Roast Hass Survives

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, here comes the personal attacks and the references that I’m a club ambassador because I disagree with your opinion, well done 👏
Says the poster who states I was looking for something to be angry at when I was just sharing my opinion.

You could have let it go but you can’t, it’s because you have a sixth sense when someone posts something critical, it’s what you do, there’s no denying it so, then you offer a lame defence. Take that as a personal attack if you want but it’s just your reality.

Agree again, I can understand here Sloane is coming from, he got his retirement deal (5 years), family is his focus and it seems he is just going through the motions as captain.

Would love to give it to one of our younger brigade.

I don't think it's just because of what they've been through. I think it's cultural. Senior players know they just have to get through training without suffering hamstring awareness and they will be selected.

For a while now our club has had a 9-5 culture. Remember Dangerfield saying it was just a hobby when he was playing for us? He goes to Geelong and suddenly it's all about winning a premiership. If he'd played like that here, we'd have won the flag in 2015.

Talia has always sounded a lot more hungry for a premiership than Sloane. He should have been captain.

I don't think it's just because of what they've been through. I think it's cultural. Senior players know they just have to get through training without suffering hamstring awareness and they will be selected.

For a while now our club has had a 9-5 culture. Remember Dangerfield saying it was just a hobby when he was playing for us? He goes to Geelong and suddenly it's all about winning a premiership. If he'd played like that here, we'd have won the flag in 2015.

Talia has always sounded a lot more hungry for a premiership than Sloane. He should have been captain.

I'm sorry but Danger played his heart out in his very last games for us, a final.

Danger was not the issue for us back then.

The hobby reference was about fans

Yes has to be just the implementation.

It couldn't be that the moron implemented a sh*t system.

"But it is just a statistical measure"

No, KT 360 which is what we bought in to replace the 'spreadsheets' is far more than just a measurement device as is made clear on their own website.
You've got quite a chip on your shoulder about this system. Why is that?

Just cause i'm bored I tallied up the player press conferences from YouTube. This doesn't include coaches or any radio interviews, just the Crows hosted press conferences.

Rory Sloane led the team with 5, however he had the longest break in between, with a pre-Round 1 press conference, 2 during the COVID break (with one being on Talking Footy) a traditional Captains press conference before the Showdown and then nothing until after the season was done for us.

Next best was ROB with 4, then Talia, Keays, Lynch and Doedee on 3, Smith, Laird, Walker, Murphy and Sholl on 2 and Jones, Frampton, Seedsman, Hartigan, Mackay, Schoenberg, Himmelberg, Gibbs (his retirement conference), Kelly and Atkins with 1 each.

You've got quite a chip on your shoulder about this system. Why is that?

Because there's no academic literature that really supports the claims the company makes?

It's another collective minds, snake oil Burton bought because he lacked critical thinking skills.

Yet unlike collective minds people here blindly support it and insist it's a good thing, despite NO evidence it has been benificial.

Players fitness levels this year was 100% on the players. They're the ones that turned up out of shape after covid, other teams players didn't.
I agree that's what happened, but the club should have been monitoring them the whole time, providing them with programs, and increasing their load if they were falling behind fitness wise

Just cause i'm bored I tallied up the player press conferences from YouTube. This doesn't include coaches or any radio interviews, just the Crows hosted press conferences.

Rory Sloane led the team with 5, however he had the longest break in between, with a pre-Round 1 press conference, 2 during the COVID break (with one being on Talking Footy) a traditional Captains press conference before the Showdown and then nothing until after the season was done for us.

Next best was ROB with 4, then Talia, Keays, Lynch and Doedee on 3, Smith, Laird, Walker, Murphy and Sholl on 2 and Jones, Frampton, Seedsman, Hartigan, Mackay, Schoenberg, Himmelberg, Gibbs (his retirement conference), Kelly and Atkins with 1 each.
Wow, so our captain in our worst ever season did not do a Crows hosted press conference after we were flogged by Port, North and our record run of losses. But he did do a weekly comedy spot with his pals on MMM, FMD.

Wow, so our captain in our worst ever season did not do a Crows hosted press conference after we were flogged by Port, North and our record run of losses. But he did do a weekly comedy spot with his pals on MMM, FMD.
Interesting hypothesis

Still want to defend this statement from a couple of pages ago?

And only doing media when we started winning. We had to give him 5 years to keep him, that's going to bite us, he's a naughty boy

He doesn't seem comfortable at all I'm front of the camera.

Doesn't seem to trust himself to not say something stupid. He doesn't have the same (for the lack of a better word) aura that Tex and other captains had.

He might still be a good leader in the club though

He doesn't seem comfortable at all I'm front of the camera.

Doesn't seem to trust himself to not say something stupid. He doesn't have the same (for the lack of a better word) aura that Tex and other captains had.

He might still be a good leader in the club though
When you are the captain of the club and you’re going through the season we did, you have to front. You don’t leave it to ROB and others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He might not have done Crows pressers but he definitely did other media, are you saying he didn’t?
I am saying that given it is your character assassination on Sloane that he was “only doing media when we started winning”, then you should provide data to support it.

At present, the only facts presented flatly contradict your original assertion.

I am saying that given it is your character assassination on Sloane that he was “only doing media when we started winning”, then you should provide data to support it.

At present, the only facts presented flatly contradict your original assertion.
My character assassination, a bit melodramatic don’t you think. But there’s 2 parts to this “assassination”, he didn’t do any media work when we were losing, which has now been confirmed, but you just go ahead and ignore that.

The second part he did some media when we started to win, sorry but I don’t have the dates and times, but he did, I thought at the time we hadn’t heard from him and now we are. You can choose to believe he didn’t, I don’t give a s**t.

When you are the captain of the club and you’re going through the season we did, you have to front. You don’t leave it to ROB and others.
The sooner Doedee is captain the better. Nothing against Sloane personally but I feel he will play better with less responsibility similar to Boak. ROB will make a good VC imo.

Last edited:
Disappointing news but to be expected when they put all their eggs in the Burgess basket. Let's start a real search now with an aim for a new fitness boss in 2022.

I have a mixed feeling about our players fitness levels.

On the one hand, I don't think Hass' appointment was done with any rigour and instead was simply a matter of Burton bringing in a guy he worked with. His promotion, only a matter of days later, was an absolute disgrace. So, no I don't think he ever had the qualifications or experience to be in this role. As such, he should be replaced.

However,
I also think that the playing group need to take responsibility for the condition they returned in. In this I think our leadership has been greatly lacking.
When I see Tex and Sloane, I see two guys who know their best is behind them, who know we are in re-build mode and who know that they won't be in our next contending team.
I also see two guys who went through heartache with their kids and as such have a much greater emphasis on family than they otherwise might have.
The result is that I think we are lacking that driven leader who is pushing the side forwards.

I suspect that once the Covid shutdown happened, our leaders spent time with their families and largely let the club direction fall away. It then took time for the playing group to reach anything near AFL fitness levels.

I don't think of this as a criticism of Sloane and Tex, as they have every reason to want to focus on their family. But it does show that we lack some leadership willing to really drive standards.
Our leader in waiting (Doedee) and I think he’s a natural, seems a bit injury prone to, which ain’t that great.

Because there's no academic literature that really supports the claims the company makes?

It's another collective minds, snake oil Burton bought because he lacked critical thinking skills.

Yet unlike collective minds people here blindly support it and insist it's a good thing, despite NO evidence it has been benificial.
Hmm not sure that comparison holds.

Also don't think people have "blindly supported it".

What I do know (for a fact) is that Burton skimped on the initial purchase and, as a result, ****ed up the implementation. I also know (for a fact) that the club spent money to rectify that mistake. Then they hired the bloke who designed the system to re-implement it and have now hired a rehab guy to take over the rehab (which includes tools like KT).

These types of tools aren't new, and there are plenty on the market. They had good results with it at North and have enough high profile clients globally to give it some credibility. Are you saying we should have bought the Ford instead of the Holden, or are you against cars in general?.

Reckon that you have misinterpreted that hobby reference. Danger never gave less than 100% for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back