Opinion Has the MCG become a homogeneous ground ?

Have all the MCG redevelopments lessened its appeal?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever watched sport there?
yeah I attended the only 100 point loss I have ever seen Geelong have since I started watching football which was in 2014 to Sydney

I stayed till the last minute like a true supporter would but damn that was some unknown territory

yeah I attended the only 100 point loss I have ever seen Geelong have since I started watching football which was in 2014 to Sydney

I stayed till the last minute like a true supporter would but damn that was some unknown territory
That could possibly explain why its not your favourite ground?

Nope- it’s still a brilliant ground. Love going to it. Views from everywhere are great.

Have you been to literally any other stadium? The view at the G is the worst in Australia.

You can have the best seats in the house Level 2 on the wing and you are still miles away from the action...

Arent you there to watch the footy not gaze in awe at the architecture?
I agree, but there's something about not-quite-right footy grounds that gives them a bit of personality.

Everyone knows that the Western Oval blows a gale across it, Moorabbin is a mud pit, Victoria Park involves having urine tipped on you as you go down the race, Waverley is freezing, Kardinia has no wings, and the SCG is tiny. That kind of adds to the romance of footy, a little bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, but there's something about not-quite-right footy grounds that gives them a bit of personality.

Everyone knows that the Western Oval blows a gale across it, Moorabbin is a mud pit, Victoria Park involves having urine tipped on you as you go down the race, Waverley is freezing, Kardinia has no wings, and the SCG is tiny. That kind of adds to the romance of footy, a little bit.
The G is the collosseum. And the home of all of our treasured GF losses

Have you been to literally any other stadium? The view at the G is the worst in Australia.

You can have the best seats in the house Level 2 on the wing and you are still miles away from the action...
Lol- been to lots of grounds. Enjoyed most of them. Favourite is still the G. Fabulous views everywhere at the g and love the view from the good seats on level 2.
And do you Richmond supporters whinge about everything?

There's been no history preserved , there's no grassed areas or trees, the ground coukd be more inviting and pleasant.
It's not all about cramming in as many people as you can.
It's not that enjoyable going there with a small crowd. They could of retained some of the grounds character.
Who goes to the footy to look at a tree? 🥴

In fairness, there is no other ground with the same capacity requirements as the G.

It's a lot easier to build stands close to the action when you have to seat 50k rather than 100.

Yeah that is fine, but I certainly would not list the view at the G as a perk either way. A poor view is the trade off you get accomodating a 90K+ atmosphere.

Lol- been to lots of grounds. Enjoyed most of them. Favourite is still the G. Fabulous views everywhere at the g and love the view from the good seats on level 2.
And do you Richmond supporters whinge about everything?

Which stadiums have a poor view in your opinion? If you're rating the view at the G so highly, I'd love to know which stadiums fall short...

Back