Has lack of finals made you as a supporter less able to handle finals pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

1980GFVideo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2004
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Had alot of trouble watching tonight.

Couldnt sit down and needed to walk around. Lucky I wasnt there.

I found that the tension of watching the game was worse that when I was a kid. Poses the question, has our lack of finals over the years and dead rubbers at this stage of the season made supporters less experienced and capable of handling finals games.

We know the players may have suffered and badly need to catch up with more of these games have supporters also need to acustom themselves to these games.

I didn't feel it.
To me it's almost comedic the way we are going.
I put the cue in the rack emotionally this season a long time ago and I'm comfortable with that.
Refuse to get my hopes up the whole time knowing we had Swans last game.
So if we do make it it'll be like Christmas mornings biggest ever surprise.

Last edited:
It's ruined me. I used to able to watch these games. Now its in and out of the room, change the channel, or at the game i'll just neck pot after pot after pot.

LOL. If I reach for the remote mid match and give the old " What else is on ? "....look out.

I end up turning it back to the footy anyway after about 20 seconds. I'm sure my 20 second channel change protest has a huge effect on the match.

After that ridiculous Pods free kick I went berserk. My wife tells me that screaming at the TV and swearing does not help the cause. I do not believe her.

I'm always pretty sure the Umpire hears my threats and reconsiders his decision next time.

If my missus says anything along those line I just tell her to leave. Get a grumpy and what did i do look but she just doesn't get sport, which is fine because i don't get the Kardashians or any other of the tripe she watches on TV, just leave me to my misery or happiness that is completely separate from her.

I do love watching a replay when I know we win :D

Apart from adjusting my wagering position to all green I sweet to embrace the contest!

Glad Adelaide made a comeback and we stepped it up to fight hard. The game was good for our development and belief!

Was I phased by the match? Not really, I am focused on us winning multiple premierships in the future and the experience is simply part of what needs to be done on the journey. Like a fire fighter you can't get caught in the event , you have to knuckle down and barrack!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last 30 years of watching Richmond play; its like watching a Greyhound you have backed being lengths in front to fall over inexplicably or hobble off with a mysterious injury.

Last edited:
Wow. Turning the TV off. Walking out of the room. I thought I was bad but it proves that we have over the years been programmed to expect dead rubbers at this time of the year where players shore up their spot on the list with the odd meaningless win that a game full of adreneline and consequences is something that our bodies need some adjusting to.

I loved the torment in some peverse way and way my body was confused as to why I would be reacting to a game like at this stage of the year. I was able to relax my body afterwards by watching the replay of the scum collapsing to Brisbane which was soothing. My body is used to me having to shift my football dreams to the scum failing at this time of the year and it felt more natural.

Yes.... like a cat on a hot tin roof last night.... I'm not good watching on tv as it is.... much prefer to be at the game live, looking at match ups, seeing the game unfold, being able to look forward and behind play or watch the efforts of individuals.... so TV combined with tight games really doesn't work for me!

Last night I was listening to music and checking the scores on the AFL app (Collingwood Vs. Brisbane was on 7mate here in Queensland, and I do have the AFL Live Pass, but was too nervous to watch the game so used it not being on TV as an excuse! :cool:), and what I would do is cover up Richmond's score with my hand when I refreshed the screen, just to see if the Crows had scored, and then I'd check Richmond's.

I justified it as like getting the bad news first, and then hopefully if there's no bad news, there'd be some good news! XD

I specifically remember from 3 quarter time, not checking the scores until about halfway through the final quarter, and knowing we had been in-front by 19 points, when I looked I saw Adelaide at 68... and then checked us, and we were stuck on 63... my heart dropped out of my stomach at that point, especially knowing the Lions were smashing the Pies.

At this point I manned up and was like "* it, I'm just going to watch the rest of this game on the app, and win/lose/draw I will be proud of the boys", and so watched it from when it was 69-63 against. When Gordon kicked the goal to put us in-front, I had horrible memories of that Fremantle game last year at Pattersons when Ballantyne won them the game by 1pt, and kept expecting Betts to pop up and * us over.

When Martin kicked that goal with a minute left... absolutely LOST MY s**t! :D:D:D

Kicked up some of my favorite tunes post-match and watched that "Last 2 minutes" video about 89 times!!!

It's torture sometimes, but I love being a Richmond supporter! :cry::D

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back