Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

To announce to Brisbane what you're going to do and have the opposition kick the first 7 goals had to be humiliating. It always astounds me when a veteran coach does this, going the man regularly backfires with good teams, and you've gotta have a pretty big ego to brag about your plans against a top 4 team.

To announce to Brisbane what you're going to do and have the opposition kick the first 7 goals had to be humiliating. It always astounds me when a veteran coach does this, going the man regularly backfires with good teams, and you've gotta have a pretty big ego to brag about your plans against a top 4 team.

Lol leaking what they were going to do to Neale on Thursday for intimidation simply allowed us to put structures in place to work through it. Well played Hink daddy.

Lol leaking what they were going to do to Neale on Thursday for intimidation simply allowed us to put structures in place to work through it. Well played Hink daddy.
It's truly one of the most bizarre things I've heard about in footy.

What was the point of leaking it? Did the Port power brokers think that the Lions would just say "Oh, they're going to target Lachie, ok then...." and accept it without a thought about countering it?

Will he walk or will he get sacked? That's the next big question.

strange tactics at Port
They seem like a great club for players to be at. But then they do some weird left field s**t like this.

strange tactics at Port
They seem like a great club for players to be at. But then they do some weird left field s**t like this.
Ken Hinkley has spent 7 years aggressively getting in his own way at every opportunity.

Selection night melts are a weekly Port Board tradition

The difference between the two coaches Pre-match was stark.

One spoke about respecting the opposition, implementing a system and trusting a process.

The other spoke in emotional terms about getting his team to ‘terrorise’ one player.

I thought that Hinkley looked to have done a disservice to his players in relation to the way in which he seemed to have prepared them for yesterday’s game. Port looked distracted in that first quarter and let us pile on the goals. We were then able to lock it down from there.

Seems to be an issue with Hinkley that was talked about on 'On The Couch'.

He himself seems like an emotional guy, and it appears he is affecting the playing group.

A bit of emotion is OK, but seems like he always uses external factors to try to motivate his team rather than just focusing on his team and what he can control. That's what you need to do though to be a consistently good team.

I still remember his over-the-top celebration of a showdown win when he was roaring and holding up his hands in a '1' and '0' to show they had broken their losing streak to Adelaide...shows too much emotion.

Follly, it's evident that port's form has been erratic but their best is contending. No one can doubt that. Is Hinckley the issue? I don't think so, rather it's the development further down the line for mine.

Speculation of course but fair speculation none the less.

Follly, it's evident that port's form has been erratic but their best is contending. No one can doubt that. Is Hinckley the issue? I don't think so, rather it's the development further down the line for mine.

Who ultimately is responsible for development? He's had 7 years. It's his list, his development. Time after time we've seen young players come in and star, then either stagnate or go backwards (Wingard, wines, SPP, Marshall, etc)

Most of the assistants have turned over in that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who ultimately is responsible for development? He's had 7 years. It's his list, his development. Time after time we've seen young players come in and star, then either stagnate or go backwards (Wingard, wines, SPP, Marshall, etc)

Most of the assistants have turned over in that time.

Of course he is ultimately responsible, but he isn't the only developer.

Seems to be an issue with Hinkley that was talked about on 'On The Couch'.

He himself seems like an emotional guy, and it appears he is affecting the playing group.

A bit of emotion is OK, but seems like he always uses external factors to try to motivate his team rather than just focusing on his team and what he can control. That's what you need to do though to be a consistently good team.

I still remember his over-the-top celebration of a showdown win when he was roaring and holding up his hands in a '1' and '0' to show they had broken their losing streak to Adelaide...shows too much emotion.
Non-professional?

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

From the outside looking in he seems like a pretty emotional guy...arguably too emotional. The whole 'terrorise Lachy' thing points to that.

Seems to rely on rev ups and external efforts like giving more effort because it's the Showdown, rather than just focusing on what Port can control and just playing their game every week.

What weirds me out is how often they get mentioned as flag favourites. I thought that was fair enough in 2015 coming off the back of a season where they made a prelim and were arguably the fittest team in the comp. Ever since then though they've been overrated by a many of the media pundits.

From the outside looking in he seems like a pretty emotional guy...arguably too emotional. The whole 'terrorise Lachy' thing points to that.

Seems to rely on rev ups and external efforts like giving more effort because it's the Showdown, rather than just focusing on what Port can control and just playing their game every week.
Port do tend to play on emotion. Sometimes it works (e.g. recent showdown), sometimes they look like fools (e.g. Brisbane).

When else have we been mentioned as flag favourites since the 14/15 off season?

Got hyped up pretty good as contenders in the lead up to 2018

Finally shaken off the WLWL cycle.

Oh wait a minute ... :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back