Has Lance Franklin surpassed Wayne Carey as the greatest key forward of the modern era?

Has Lance Franklin surpassed Wayne Carey as the greatest key forward of the modern era?

• Yes – already

• Not yet – but he will

• No – and he won't

• Someone else is the best

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

How often does Buddy need to do it? How often does that situation present itself in today's game?
Don't really see him stand in front of a pack either. He's a different type of player for a bloke his size, no doubt about it. I just think for a bloke his size he could play a bit stronger, especially when you consider the cheap shots he throws at opposition players.

I'm watching Sydney vs Geelong as I type this. Buddy has had a couple of set shots for goal from just outside 50, and failed to kick a goal from either one when his team desperately needed it. Anyone who watched Carey knows that in the same position he would've kicked the ball through the big sticks and made it look effortless.

I'm watching Sydney vs Geelong as I type this. Buddy has had a couple of set shots for goal from just outside 50, and failed to kick a goal from either one when his team desperately needed it. Anyone who watched Carey knows that in the same position he would've kicked the ball through the big sticks and made it look effortless.
Does have that Stevie J feel about it tonight. Anyone else they'd be asking if they're finished.

Buddy's probably got him covered in personality too. Perhaps the media turns you into a cretin.
Carey is infinitely better than the others to listen to. At least Carey has the balls to call out the umpiring. The others just remain silent in fear of upsetting the AFL, or in Ling's case, he's too one sided to care and complains about umpiring the other way :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carey is infinitely better than the others to listen to. At least Carey has the balls to call out the umpiring. The others just remain silent in fear of upsetting the umpiring, or in Ling's case, he's too one sided to care and complains about umpiring the other way :drunk:
True. I mark him harshly but compared to the lemmings, he's good.

I agree Carey is better, but he missed some dead set sitters when North needed it in the 98 GF

Piss poor game from bud tonight, Newman may be right with his buddy goes missing when it matters theory.

Matthew Lloyd won more games off his own boot than Buddy, even if he was a traditional full forward.

Buddy's longevity is impressive but how many times has he really dragged his team across the line in key games post 2008? Not a whole lot.

Lance will be an all-time great but he simply doesn't have the influence on a game's outcome that Lloyd and Carey had.

Called it.

Back