Has the umpiring "changed" this half of the season?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's changed for the worse. Some of the non-decisions in particular make you wonder what interpretations the umpires are adjudicating.

One thing that hasn't changed is that some teams get the rub of the green, while others are left wondering whether games are fixed against them.

Whatever way you look at it, the umpires are just consistently s**t as far as I'm concerned

Wait, let me guess. Geelogn get the rub of the green, and Freo supporters are wondering if their matches are fixed?

Watch the game again, this time try and observe as if you are neutral. You know the outcome, it should be easy.

Wait, let me guess. Geelogn get the rub of the green, and Freo supporters are wondering if their matches are fixed?

Watch the game again, this time try and observe as if you are neutral. You know the outcome, it should be easy.

Oh damn, you guessed wrong indeed. You guessed oh so horribly wrong. It was a general observation with no meaning behind it whatsoever.

Just for the record, not everyone wants to talk about Geelong.

Well I recon the umpires should call it how they see it and not guess. The problem with umpiring was that they were guessing things when they were blind sided. It's like they only pick the blatantly obvious stuff not and every 3rd infringement they ignore.

Hands in the back and holding have been the best things for the game. Players actually want front position and jump for the ball now. Players actually have a better chance of taking marks and there for teams are kicking longer and going to contests. There are so many more exciting high marks now because of it. Things are going back to wresteling and scragging because those rules are less enforced. You must be on drugs if you can't see this.

I am all for their change. They only seem to be paying frees that are obviously there, anything marginal isn't paid. This is what they should have been doing all along.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back