Have any Big Footy posters tested positive to Covid-19?

Remove this Banner Ad

Positive tests are still fairly scarce in FNQ. You'd have to be really unlucky, really stupid, really frontline or a jetsetter. Even with those weekend elections, seems more prevalent in SEQ for now, which is at least a day's drive away.

How many of those 102,793 accounts are Tef I wonder
That doesn’t include banned and spam accounts. We’re over 200k with those.

A LOT of people i know in my circle of friends and family including myself had similar in jan and early feb - I recall remarking to wifey who is a nurse - isnt it strange the amount of colds we seem to have in the height of summer. Who knows

TBH Same. Had a cold for a week late Feb/early March that turned into a chest cough for about a week. Came back again a week after that and just couldn't shake the bastard off until last week. Didn't bother getting tested as the advice at the time was don't get tested unless you have the symptoms (never had a fever but cold and a bad cough) so reasonably sure that wasn't it. But I did notice the same that a lot of people were getting colds kind of early.

Makes me think are there levels. As in lets say I did get tested I could've tested positive when really I reckon I got "sick" as I was so busy and run down with work which led to something giving.

TBH Same. Had a cold for a week late Feb/early March that turned into a chest cough for about a week. Came back again a week after that and just couldn't shake the bastard off until last week. Didn't bother getting tested as the advice at the time was don't get tested unless you have the symptoms (never had a fever but cold and a bad cough) so reasonably sure that wasn't it. But I did notice the same that a lot of people were getting colds kind of early.

Makes me think are there levels. As in lets say I did get tested I could've tested positive when really I reckon I got "sick" as I was so busy and run down with work which led to something giving.
One of my relatives went to Brisbane in early November last year and didn't feel well up there, flew back to Hobart about a week later and spent the next two and a half weeks in bed crook as a dog, still has the bad cough even now.
Reckoned it was the worst she'd felt in over 50 years and was the longest sick leave she'd had by treble in 49 years of working.
Then in mid-December, I came down with it, spent 4-5 days in bed but came right only that I've had that cough and felt out of sorts since December.
Next door neighbour worked as an airline steward for one of the major airline carriers at around the same time frame and has had both the bad cough and washed out feeling since November.
We've had a very poor Summer in Southern Tas but still, quite unusual.

One of my relatives went to Brisbane in early November last year and didn't feel well up there, flew back to Hobart about a week later and spent the next two and a half weeks in bed crook as a dog, still has the bad cough even now.
Reckoned it was the worst she'd felt in over 50 years and was the longest sick leave she'd had by treble in 49 years of working.
Then in mid-December, I came down with it, spent 4-5 days in bed but came right only that I've had that cough and felt out of sorts since December.
Next door neighbour worked as an airline steward for one of the major airline carriers at around the same time frame and has had both the bad cough and washed out feeling since November.

Bit early for Corona but it is unusual. Don't know if its a seasonal thing, a new bug or what. I take it thou you went to bed when sick like a normal person and didn't need the army checking up on you? We have gone from no need to panic to a full on Police State in 8 weeks.

Not someone on BF but just got off the phone from a friend who lives on the Sapphire Coast in NSW, some young idiots down there shared some bongs the other week and they have all come down with it.

Part of me has little sympathy due to their absolute stupidity.
Luckily we don't let stupid young idiots post on BF

It’s possible what you describe was flu
I got it (genuine flu)12 months ago over Christmas and it completely floors you

Tested yesterday and came back negative
I work out of the Adelaide airport precinct and have regular work inside the terminal and in close proximity to the Qantas baggage handlers. Approximately 110 of us were tested yesterday. I believe a further 11 of the baggage handlers tested positive and 2 family members of the baggage handlers. Looking like I have to work from another location for a couple of days whilst the area is thoroughly cleaned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read last night that there's almost 40 people in my council with it, so I'll be back in an hour or two to post on my infection.

I had a sore throat for almost 2 weeks until yesterday. It was a different sore throat to ones I've ever had. It felt like half of my throat was blocked from breathing so slight breathing problem. I had no fever and a small dry cough. I tried to get tested last week for covid they wouldn't test me as I didn't come from overseas, no confirmed contact etc.

I had a sore throat for almost 2 weeks until yesterday. It was a different sore throat to ones I've ever had. It felt like half of my throat was blocked from breathing so slight breathing problem. I had no fever and a small dry cough. I tried to get tested last week for covid they wouldn't test me as I didn't come from overseas, no confirmed contact etc.
No s**t was about to post the same thing. Just got the blocked throat last night and still have it. Breathing is fine. No other symptoms. Haven't been overseas.

I had it and it has passed but was never actually tested. GP said I had it at the time but no tests were available. Live in NYC so quite difficult to avoid unfortunately. Symptoms were mild, at worst, with lost sense of taste and smell with a very minor cough for about a week. Plenty of other friends here have or had it - smell/taste gone, cough/dry throat, fever and body aches for a couple of days. None have been hospitalized thankfully. It's no disco

Have a very slight sore throat for the last 3 weeks. A very small cough in the mornings. Physically fine and have run multiple 5ks over the time with no issues.

No overseas travel or known contact with Covid19. I drove to work until the WFH started.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back