Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate give it up, even Paul Roos has come out and given North a serve for their lack of leadership and culture at the club. Why would any young kid want to stay there? He’s clearly not the issue. North can look to make him a scape goat all they want. Just means they won’t improve for even longer.

“When asked if he would continue at North Melbourne next year, Roos' answer was no surprise.

"No, and I think it's best for both parties to be honest."

"I've learned a lot, it's just reaffirmed my views on leadership and culture and all the things that I know, and things that if you don't get right, you're going to be a really bad footy team and that's what I've learned at North Melbourne."

"North didn't get their culture right, as evidence by me fleecing them out of millions of dollars to holiday in Hawaii. A well-run club wouldn't have allowed that"

"North didn't get their culture right, as evidence by me fleecing them out of millions of dollars to holiday in Hawaii. A well-run club wouldn't have allowed that"
Yes everyone else is wrong and the club that has won 7 games in three years has it right.

nah change it back thanks

need to call him out more

im more than happy to start a new one if needs be

Mate will you let it go ?

Sheezel imo is going to be a better player than JH-F and hopefully will be a Shinboner for life, he isn't reading this forum, all posts like this does is reflect poorly on North's fanbase.

Yes it was a bad situation, but you guys got fair and decent compensation (some may argue overs on exposed form)

I don't think Port Adelaide will play finals next season anyway, so you'll cash in on a loaded draft with another valuable trade or draft asset.

Look forwards and upwards. You'll be the happier for it.

i thought I'd replied to this.

Anyway Roos was paid by the club to develop leadership and culture two years ago. Its been his job since and if those things are in a s**t state how the hell does he get away with washing his hands of the problem and walking away? Seems like a consistent theme among soft campaigners who can't go the distance...
Lol, yes he was employed to be part of the footy dept to oversee those aspects on a 2yr deal, he also got removed from the footy dept after 1 year at Nobles reaqest.
Do you think its at all possible that a guy who is credited with instilling culture and leadership at Sydney, who he then coached to a Premiership and then Melbourne, who went on to the same result, may have infact identified the real issue at North and upon acting to change it got set aside by the Coach you subsequently sacked?
Clearly the issue isnt Paul Roos, its your club and whilst you continue to deflect no one will take you seriously.

Mate will you let it go ?

Sheezel imo is going to be a better player than JH-F and hopefully will be a Shinboner for life, he isn't reading this forum, all posts like this does is reflect poorly on North's fanbase.

Yes it was a bad situation, but you guys got fair and decent compensation (some may argue overs on exposed form)

I don't think Port Adelaide will play finals next season anyway, so you'll cash in on a loaded draft with another valuable trade or draft asset.

Look forwards and upwards. You'll be the happier for it.
I think this is why some North fans have reacted so badly. He was hailed as some as the next big thing, only to leave after 12 months. Reality is, he wouldn't even go 1st in a re-draft at this stage and you could make the case for Darcy being better.

If this was some random non-rated player the vitriol wouldn't be nearly as much, if there was any at all.

For JHF we got Wardlaw + another first round pick (chance to be top 10).

I think this is why some North fans have reacted so badly. He was hailed as some as the next big thing, only to leave after 12 months. Reality is, he wouldn't even go 1st in a re-draft at this stage and you could make the case for Darcy being better.

If this was some random non-rated player the vitriol wouldn't be nearly as much, if there was any at all.

I understand the angst and bitterness from many North fans, what I don't understand and certainly don't condone is this vitriol of abuse and degrading of JH-F and his family from several NMFC fans both here and on social media

He is still a baby in footy terms and age, and yet some (admittedly a ratbag vocal minority) North fans seem to think it's okay to wish harm on him (either physically or mentally, or in some instances both)

I have a lot of time and sympathy for North Melbourne fans generally on this forum (absolutely fed up with calls from opposition flogs calling for North to fold, relocate or merge) but I also do not support the bullying (which imo it is) of Jason Horne-Francis on this forum from a minority of North, and indeed opposition fans (like the OP) who should know better.

Sheezal and Wardlaw will set up North's midfield and next finals and premiership contending team beautifully, no more need for bitterness or recriminations from North fans, especially with Clarkson at the helm, the Roos are in their best/most healthy state as a footy club since arguably 1999.

Embrace the journey and leave the past baggage behind, that is my unsolicited advice

Darcy looks like he’s going to be a brilliant player but I think there is certainly an element of underestimating JHF by some.

After all, he was asked to play as a first year centre square starting midfielder. So his ‘output’ was never going to compare from a statistical view to that of some of the other draftees such as Daicos etc on a flank.

Very few first year players are thrown straight in like that with that level of expectation, responsibility and time on ball.

It was inevitable that his performances would drop off as the year went on due to fatigue of being crashed and bashed all year on the inside.

I think he would absolutely hold his value at the moment.

Darcy looks like he’s going to be a brilliant player but I think there is certainly an element of underestimating JHF by some.

After all, he was asked to play as a first year centre square starting midfielder. So his ‘output’ was never going to compare from a statistical view to that of some of the other draftees such as Daicos etc on a flank.

Very few first year players are thrown straight in like that with that level of expectation, responsibility and time on ball.

It was inevitable that his performances would drop off as the year went on due to fatigue of being crashed and bashed all year on the inside.

I think he would absolutely hold his value at the moment.
Good post.

I think that JHF has been bashed for his season performance by many, for his "disinterest" as well as dealing with his leg issues.

And yet, admittedly for a poor team, finished ranked top 12 in disposals, tackles, inside 50s, contested possesions, uncontested possessions, clearances, meters gained, and score involvements.
In his first year.

Very unfairly treated.

Good post.

I think that JHF has been bashed for his season performance by many, for his "disinterest" as well as dealing with his leg issues.

And yet, admittedly for a poor team, finished ranked top 12 in disposals, tackles, inside 50s, contested possesions, uncontested possessions, clearances, meters gained, and score involvements.
In his first year.

Very unfairly treated.
12th in a poor side is nothing special albeit he did have knee issues. He will end up a very good player IMO.

You have been much more eloquent here than I was in a much earlier post and I totally agree.

It’s amazing that all the blame is being placed on an 18/19 year old and nothing directed towards the leaders at the club. Just because he went at number 1 in the draft doesn’t mean he isn’t still a teenager who requires support. That’s where the senior leadership from the coaches, players and club as a whole need to step up and provide that positive environment for players like JHF.

It seemed evident just watching that he didn’t get that support early on due to a whole range of reasons. Even if his behaviour wasn’t top notch and up to scratch that’s not when you get on his back and have a go at him, that’s when you wrap your arms around the young lad and teach and lead by example even if you are frustrated with him.

If he was drafted this year under Clarko and a heap of other strong influences and coaches around him it could have been a completely different story who knows. However this year, from the outside it seemed clear that that leadership was certainly lacking.

You should've seen the shitful efforts Ben Jacobs put in for us in 2012 then.

Cuts both ways to be honest....

Port were rightfully furious with Nick Stevens walking out on Port after investing 5 or 6 years developing him. Stevens goes to Carlton and Port win the flag in 2004.

The Ben Jacobs situation was interesting. Port used a 1st rounder on him. North Offered a mid to late 2nd rounder for him. Port refused as they thought it was unders. North got him for pick 37.

Ironically, Im Also gonna Bring up Fabian Francis too now that I am mentioning it.

Fabian Francis AFL career is intersting.

Started at the Demons . was on their list in 1991-2. Played one game for them in 1991.

Goes to Brisbane Bears in 1993-4. Plays 22 games in 2 seasons for Brisbane.

Goes to Port Magpies in 1995-7.

Port Adelaide Power picks him up in their 1997 inaugural Squad.

Plays 86 games for the power from 1997-2001.

Fabian Francis Walks out of port at the end of 2001 due to a Contract or Pay dispute.

Freo gets in his ear and say he will be picked up as a Preseason pick. Dockers get in trouble for Breaching the salary cap of paying too much money for injured players and was stripped of that preseason pick to get francis.

Dockers then made another deal wth Francis to play for South Freo for the 2002 season and dockers will pick him up for the 2002 draft.

Fabian Francis plays for south freo but does his knee. Dockers didnt draft Francis in the 2002 draft but still sorted out a cash settlement for trying to draft him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the fact he wanted to leave after one season speaks more about North than Jason. Even the players most obvious a risk to go home stuck it out longer than him, because the clubs made it hard for them to leave. The wooden spooner that's gone through multiple coaches in the last few years, is torn in an identity crisis between Melbourne and Tassie is hardly the most attractive place to stay and play football. And trust me I know this, Port Adelaide was just about in the same position from 2009-2012. Dark days for the club but we found the right characters in Cassisi, Boak, Trengove and Gray to guide us through to a more comfortable position. Wardlaw has the potential to do that for North but I honestly think they were just dumb for taking JHF in the first place when they were so unstable. They made their own bed here.

Why do you think that?
No disrespect to your mob. And I am not a north hater.

This current 2020-2022 north Melbourne side is almost as bad as the 2012-3 demons when mark Neeld was coach and the 1992-4 swans who got 3 wooden spoons in a row.

At least there is hope for this current North Melbourne side with Clarkson as coach and getting a couple of gun Victorian kids to build a new future around.

North Melbourne will see the long term view our of this. I doubt North fans would be upset getting the spoon again with 2-4 wins in 2023.

North will back Clarkson and the kids to the hilt in this rebuild

No disrespect to your mob. And I am not a north hater.

This current 2020-2022 north Melbourne side is almost as bad as the 2012-3 demons when mark Neeld was coach and the 1992-4 swans who got 3 wooden spoons in a row.

At least there is hope for this current North Melbourne side with Clarkson as coach and getting a couple of gun Victorian kids to build a new future around.

North Melbourne will see the long term view our of this. I doubt North fans would be upset getting the spoon again with 2-4 wins in 2023.

North will back Clarkson and the kids to the hilt in this rebuild

I disagree. 2023 premiers

JHF has been a very naughty boy.
Going to be a great player.
Not as good as Nick Daicos though. 😜

Remove this Banner Ad

Back