AFLW Have any men bought an AFLW guernsey?

Remove this Banner Ad

scarecrow2k1

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey all. I'm thinking of getting the indigenous or pride guernsey. Have any men bought an AFLW guernsey in the past? If so, how do they fit? What size did you get in relation to buying a men's guernsey?

TigermanM2

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey all. I'm thinking of getting the indigenous or pride guernsey. Have any men bought an AFLW guernsey in the past? If so, how do they fit? What size did you get in relation to buying a men's guernsey?

You might want to check if the cut of the guernsey is made for women.

I've purchased one for display purposes, not to wear.

lordbeecee

Draftee
Sep 15, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey, I know I'm late to the party, but I just emailed the AFL store with the same question... here's how they responded:

Thanks for your enquiry.

Unfortunately the AFLW guernseys are manufactured only in women's sizing. The female cut would probably not fit a male. They are actually styled and made to fit a woman's body shape.

It is unlikely that our suppliers would manufacture the women's guernsey to fit a male, there would not be enough call for them by the general public.

I am sorry to disappoint,

Kind regards,

The AFL Store

Bojangles17

Hall of Famer
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey, I know I'm late to the party, but I just emailed the AFL store with the same question... here's how they responded:

Thanks for your enquiry.

Unfortunately the AFLW guernseys are manufactured only in women's sizing. The female cut would probably not fit a male. They are actually styled and made to fit a woman's body shape.

It is unlikely that our suppliers would manufacture the women's guernsey to fit a male, there would not be enough call for them by the general public.

Kind regards,

The AFL Store
Makes sense

Phar Ace

Premium Platinum
Feb 9, 2017
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Bullets, Firebirds

Thanks for your enquiry.

Kind regards,

The AFL Store
A lot of very different shaped women though, just as there is a lot of different shaped men. Probably want to try one on though.....

Remove this Banner Ad