Toast Has There Been A Better Season From a Young Ruckman?

Remove this Banner Ad

Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Guys im 20 but due to living overseas and out of Melbourne for the majority of my life, I didn't become a true AFL fanatic until a few years ago. Because of that, I don't know much about player and team performances in the last 2 decades. Sure I know the stats, and who was supposedly good etc, but I can't make judgements for myself on anybody.

Therefore, my question is, has there been a young ruckman who has performed as well as Kreuzer, so early in their career, in the history of the game? I don't mean a good 10 games, or playing a complete season after 4 pre-seasons bulking up or something. I mean has there been a 20 year old ruckman, who has played the full 22 games of the season, as the number 1 ruck, and done such a brilliant job of it?

Mitch Clark is a year and a half older than Kreuzer and has had four years in the system.

Fraser had a very good start to his career, kicking a lot of goals.

That's one I was thinking of as I know he too was a number #1 pick. Who do you think has been more impressive early, him or Kreuz?

Also to make it clear, im looking to compare people of the same (or very similar age) to Kreuzer, or younger

mitch clark. end of story.

Another clown who only reads the headlines and not the article.

Yes, Mitch Clark has had a great year, looks like being a great player and has improved out of sight.

The OP mentioned ruckmen as young as Kreuzer, not having had 4 pre seasons bulking up. Clark has had 4 pre seasons, Kreuzer has only had 2. Clark is 2 years older, compare their second seasons, Clark managed only 4 games.

Clark is doing a great job now, but Kreuzer is well ahead of where Clark was at the same age.

i cant remember any doing as well as him. For a number 1 draft pick in that position, he really has settled faster than most.

Thinking about him gaining more muscle which he def needs, you wouldnt want him to lose any mobility because he really is another on-baller for us.

Jeff Whites first year was good
Matty Allans was a ripper also

Actually Matty Allan hardly saw any action in his first 3 seasons at the club (1994-1996) because 'Harry' Madden was carrying the rucks (AA in '95) & Sticks did most of the ruck work in the forward line. Stephen Oliver & Andrew Cavedon were chosen ahead of Allan in the early part of '94 (his first season), but ultimately the club went with Madden as our only ruck. Allan played 3 games in his first season, managing 7 hitouts in those 3 games.

Allan really stepped up in '97, his 4th season (much like Mitch Clark), after Madden had called it a 'day'.

Clark and Ryder in 2009.
facepalm.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clark and Ryder in 2009.
Ryder's also had a great year, but like Clark he's been around since the 2005 draft. They both have 2 years development on Kreuzer.

The thread title could be a little more specific. McKernan would be right up there as a second year ruckman.

Was that your reaction to last Saturday Night was it?

Clark and Ryder have been better then Kreuzer this year who whilst has been promising is nowhere near the aforementioned.

Saying that though, what did you expect from a no. 1 pick? A dud? He was always going to be a good player.

Please return to the OP & make sure you read & understand it. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

Actually Matty Allan hardly saw any action in his first 3 seasons at the club (1994-1996) because 'Harry' Madden was carrying the rucks (AA in '95) & Sticks did most of the ruck work in the forward line. Stephen Oliver & Andrew Cavedon were chosen ahead of Allan in the early part of '94 (his first season), but ultimately the club went with Madden as our only ruck. Allan played 3 games in his first season, managing 7 hitouts in those 3 games.

Allan really stepped up in '97, his 4th season (much like Mitch Clark), after Madden had called it a 'day'.

Q. Has there been a better season from a young ruckman

A. Matty Allan qualifies...4th season is still only a 21 or 22 yr old. Qualifies as young to me.

If the Topic was "1st season", different story

Saun Rehn in his 3rd year was an All Australian. So was McKernan in 1996 (his 3rd year). Jim stynes was AA in his 4th year having never played the game before. Maybe 1991 goes does as the best young ruckmans season?

Q. Has there been a better season from a young ruckman

A. Matty Allan qualifies...4th season is still only a 21 or 22 yr old. Qualifies as young to me.

If the Topic was "1st season", different story

Saun Rehn in his 3rd year was an All Australian. So was McKernan in 1996 (his 3rd year). Jim stynes was AA in his 4th year having never played the game before. Maybe 1991 goes does as the best young ruckmans season?

The OP said "I mean has there been a 20 year old ruckman, who has played the full 22 games of the season, as the number 1 ruck, and done such a brilliant job of it?"

You responded "Jeff Whites first year was good Matty Allans was a ripper also"

Totally missed the point (like 'PearsLair' did) & got it wrong, now you are back-pedalling. You get yourself caught out so often & wonder why people on here don't think you have any credibility as an alleged recruiter.

Clark and Ryder have been better then Kreuzer this year who whilst has been promising is nowhere near the aforementioned
If only Kreuzer had Ryder's talent...

[YOUTUBE]LXRcAUKCP3s[/YOUTUBE]

Not everyone can win a useless Anzac medal by beating a pea heart...

Kreuzer averaged more touches than Ryder this year with just one full pre-season under his belt.

In spite of Hampson and Kreuzer rotating through the ruck...

Kreuzer was playing better footy than Clark and Ryder in their second seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back