Have Geelong become too powerful?

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s very commendable but for approx 130 of those years there were 12 or less teams in the league so it would be hard to finish lower than 12th
Which of the traditional clubs have finished lower than 12th most often since there have been more than 12 teams?

My educated guess would be either Carlton or Richmond?

Last edited:

That’s very commendable but for approx 130 of those years there were 12 or less teams in the league so it would be hard to finish lower than 12th
Still doesn't make it any less true

Still doesn't make it any less true

And for the majority of those years it’s not the huge achievement you’re making it out to be. You could have finished last every year and still not be lower than 12th.

I agree it’s a fair achievement since the comp expanded in 1987 and beyond.

Best Geelong can hope for is to be liked, never going to be respected in my lifetime. Best way to be liked is to gtf back where you belong near the bottom and middle of the ladder, your natural habitat. 😁
Feeling is mutual, or should I say I respect and like Richmond FC, but detest some of its supporters like you, your aliases and friends. Can’t see this changing until Richmond is irrelevant again and normality returns, which might only be a heart beat away.

Culture isn't limited to just that. Although I've never heard of a city lifestyle change.

Geelong has a club built within their very own regional city. Where 95% are Geelong supporters. How could a player not be inspired by that environment?
City clubs are fighting with either several other clubs, or rugby ground, or trying to establish a new club within an existing diverse following.
Even West Coast don't have a small city and 95% supporter base.
Good on Geelong.
So your argument is living in a city with 95 percent of people supporting your club somehow gives you an advantage?

um why?

and why does it have the opposite effect on the gold coast? And doesnt work for brisbane either? Nor sydney when they were a one club town. Nor adelaide really either. Hasnt dont much for freemantle.

you guys really are fishing for any point of difference and then trying to make out that its a massive unfair advantage based off nothing. Personally i would of gone with blue and white stripes give the players magical super powers. This is just plain unfair.

So your argument is living in a city with 95 percent of people supporting your club somehow gives you an advantage?

um why?

and why does it have the opposite effect on the gold coast? And doesnt work for brisbane either? Nor sydney when they were a one club town. Nor adelaide really either. Hasnt dont much for freemantle.

you guys really are fishing for any point of difference and then trying to make out that its a massive unfair advantage based off nothing. Personally i would of gone with blue and white stripes give the players magical super powers. This is just plain unfair.
I've already answered these questions. Keep up.

The Geelong Football Club getting free goodies from the AFL (Picks and Rule changes) seems to be all part of larger issue of the pork barrelling going on with the two current State and federal Governments like handing Geelong the Comm games,
The Spirt of Tasmanias new home

I dont know whats going on but looks like the rich Aholes who live in Portsea are expanding their little exclusive hideaway across the bay to Geelong. Cant wait till all the Cats bogans on this Forum lose their Moe by the sea.
Where does one begin with this load of garbage? Richmond got the free injection clinic. Did you hear any of us complain about Richmond being favoured over other locations?🥴

Seriously. The Commonwealth Games in 2026 are supposed to be the ‘Regional’ games. I am not even sure why Melbourne gets a look in this time. Ballarat, Shepparton, the Latrobe Valley and Bendigo are sharing the Commonwealth Games. Ballarat is having millions poured into Eureka Stadium. Why don’t I hear you complaining about that.

And you raise the Spirit of Tasmania, a decision by a private company described by all stakeholders as a no brainer. But that’s got nothing to do with football

Why has the Commonwealth games turned into the Regional games? lol oh thats right, so Fed & State Labor can throw tons of money at Geelong.....and some chump change included to the other towns you mentioned
But what’s that got to do with the football club. For the best part of a century Melbourne has been the sole focus of governments. Covid has seen people looking for sea and tree changes to regional Victoria and governments are supporting this

The other thing is that regionalising the Games is being trialled to prolong its life. Other countries are looking at the idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why has the Commonwealth games turned into the Regional games? lol oh thats right, so Fed & State Labor can throw tons of money at Geelong.....and some chump change included to the other towns you mentioned
Take it up with the government funding for the commonwealth games , has nothing to do with football

Melbourne wasn't good enough to host the Comm Games, so they went with the pride of Victoria aka Geelong. You clowns have been patting yourselves on the back for so long you failed to realise that you've been surpassed. Again this is probably us at only 15% of our true power level, so the gap is only going to continue widening. Buckle up!

Everything is a conspiracy
To the modern loser-mindset Richmond supporter it is at least. Couldn't have scripted a better end to their year than some ARC drama - of all the supporter bases they were the one who'd provide the most laughs.

I don't think I could've imagined a better played out season than 2022, from Selwood going out on top with universal adulation, the Hawks flailing, and then the Tiggies having a self-inflicted mental collapse - it's nirvana.

Thats where Geelongs very own Steve Hocking at AFL House steps in and directly changes nearly a dozen rules that suited Geelong, Remember where the Cats were in 2018? barely in the finals, thats when you should have started a rebuild if the AFL wasnt corrupt but little Stevey saved the day.
Another Richmond Trump supporter

Thats where Geelongs very own Steve Hocking at AFL House steps in and directly changes nearly a dozen rules that suited Geelong, Remember where the Cats were in 2018? barely in the finals, thats when you should have started a rebuild if the AFL wasnt corrupt but little Stevey saved the day.
bitter party of 1.

Your requested table by the Conspiracy window is ready.

FFS the s**t the gets posted these days not in the Bay is unreal.

But please... carry on whatever makes you feel better.

GO Catters

How many goals did those rules kick in 2019? Did those rules have a lot of running bounces that season?
What was their one-percenter count?

Did the rules in 2019 have as big an impact as the rules that were introduced in 2017 and took Richmond from d***cheese to Camembert in the space of one year?

I think the 2017 rule changes were an even more important recruit for Richmond than any of Martin, Cotchin or Riewoldt.

Well done 2017 rule changes. Great dynasty.

Hey you guys were dickcheese in 2018, the rule changes got you to 3 PFs and 2 GFs in the next 5yrs, who do you think the rules helped most? You were gone in 2018 so STFU
Inside-Geelongs-celebrations-after-their-2022-AFL-Grand-Final-triumph.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back