Have Geelong and Richmond destroyed the SA clubs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that you Virat Kholi …. ???Always the victim
Hypocrite.
Shadow89 is a well respected poster mate, both on our board and opposition boards. You're fighting a losing battle if you're trying to play that card.

He's objective, polite and respectful. He’s not playing the victim, he’s just acknowledging what the behaviour is: blatant trolling over a prolonged period of time.

It's fine on Bay 13, but the MB should be for proper discussion. Leave it there.

Last edited:
Dunno how I got brought back here, but, Meteoric Rise already acknowledged both my concern with the ongoing trolling, and their reasoning behind it. I liked their post, understood/agreed with their position and moved on.

In my first post on this thread, I called out the Cats poster for posting ridiculous BS that didn't belong on the main board - so can't see how that makes me a 'hypocrite'?

In any case, rehashing old news by bringing up a situation that has both been resolved and has nothing to do with you BruceTempany14 , is both pointless and seeks to derail the thread again. Calling me names and personally going at me for no reason when you're not even involved and don't understand the context of the original discussion, is also pointless.

I could report you, but I'm going to just ask politely that you leave this as something between me and Meteoric Rise - that has been resolved - and stay out of something that does not involve you in any way, shape or form. I'm not sure why they liked your comment having a go at me given I thought we were on the same page, but I honestly really don't care as that's their prerogative, and a lot of Richmond/Geelong supporters on here seem to just flat out hate each other in tribal fashion these days - so it is what it is.

If you continue on with this line of discussion, I'll just report you as this thread has already been derailed enough in the past - and I left ages ago and don't wish to be involved when the matter has been resolved. I've also ignored you given the tone of your posting and your avatar sig stating how you 'love Geelong salt' - so I'm not going to feed this discussion any further.

As you all were.

Last edited:
Dunno how I got brought back here, but, Meteoric Rise already acknowledged both my concern with the ongoing trolling, and their reasoning behind it. I liked their post, understood/agreed with their position and moved on.

In my first post on this thread, I called out the Cats poster for posting ridiculous BS that didn't belong on the main board - so can't see how that makes me a 'hypocrite'?

In any case, rehashing old news by bringing up a situation that has both been resolved and has nothing to do with you BruceTempany14 , is both pointless and seeks to derail the thread again. Calling me names and personally going at me for no reason when you're not even involved and don't understand the context of the original discussion, is also pointless.

I could report you, but I'm going to just ask politely that you leave this as something between me and Meteoric Rise - that has been resolved - and stay out of something that does not involve you in any way, shape or form. I'm not sure why they liked your comment having a go at me given I thought we were on the same page, but I honestly really don't care as that's their prerogative, and a lot of Richmond/Geelong supporters on here seem to just flat out hate each other in tribal fashion these days - so it is what it is.

If you continue on with this line of discussion, I'll just report you as this thread has already been derailed enough in the past - and I left ages ago and don't wish to be involved when the matter has been resolved. I've also ignored you given the tone of your posting and your avatar sig stating how you 'love Geelong salt' - so I'm not going to feed this discussion any further.

As you all were.

I liked BruceTempany14 ’s post because I want to encourage our supporters to fire back at Cats’ supporters on this board, it is not directed personally to you. You need to have a thick skin sometimes on here. You can’t wish away animosity between football clubs and their supporters. Fortunately the worst we normally see in this country these days is a bit of argy bargy on here. It is not life and death, as disappointing as it can be at times when genuine discussion derailed by parochial posts. Describing me as a troll(even if not in so many words) is probably a bit rich, but plenty of people on here do, mostly supporters of your club or others in sympathy with them. They are entitled to their view, but I am entitled to question that view, including by liking the posts of others who question it.

I know you can be a bit fragile about it all and that is fine, that is why I respected your original request, even if I thought it was a bit surprising you chose me to target with it when there must surely be dozens of worse trolls around here than me. I am happy to engage in earnest conversation with anybody about any subject, all you need to do is open a reasonable dialogue and I will engage with you if I have any thoughts on the matter.

Shadow89 is a well respected poster mate, both on our board and opposition boards. You're fighting a losing battle if you're trying to play that card.

He's objective, polite and respectful. He’s not playing the victim, he’s just acknowledging what the behaviour is: blatant trolling over a prolonged period of time.

It's fine on Bay 13, but the MB should be for proper discussion. Leave it th

It's fine on Bay 13, but the MB should be for proper discussion. Leave it there.

Thanks mate.

It staggers me the defense that having an opinion ,and my reaction to a hyperbolic post full of polysyllabic putdowns, to be considered trolling ? I think a genuine case of resilience training required. Its funny, when the Tiges were crapola their was no worries with you guys.

I know Meteoric Rise to be an objective, polite and respectful poster. An absolute legend amongst Tiger supporters and someone we all admire.

I don't come on the MB much as a result of some Cats and Swans supporters. Its really dangerous at times for my mental health. If you don't want push back on ill thought posts , then don't post them in the first place. You Geelong people have got to realise that if you give it it you've got to take it and that you dont own this board.

I Shadow89 is a well respected poster mate, both on our board and opposition boards. You're fighting a losing battle if you're trying to play that card.

Thanks mate.

It staggers me the defense that having an opinion ,and my reaction to a hyperbolic post full of polysyllabic putdowns, to be considered trolling ? I think a genuine case of resilience training required. Its funny, when the Tiges were crapola their was no worries with you guys.

I know Meteoric Rise to be an objective, polite and respectful poster. An absolute legend amongst Tiger supporters and someone we all admire.

I don't come on the MB much as a result of some Cats and Swans supporters. Its really dangerous at times for my mental health. If you don't want push back on ill thought posts , then don't post them in the first place. You Geelong people have got to realise that if you give it it you've got to take it and that you dont own this board.

I Shadow89 is a well respected poster mate, both on our board and opposition boards. You're fighting a losing battle if you're trying to play that card.
Come on mate, that's a childish way to look at things and I think you know that deep down.

I wasn't around for those days but I'll take you at your word. It probably was tough and I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

However, this whole "He did it first" mentality is one of the major issues of any category of bullying, trolling, etc....who cares who started it? Just take a stand and be better than the other guy.

There's ********* in every supporter base. Always has been, always will be. Just do what you enjoy and don't let it get to you too much. Just enjoy footy for what it is....a game. This whole **** measuring contest between adult men of Geelong and Richmond is just sad when you take a step back and get some perspective.

I liked BruceTempany14 ’s post because I want to encourage our supporters to fire back at Cats’ supporters on this board, it is not directed personally to you. You need to have a thick skin sometimes on here. You can’t wish away animosity between football clubs and their supporters. Fortunately the worst we normally see in this country these days is a bit of argy bargy on here. It is not life and death, as disappointing as it can be at times when genuine discussion derailed by parochial posts. Describing me as a troll(even if not in so many words) is probably a bit rich, but plenty of people on here do, mostly supporters of your club or others in sympathy with them. They are entitled to their view, but I am entitled to question that view, including by liking the posts of others who question it.

I know you can be a bit fragile about it all and that is fine, that is why I respected your original request, even if I thought it was a bit surprising you chose me to target with it when there must surely be dozens of worse trolls around here than me. I am happy to engage in earnest conversation with anybody about any subject, all you need to do is open a reasonable dialogue and I will engage with you if I have any thoughts on the matter.

1. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, because I genuinely thought you had an interest in ending the trolling/baiting in this particular thread. Turns out it was all just an exercise in oneupsmansip, because I'm 'oh so fragile' and need 'resilience training' - as you and your new little partner in crime in here have put it.

Did you ever think that the vast majority of people are just tired of it? You want to encourage Tigers supporters to go back at Cats supporters...and for what? To satisfy some moralizing tribalist point of view that you're better than us as supporters/as a club? Did you notice that since you stopped trolling, the thread has pretty much died - because it was basically a troll thread in the first place started by a a Cats supporter that never posts on our board, who I shut down in my first post on the thread? Not to mention calling out both Geelong and Richmond posters in my follow up post - rather than just singling out one or the other. If you're so learned, why don't you actually put that to good use and stop trying to take the piss out of everything/everyone. You say it's disappointing that genuine discussion gets derailed by parochial posts, but then you derail it with a parochial post - doesn't make much sense to me.

2. Calling me fragile, or anyone else for that matter, because they don't wish to tolerate another round of 'who is better, Geelong or Richmond', is a bit rich. Mate if you had any idea what I'd been through in the past year and what/who I've lost, I doubt you'd call me fragile. But, you don't know me, so you make your little pot shots from behind a screen, and you pat yourself on the back for a job well done - because we all just need to drink a glass of concrete, harden the f*ck up, and not be so 'fragile' - in your words.

Perhaps, just perhaps, I was trying for a situation where Geelong and Richmond supporters could actually reach an impasse with all this nonsense. Alas, you and your ilk are too far down the tribal path to respect anything I say, because of your blind disdain for my club or anyone like me that happens to support them. If that's the path you wish to continue down because you can't leave childish tribalism at the door, then fine. Let's all just keep trolling each other, and having a go at each other because of who we support - because that's been working oh so well on here these last few years hasn't it? :rolleyes:

To BruceTempany14 who revived this whole thing when it was dead in the water, your new tagline of 'calling out Geelong supporters', really isn't helping your case in seeming objective at all. If you think it's an ill-thought post to tell someone to stop trolling on this particular board because of what happened on this board unprovoked - then perhaps you need to re-examine your perspective. Little wars on other boards should not find their way on to new ones, just because of some ill-thought out moral justification complex.

Also, if the main board is so bad for your mental health, maybe don't make it your personal mission to push back at a supporter base, and instead try to be objective and reasoned - no matter who someone supports. Do you think about what you're doing to me when you dig up sh*t for no reason at all? Maybe you should care about how you affect other people's mental health when you go at them unprovoked, rather than just caring about how others affect you? Maybe then the main board would be a better place for both of us - and others too.

That's it I'm done. I left this thread weeks ago, but was dragged back in here, provoked, and insulted - for literally no reason at all but to satisfy yourselves and your egos.

Not bothering anymore, and just ignoring the both of you - so don't tag or respond to me again - it's bad for my mental health.

See ya

Last edited:
Certainly put them on the back foot. Like GWS a few years back. Losing any grand final is devastating, getting smacked is worse. Both have good team cultures so I am sure they can put disappointments behind them. Look at Collingwood, they have lost 27 Grand Finals and keep getting up off the canvas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, because I genuinely thought you had an interest in ending the trolling/baiting in this particular thread. Turns out it was all just an exercise in oneupsmansip, because I'm 'oh so fragile' and need 'resilience training' - as you and your new little partner in crime in here have put it.

Did you ever think that the vast majority of people are just tired of it? You want to encourage Tigers supporters to go back at Cats supporters...and for what? To satisfy some moralizing tribalist point of view that you're better than us as supporters/as a club? Did you notice that since you stopped trolling, the thread has pretty much died - because it was basically a troll thread in the first place started by a a Cats supporter that never posts on our board, who I shut down in my first post on the thread? Not to mention calling out both Geelong and Richmond posters in my follow up post - rather than just singling out one or the other. If you're so learned, why don't you actually put that to good use and stop trying to take the piss out of everything/everyone. You say it's disappointing that genuine discussion gets derailed by parochial posts, but then you derail it with a parochial post - doesn't make much sense to me.

2. Calling me fragile, or anyone else for that matter, because they don't wish to tolerate another round of 'who is better, Geelong or Richmond', is a bit rich. Mate if you had any idea what I'd been through in the past year and what/who I've lost, I doubt you'd call me fragile. But, you don't know me, so you make your little pot shots from behind a screen, and you pat yourself on the back for a job well done - because we all just need to drink a glass of concrete, harden the f*ck up, and not be so 'fragile' - in your words.

Perhaps, just perhaps, I was trying for a situation where Geelong and Richmond supporters could actually reach an impasse with all this nonsense. Alas, you and your ilk are too far down the tribal path to respect anything I say, because of your blind disdain for my club or anyone like me that happens to support them. If that's the path you wish to continue down because you can't leave childish tribalism at the door, then fine. Let's all just keep trolling each other, and having a go at each other because of who we support - because that's been working oh so well on here these last few years hasn't it? :rolleyes:

To BruceTempany14 who revived this whole thing when it was dead in the water, your new tagline of 'calling out Geelong supporters', really isn't helping your case in seeming objective at all. If you think it's an ill-thought post to tell someone to stop trolling on this particular board because of what happened on this board unprovoked - then perhaps you need to re-examine your perspective. Little wars on other boards should not find their way on to new ones, just because of some ill-thought out moral justification complex.

Also, if the main board is so bad for your mental health, maybe don't make it your personal mission to push back at a supporter base, and instead try to be objective and reasoned - no matter who someone supports. Do you think about what you're doing to me when you dig up sh*t for no reason at all? Maybe you should care about how you affect other people's mental health when you go at them unprovoked, rather than just caring about how others affect you? Maybe then the main board would be a better place for both of us - and others too.

That's it I'm done. I left this thread weeks ago, but was dragged back in here, provoked, and insulted - for literally no reason at all but to satisfy yourselves and your egos.

Not bothering anymore, and just ignoring the both of you - so don't tag or respond to me again - it's bad for my mental health.

See ya

Look after yourself mate.

Is that a good or bad thing, usually coaches get sacked when they lose games they shouldn't?
Ken wasn't sacked after the 2021 preliminary final, a game Port should have won.

Also, sure Richmond destroyed us in 2017 but we're back on track now after undertaking a scorched Earth rebuild.

Looking like a Crows/Power grand final this year. The loser will self destruct

Geelong supporters really care about this too, but if you read their posts on this site you would know they don’t care at all about the 3-0 finals wins we had over them since. 🤣
I think you severely over-exaggerate how much Geelong care about Richmond in general. After you & Hawthorn enjoy your considerable stay down the bottom, if you ever played each other in a GF I’d be barracking for you guys no doubt..

I think you severely over-exaggerate how much Geelong care about Richmond in general. After you & Hawthorn enjoy your considerable stay down the bottom, if you ever played each other in a GF I’d be barracking for you guys no doubt..

It stems from that early 2007 season defeat.
As soon as they beat us in the 2017 QF, their fans were very hostile and reverted to bagging the club and it's past players.
It's any wonder there are some Geelong supporters who enjoy giving it back to them at the moment.

Never seen a supporter base care so much about not caring about something. It's like you all get up out of bed every morning and your main aim for the day is to not care about Richmond. Those 3 finals losses must have hit you all pretty hard I guess. :)

As a neutral in this I can confirm that it appears you both very much care about each other despite your protests.

It’s quite amusing as with us and Carlton we both hate each other and make no bones about it. Not sure why in this rivalry both seem determined to “win” the rivalry by claiming it’s only the other side that cares. Own your rivalry and enjoy it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back