Have Geelong become too powerful?

Remove this Banner Ad

Needed little Stevey Hockings help to finally win you your token Premiership that no one watched, pathetic
eb0920d456e71dcf10f721d022dad005

Thats where Geelongs very own Steve Hocking at AFL House steps in and directly changes nearly a dozen rules that suited Geelong, Remember where the Cats were in 2018? barely in the finals, thats when you should have started a rebuild if the AFL wasnt corrupt but little Stevey saved the day.
Keep embarrassing yourself with inane conspiracy posts

Hey you guys were dickcheese in 2018, the rule changes got you to 3 PFs and 2 GFs in the next 5yrs, who do you think the rules helped most? You were gone in 2018 so STFU

As opposed to the 3 PFs, one flag and another top 4 finish in the 6 years before that. No obviously things changed heaps just because of one lot of rule changes.

And we are categorically - as the one team who’s results have been more or less steady over the last 12 seasons - the team who has benefited most from rule changes. The other sides who have all fluctuated from top to bottom, bottom to top: they haven’t benefitted at all from any rule changes. It’s only the team who’s pretty much been ever-present in the top four who have ‘suddenly’ started to succeed through rule changes 🤣😂😂

That 10yr run from 2007 to 2017 was over buddy, you were done, a spent force by 2018, little Stevey.H knew it and helped you out with rule changes that suited your game, just admit it lol.

*that 37 year run of 1980 to 2017 was over buddy, you were done, a spent force at finding new ways to be s**t and little Stevey H knew it and helped you out with rule changes that suited the few positives in your game.

That 10yr run from 2007 to 2017 was over buddy, you were done, a spent force by 2018, little Stevey.H knew it and helped you out with rule changes that suited your game, just admit it lol.
2007-2022 - the Joel Selwood era.

2efd984687a4bfb3c77bec5c14590378

Oh yeah, and little Richmond did some things as a tidy footnote, but who cares? :grinv1:

It's different these days. Back in the day rich powerful clubs could do it. Nowadays it's equalised.
Any club can still build a strong culture, but it will only last a short time.
Geelong can maintain it. And have.
No other club has the lifestyle/cultural advantage they have to draw on.
For me the only comparison would be a Newcastle side but they’d need 50 years to even break into rugby league culture first. 2 hours from Sydney and all.

Yep. Absolutely nothing to do with bringing in Isaac Smith, Jeremy Cameron, Tyson Stengle, Sam de Koning, and Max Holmes, and the improvement in the likes of Close, Zac Guthrie, Blicavs and Tommy Atkins.

Of course if Tigers happen to win a final in 2023 it will be put down to astute coaching and recruiting.

How did Stevey.H have anything to do with the chaos ball gamestyle that won us 3 premierships? that you guys finally implemented/copied this year and won yourself a Premiership.

He made rule changes between 2016 when you were 13th, and 2017 when you won the comp.

As opposed to the hugely influential rule changes that took us from 8th to 4th in 2019, and further changes which helped us go ‘up’ from 2nd to 4th in 2021.

No no but it’s only Geelong that ‘benefit’ from rule changes right? 😂😂😂

At least Meteoric Rise has the level of brainpower required to troll properly whereby he can incorporate facts and figures into his ‘reasoning.’

How did Stevey.H have anything to do with the chaos ball gamestyle that won us 3 premierships? that you guys finally implemented/copied this year and won yourself a Premiership.
YouR CEO is on record as saying he wants Richmond to emulate Geelong by recruiting for the now

If we do win a final It certainly wont be from any help from AFL House lol

You already have.

You went from 13th in 2016 to premiers in 2017.

There were three rule changes between those seasons.

Your fellow supporters have already ‘proven’ that this is what leads to success.

Well done on your Clayton’s Premierships on the back of the AFL bandwagon.

The Geelong Football Club getting free goodies from the AFL (Picks and Rule changes) seems to be all part of larger issue of the pork barrelling going on with the two current State and federal Governments like handing Geelong the Comm games,
The Spirt of Tasmanias new home

I dont know whats going on but looks like the rich Aholes who live in Portsea are expanding their little exclusive hideaway across the bay to Geelong. Cant wait till all the Cats bogans on this Forum lose their Moe by the sea and can no longer afford to live there.
F*** me. You dont pay a single cent for your home stadium that houses 70 thousand of your fans at your home games (and even your away games too but thats a different story). Not a cent. the government only pays geelong some Of the funds for our home ground.

more signs big footy is just getting stupider.

If we do win a final It certainly wont be from any help from AFL House lol
this is so stupid i dont even know where to start.

in 2017 you got to play our home final at your home town and stadium in front of all your home fans. And at night too so many of our fans couldnt travel. To our home final. A massive afl hand out to Richmond that in the end gave you your flag. Played only non melbourne teams at your home ground in all finals on the way to your flag even though you finished 3rd And were the lowest ranked team in two of those finals.

the afl hand out was so big that there is a massive asterik over that flag. It simply never should of happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats where Geelongs very own Steve Hocking at AFL House steps in and directly changes nearly a dozen rules that suited Geelong, Remember where the Cats were in 2018? barely in the finals, thats when you should have started a rebuild if the AFL wasnt corrupt but little Stevey saved the day.
So kind of like richmond this year. Are you guys rebuilding or did you head hunt players?

the hypocrisy here is just too funny. Please keep going.

What a load of crap, whatever the rule changes happened in 2016 weren't as dramatic as 6-6-6, the Stand rule, the ruck rule, the 9 meter rule, ect... all brought in because the slow ass Cats couldn't handle running speed, and defensive pressure.

Your improvement was a lot more dramatic than ours. Suggesting the rule changes had a huge impact. Rule changes are the only thing that effect ladder position, based on what the Richmond MENSA members keep telling me.

Our improvement after the stand rule in particular was admittedly VERY dramatic. We improved so much we went from 2nd, all way to the top of the ladder and so high that we reached 4th the next season.

What a load of crap, whatever the rule changes happened in 2016 weren't as dramatic as 6-6-6, the Stand rule, the ruck rule, the 9 meter rule, ect... all brought in because the slow ass Cats couldn't handle running speed, and defensive pressure.
What’s the ruck rule? The one aka ‘the Blicavs’ rule?

Christ what a giant wank fest.
Good on Geelong.
The wheel turns.
It's the way of the world.

I am sure there was a "are the interstate teams too powerful" thread a few years ago?

this is so stupid i dont even know where to start.

in 2017 you got to play our home final at your home town and stadium in front of all your home fans. And at night too so many of our fans couldnt travel. To our home final. A massive afl hand out to Richmond that in the end gave you your flag. Played only non melbourne teams at your home ground in all finals on the way to your flag even though you finished 3rd And were the lowest ranked team in two of those finals.

the afl hand out was so big that there is a massive asterik over that flag. It simply never should of happened.

Indeed, the most significant advantage in the AFL is MCG tenants playing final‘s games at home and in particular the Grand Final (a leg up for all Victorian sides).

The influence Geelong have inside the AFL is quite corrupt.
Steven Hocking went from Geelong ,to the AFL, changed the rules, which suited Geelong , and then went straight back to Geelong with inside information.
The AFL should never have approved the Bowes scam. They let them spread the contract out over 2 more years.
That deal should have only been allowed for a bottom 4 team if any at all.
Plus the Kardinia Park rort. Every other Vic team has to play home games at docklands or the MCG.
Kardinia Park is not symetrical and gives Geelong free wins every year.

Honestly I am so sick and tired of hearing about this Hocking conspiracy theory that only Richmond supporters tend to toy with. For the record, I HATE the stand rule, and think it didn’t help Geelong or any club for that matter. And did not improve the game. But that’s my two cents. I wish the AFL got rid of of it. However clubs have just had to deal with it and adapt.

Geelong should also be applauded for having their own home ground in their own city. I wish more Vic clubs kept theirs too (Carlton had the chance to not leave PP when they did). As much as I’m not a massive NRL fan I have always loved their community vibe as they have been able to keep so many local venues.

In terms of contract spreading. Cats just played within the rules but agree that probably wasn’t the intention for a reigning premier to use it that way. That’s on the AFL not Geelong. Just good management from Geelong’s side. And a side that manage their salary cap so they have options for this kind of thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back