn't leaving then but the extension hasn't happened he would have been fine?

We are quick to disbelieve the media but believe everything the clubs tell us.

Its was the media twits who wrote unsubstantiated crap about Ken leaving.
Ken said he was never leaving Port Adelaide.
They have now gone back under their little stone, until the can write another unsubstantiated story.
So Ken's manager used the media to spook your club into getting his client an extension of an additional three years on top of his contracted year to go.

Maybe instead of crying about the media you should question why Kochie and KT fell for this.

You held all the Aces in the deck. Kenny was contracted for 2018 and if he did walk one of the best up and coming future head coaches in Bassett could be promoted. Plus you would be compensated if Kenny broke that contract.

Instead you folded to a guy holding junk cards and he took the pot.

As I said well played by Blucher.......

What Ken lacks for in game day smarts his manager made up for in playing Port like a tune.
Same thing was said about another club not so long ago, with a coach who at the time had been going for longer and had less success. That decision seems to have worked out ok so let's see how this one plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Ken's manager used the media to spook your club into getting his client an extension of an additional three years on top of his contracted year to go.

Maybe instead of crying about the media you should question why Kochie and KT fell for this.

You held all the Aces in the deck. Kenny was contracted for 2018 and if he did walk one of the best up and coming future head coaches in Bassett could be promoted. Plus you would be compensated if Kenny broke that contract.

Instead you folded to a guy holding junk cards and he took the pot.

Unless, you know, he's a coach that the club actually wanted to keep and were going to offer an extension already? Club is already on the record about Ken as a long team coach at Port Adelaide. Doesn't play into your theory does it?

Unless, you know, he's a coach that the club actually wanted to keep and were going to offer an extension already? Club is already on the record about Ken as a long team coach at Port Adelaide. Doesn't play into your theory does it?
Another poor decision..

His record suggests he is not up to it.

Oh well at least we are both happy.

Same thing was said about another club not so long ago, with a coach who at the time had been going for longer and had less success. That decision seems to have worked out ok so let's see how this one plays out.

i dont' think Hardwick played Richmond. He just stuck to his plans and they backed him in.

Hinkley seems to have created or invited an offer just to leverage it for an extension at Port. I dont' think Damien had any offers.

Wow, what a signing. Does this mean Port won't beat another top 8 team for 4 years!
far be it from me to side with a temperamental, and superstitious leader, who has to put his foot in it or else drive the bus himself, he always
wants like all of us to give his best to his disciples....

canny but overstating his club's lack of dignity and not allowing everyone else to dance to the beat of their own drum...

Good to see Crows fans happy with this.
And their insightful, relevant commentary is just leaving all those media "frauds" in their wake.
Clearly their premiership success over the last 15 years has set the benchmark for coaching appointments. Not to forget this year's cakewalk to the flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back