Has Lance Franklin surpassed Wayne Carey as the greatest key forward of the modern era?

Has Lance Franklin surpassed Wayne Carey as the greatest key forward of the modern era?

• Yes – already

• Not yet – but he will

• No – and he won't

• Someone else is the best

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I ask.
Who was the best at North while Carey was there?
Who has been the best at Sydney while Buddy has been there?

Yes and i know this is about forwards, but imo Carey is rated as one of the best ever players, Buddy is not even the best in his team.
Only argument would be Kennedy. They are a clear as daylight top 2 for us.

"Mcveigh is a club champion"
Has Buddy ever been?
You started 0-6, then a player like Mcveigh comes back and finds form, you make finals, i think he is better than you think.

Whilst good, if anything Rampe coming back had a bigger impact than McVeigh. Not to say McVeigh didn't help, there are lots of reasons that they turned their season around. But I see Rampe being the main reason for that.

Whilst good, if anything Rampe coming back had a bigger impact than McVeigh. Not to say McVeigh didn't help, there are lots of reasons that they turned their season around. But I see Rampe being the main reason for that.
My point is, Buddy isn't even the best player at his club, Carey is rated as one of the best ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you remember all the finals where Carey went missing?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You mean the finals where he had 3 players holding on to him all game which allowed our other forwards to win games? Carey would get 50 free kicks a game if he played in the current era.

You mean the finals where he had 3 players holding on to him all game which allowed our other forwards to win games? Carey would get 50 free kicks a game if he played in the current era.
I was being sarcastic

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buddy has won only one club best and fairest - back in 2008. Carey won 4. Enough said.
Lindsay Thomas in his best season didn't finish top 10 in the B&F yet you'll find North fans frothing about him being ripped off for AA that year. Just doesn't add up.

B&F winners are another level of performance and for forwards, top 5 is a great season and to win 4 is remarkable.

Are you thick?

Franklin is one of the best players I've seen... it's the painful fanbois who can't handle the idea that he's not perfect at every single aspect of the game.

Being large doesn't make you physically imposing anyway. Ben Graham was 196cm/107kg and had minimal presence. Jesse White in the same boat.

Are you?

Franklin is a monster and is as physically imposing a player as we have seen in the last decade.

Are you?

Franklin is a monster and is as physically imposing a player as we have seen in the last decade.

Are you referring to all those half back flankers he has monstered?

Back