Ghost/Paranormal Haunted houses

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Sorry, Bay 13 joke. It doesn't matter. Quick explanation though, one bloke kept editing his posts over, and over, and over, really obsessive. When pulled up about it he blamed it on only having "one RAM nodule" on his computer. It became a bit of a meme for a while.

Carry on!

Seedsman_

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 2, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds United
This happened a while ago. One night I had forgotten to wheel the bins out for the garbage trucks to pick up. When I had remembered, it was around 1:15am and due to my laziness, I got my younger brother to help me wheel out one of the bins. As we were walking through the garage, I heard a youngish adult female voice say "hey, what are you doing here?" It sounded like it came from one of the corners in the ceiling. I thought I was hearing things so I turned to my brother and asked "did you hear that?"and he said he had, recalling the same question being asked. Definitely a big wtf moment.

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This happened a while ago. One night I had forgotten to wheel the bins out for the garbage trucks to pick up. When I had remembered, it was around 1:15am and due to my laziness, I got my younger brother to help me wheel out one of the bins. As we were walking through the garage, I heard a youngish adult female voice say "hey, what are you doing here?" It sounded like it came from one of the corners in the ceiling. I thought I was hearing things so I turned to my brother and asked "did you hear that?"and he said he had, recalling the same question being asked. Definitely a big wtf moment.

Was your garage ever used as a bedroom? Previous owners, etc?

Seedsman_

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 2, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds United
Was your garage ever used as a bedroom? Previous owners, etc?
Nah mate, my parents bought it brand new and it's only ever been a garage in the 25+ years the family has lived there. It was only a one time thing, nothing compared to what has happened to a cousin of mine, which I'll post.
Probably the next door neighbor
Potentially, however we knew the neighbours quite well at the time and we didn't recognise there voices. The voice sounded like an EVP recording.

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nah mate, my parents bought it brand new and it's only ever been a garage in the 25+ years the family has lived there. It was only a one time thing, nothing compared to what has happened to a cousin of mine, which I'll post.

Potentially, however we knew the neighbours quite well at the time and we didn't recognise there voices. The voice sounded like an EVP recording.

That's a strange one, because why would it happen in that garage?

So there was no house there before the brand new house was built? What town (if that's OK to divulge?), and are you sure there wasn't a house knocked down prior to the new house being built?

Seedsman_

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 2, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds United
That's a strange one, because why would it happen in that garage?

So there was no house there before the brand new house was built? What town (if that's OK to divulge?), and are you sure there wasn't a house knocked down prior to the new house being built?
No idea mate, it has me stumped. It was the most random, unexpected experience. The house is located in a suburb called Mill Park and the land used to be a quarry. So there were no houses previously built there.

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No idea mate, it has me stumped. It was the most random, unexpected experience. The house is located in a suburb called Mill Park and the land used to be a quarry. So there were no houses previously built there.

A quarry. Workers dongers?

Sorry, that's not supposed to sound rude, Aus slang for a small caravan in which workers who are staying on site live.

Do you know the history of the quarry?

Could be residual for a sentence that was said in that spot that has no particular meaning it's just trapped in time.

Any sandstone around?

Seedsman_

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 2, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds United
A quarry. Workers dongers?

Sorry, that's not supposed to sound rude, Aus slang for a small caravan in which workers who are staying on site live.

Do you know the history of the quarry?
All I know is that it was opened in the early 60's and remained until the residential development that happened in the 80's.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2012
Lowry Hotel
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man United, Victory
Have you heard the young lady's voice again? Maybe set up an EVP/EMF recorder and ask a couple of questions in your garage

Seedsman_

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 2, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds United
Bugger, I don't know then. Of course could be nothing, but trying to think of ways it could be something, in case it is.
Yeah it probably isn't anything, but was very strange to say the least.

Anyway the most interesting story I've ever heard on house hauntings was from a work colleague of my old man. She recalled an eerie feeling of not being alone, hearing footsteps etc. One night she said she was in bed reading with her husband asleep next to her and this strong force picked her up and threw her across the room. She had later found out that a couple were murdered there in the house, who were previous tenants.

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Anyway the most interesting story I've ever heard on house hauntings was from a work colleague of my old man. She recalled an eerie feeling of not being alone, hearing footsteps etc. One night she said she was in bed reading with her husband asleep next to her and this strong force picked her up and threw her across the room. She had later found out that a couple were murdered there in the house, who were previous tenants.
Was she alone?

I'd say the voice us residual.

Residual voices can be if anything, you could say hello and if it has a profound effect on time it gets trapped and is replayed like a tape forever, essentially.

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Sorry re reading you said her hubby was next to her. That's a weird one.

Back