Have any of you insider folk got any idea of what is the reason we don’t even try and play a key forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Summed up in the title, but surely one of them would be worth a shot? Or, why we are getting flogged regardless, it would be good to see Sicily go forward, if to at least honour the repeat entries at least once.

Summed up in the title, but surely one of them would be worth a shot? Or, why we are getting flogged regardless, it would be good to see Sicily go forward, if to at least honour the repeat entries at least once.
We're loyal to Roughy.
If not him, then nobody.

It's because we only draft 191cm slightly built HBFs that are "nice" kicks...

If we did draft a KPF, he'd be playing off half back in no time.

Patton played the scratch match today, as did Lewis and jeka. Surely playing at AFL level would help the latter two grow. Can’t see what there is to lose in this situation. I know they are often sent back to work on systems and various other things, but now is the opportunity to do it in real simulation

The kpf we have aren’t very good or at least in awful form to the point we’d rather do without 🤷‍♂️

The kpf we have aren’t very good or at least in awful form to the point we’d rather do without 🤷‍♂️
Lewis was very good this time last year. If he got half of that output back, it would be pretty helpful. Even just for the sake of creating a structure to bomb it long to—now Puopolo is not playing.

Jeka sounds like he could be an good 2-3 option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis was very good this time last year. If he got half of that output back, it would be pretty helpful. Even just for the sake of creating a structure to bomb it long to—now Puopolo is not playing.

Jeka sounds like he could be an good 2-3 option.
He wasn’t making a contest earlier in the season when he was playing. I’m sure he will be back at some point.

We don't have any.

Seriously, we are talking about Patton and a first year rookie listed tall as part of our solution :(

That said, Lewis should be the only option when fit we persist with this year. Let's see if he can show what he did last year.

Appreciate he is being asked to play kpf, and he is doing it better than anything on our list, but really he is better suited to third tall where he might get the ball on a lead or one on one v a shorter opponent.
Another example of a bloke not being played to his strengths because we've got no one else to fit that role right now

He plays the sacrifice so Gunston can play his game. It is going to happen in any football team and shows his resilience to keep at it.
Oh I get he's doing the team thing and it's good he's doing it and keeps doing it and doesn't drop his head.

More meant if we had someone who could play that role more effectively, a bigger body who could do more damage at the same time it would be better

Of course we don't currently so we are working with what we have

Are gloves illegal now? - I'd be intrigued to see if it made a difference to Almost O'Brien. I still feel like he plays like someone who has bad eyesight, so his timing is slightly off!

Lewis is shaping up to be more of a one-hit wonder than ChumbaWumba... but I hope he can turn it around, because I did like how he went about it when he's in form, bit of swagger, clean hands, nice kick.

Injuries haven't helped when we haven't been able to get the Talls out there. Not even sure our forward line has been the same twice all season so far?

Oh I get he's doing the team thing and it's good he's doing it and keeps doing it and doesn't drop his head.

More meant if we had someone who could play that role more effectively, a bigger body who could do more damage at the same time it would be better

Of course we don't currently so we are working with what we have
He might not drop his head but he drops everything else.

The way we play, we should just throw Ceglar down as a full forward when he gets back. We seem to bomb it in anyway, just plonk him 25-30 out from goal, bomb it to him, and let him take a few standing marks. Or Reeves, as long as he can mark and kick straight, surely give him a whirl

He plays the sacrifice so Gunston can play his game. It is going to happen in any football team and shows his resilience to keep at it.
Mate. He’s been in the system for 6-7 years. He’s 193cm, has a great leap and kick but just hasn’t taken that next step to dominate games. I don’t buy that sacrifice stuff. He should be smashing the packs and imposing himself on games. And at 26 he should be hitting his prime. Sorry but I’ve lost patience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back