Has the injury to Harris Andrews dented our finals campaign

TheZork

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It won't happen but yes CEY is the best option. I've personally put a line through Eagles, Ballenden, Skinner and Smith. None of them have shown much at AFL level at all. So I'd go Payne and CEY in.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Didn't the Tigers win the flag with Shaun Grigg as their 2nd ruck.
Correct.

We're currently lacking a little extra drive from our M/F so if we can bring someone in who adds that as well as rucks that's a big tick . The issue is ,well firstly the issue is that I don't think Fagan thinks like that and it won't happen ,but can he actually ruck . We know Archie can ruck a bit , McStay's not hopeless , the others in contention can't ruck much at all ,so he wouldn't have to be all that good to not lose much in the rucking contests.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
I'll be brutally honest here, and set aside my LIONS-coloured glasses for a second.....it's gonna be tough. I have felt all season, and not unlike some others on here, that NEXT YEAR is when we are a fully cooked meal, ready to serve up a feast. As evidence, our week to week goal kicking struggles reflect our "nearly there" aspect. So, Harris not being there doesn't really change that.

WITH THAT SAID.....

If we are good enough, we'll get through to a Prelim and welcome Harris back - so, from a team angle, it's a massive opportunity for another player to make a fist of their selection. I have faith in Fages and co, in the system, in their preparations in training over the last 18 months, which would have dealt with scenarios like this.

LIONS GLASSES BACK ON....

I STILL BELIEVE :D

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Suck for the lions, I like watching him play. How long is he out for? Reckon brissy are still a chance even if he can't get back in time.

Suck for the lions, I like watching him play. How long is he out for? Reckon brissy are still a chance even if he can't get back in time.

No different to Richmond with no Rance - we can do it but it does make it harder for us.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
These guys pay so little attention to our team, let alone our list that they wouldn’t know who we had to replace Andrews or how we might restructure. We might have SUPERMAN ready to fill the void and they wouldn’t know.
I thought we did, Marcus Adams, problem is, he is the most injury prone, busted up KPD to ever play.

For what it is worth, round 10 to 15, total goals kicked by each team currently in the 8.
Geelong 68
Richmond 63
West Coast 50
Port 47
Collingwood 47
St Kilda 38
GWS 38
Brisbane 37

We need Charlie, Eric, Dan, Cam and the others that venture forward to lift. The backhalf can be reworked, re-structured etc as much as we want, if we don't kick goals, it is all in vain.

The above probably goes a long way to indicate why Geelong and Richmond are flag favourites and we are not.

that made me shudder and should temper the expectations of even the most optimistic.
At least I now won’t go into finals expecting a premiership - just building a bank of experience so we can nail the next three years.

definitely need a KPF in the off season thanks Santa.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
It won't happen but yes CEY is the best option. I've personally put a line through Eagles, Ballenden, Skinner and Smith. None of them have shown much at AFL level at all. So I'd go Payne and CEY in.
Sadly, I feel the same.
I had hopes for Ballenden but to be honest, I reckon all four offer very little and aren’t the future.

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
No different to Richmond with no Rance - we can do it but it does make it harder for us.
Exactly what I was thinking. Thought I'd get boo'd out if I mentioned Rance/Richmond 😂

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
that made me shudder and should temper the expectations of even the most optimistic.
At least I now won’t go into finals expecting a premiership - just building a bank of experience so we can nail the next three years.

definitely need a KPF in the off season thanks Santa.

If you don't think we can find our rounds 1-9 form where we were the second highest scoring team

If you don't think we can find our rounds 1-9 form where we were the second highest scoring team

I think our young minds are struggling with the intensity of this season more so than their bodies. I think there isn’t enough time to digest and learn from all the games we’ve had over such a short period. Even just the opposition prep would be almost impossible over a few days.

Alternatively, I think Geelong and Richmond have so much experience they can just go out and play their normal game. They’ve played other teams so many times they already know how they play and how to adapt each week. And that’s why they are forging ahead.

so no, I’m hopeful but not confident they can regroup.

And that’s made more difficult when our best are out - Harris back for finals will be a massive boost. Hopefully it happens. Didn’t like Neale limping on Friday, and both Charlie and Zorko seem to be below normal intensity. Need a few planets to align.

I’m still super impressed with what we’ve achieved this year. We’ve stepped up our grit and determination and that’s a massive component of premiership challenging.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
For what it is worth, round 10 to 15, total goals kicked by each team currently in the 8.
Geelong 68
Richmond 63
West Coast 50
Port 47
Collingwood 47
St Kilda 38
GWS 38
Brisbane 37

We need Charlie, Eric, Dan, Cam and the others that venture forward to lift. The backhalf can be reworked, re-structured etc as much as we want, if we don't kick goals, it is all in vain.

The above probably goes a long way to indicate why Geelong and Richmond are flag favourites and we are not.

Last 6 games played instead of 6 rounds

Geelong 70
Richmond 63
West Coast 61
Port 57
St K 55
BL 51
Collingwood 47
GWS 47

Yes but many on here are ruling out our chances in finals because we haven't kicked many goals in the last 5 games despite winning 4 of them.
And, as you have said, an assumption that things can't turn around, both for us and other teams like Geelong and Richmond who appear to be flying, but weren't looking so good when we were. The most promising part for us is that we have managed to win whilst not firing on all cylinders. I'm quietly confident that we can ramp things up and will do so when it counts. Maybe it isn't our year to go all the way but who knows?

Yes pretty spot on. Although I think we can put a line through Jacob Allison as a defensive option. Bit disappointing that the guys who have been on the list a few years don't appear to be making a more compelling case for selection - Hinge, Cox and Toby Wooller in particular. And no indication as to how young guys are tracking - e.g. Ely Smith, Brock Smith, Jaxon Prior and Tom Joyce. Dev and Tom Berry also seem to be off the selection radar for now.

Back