Has The Horse Bolted? Anyone else kinda not missing footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

I kind of feel like I'm in remission.

Initially I thought living without would be nigh on impossible.
But to be honest, now that the cold turkey has passed....I don't miss it.

I actually couldn't give a s**t if I never see a game of footy again.

Anyone else feeling sober?
I feel like this can be partially explained by your support of gold coast

Ive accepted that 2020 is a complete write-off for everything. Everything. Theres no enjoyment to be had or anything to look forward to. We just have to get through it.

My whole life in one BigFooty post :rainbow:

Ive accepted that 2020 is a complete write-off for everything. Everything. Theres no enjoyment to be had or anything to look forward to. We just have to get through it.
And then we have years and years of dealing with the economic and societal fallout resulting from this. Lots of fun coming our way as the government seeks to repair the economy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But to be honest, now that the cold turkey has passed....I don't miss it.

I actually couldn't give a s**t if I never see a game of footy again.

Anyone else feeling sober?

Sort of...

I miss community and junior footy so much that I'd go vegan for a month just to run the water for the u12s once.

I miss seeing Richmond live terribly. I miss seeing them play live on telly a bit. But there's plenty of replays.

The rest of the AFL - no. Will happily live without it for however long is necessary.

I live in hope that when footy does return, the bump will be back. 2-3 speccies a game will be back. Media personalities and commentators will take a step back and just let the game do all the talking.

Oh' be nice if players put more into their weekly footy than what they do off it (yes Dangerfield, that's you).
Much less media would be great. Most of them are so busy trying to build their profiles. Roaming Brian is a blight and reflection of how crap the coverage is. Too many teams, too many meaningless games. I loved the shorter quarters. A much purer game. Just call the game and have 10 minutes of why teams won and lost. I mostly watch with the sound down now.

I am enjoying not listening to Vic media flogs as much

Even SEN are decent to liisten to ATM talking about old games/players.

Bit of reminiscing.

Im not missing live games at all.

Tomorrow wouldve been Port v Eagles at AO though... mightve gone... At least we are still undefeated v Port at AO for another season

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kind of enjoying not having Carlton ruin my weekends for a change :)

In all honesty I missing other sports a lot more, like the NBA, English Football, MLB etc

2019 was one of the most boring season's ever of footy.

I enjoy it and will be happy when it’s back.

This absurd “pillar of the community” or “people can’t live without it!” thing is pretty ridiculous though and driven by the industry’s idea of its own self importance.

Eddie is doing a good job with all that Pillar of the Community/Decent supporters Collingwood Mugs are in the media.

It's rather nauseating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back