Have other sides caught up tactically to geelong??

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Geelong 2022 the greatest tactical side of all time?
I think part of our tactic was making positions less static, but I feel a lot of that was about Blicavs and how to use him best.

Hawkins always took ruck up forward, Blicavs always played everywhere and as a fill in ruck. So logically, if Blicavs is running around on the ball, why do we need a dedicated ruckman who is a less effective onballer doing that too?

We still needed the dedicated ruckman at centre bounces so we didn't get smashed on centre breaks against the top rucks or risk injury to Blicavs, so the tactic probably just wrote itself.

I'm a bit perplexed by other teams copying it, especially without a Blicavs. Not sure I see the advantage.

If Geelong's "tactic" of having the best forward line in the country is in fact a tactic....well done to them.

Power forwards win finals....that's why coaches love to spruik that defence wins big games....(cos in reality very few teams have great Power forwards). Geelong has the best 2-3 forwards in the comp and have just added Ollie Henry who will also be elite.

Some tactic huh?

The real question here is “Will Steven May mouth off at his team mates mid-year and give the rest of the comp another free hit with the ensuing infighting and drama?”

The real question here is “Will Steven May mouth off at his team mates mid-year and give the rest of the comp another free hit with the ensuing infighting and drama?”
Actually it is 'does Goody tell Mike Sheahan at Sorrento pub if we get no injuries we win it?'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back