Have Port gone past the Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

In the context of the teams hear and now, port are ahead because of that midfield. I think the crows have less pieces to complete to be the better team longer term but port are known for getting their targets so they could accelerate the sttengthening at either end of the ground.

I think that both sides will be mainstays in the top 8 for the remainder of the decade..but my bias here says i think we might shade them after this year in that top 8 battle.

The opportunity for port to pinch a flag is here now this season..a team that wins close games consistently is a team getting the job done
On field Port will be ahead for the forseeable future when it really counts because of their midfield.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol, we haven't looked like a bottom 4 team away.
Hi mate. It's now Round 17 and the Crows have still only won one game outside of Adelaide, against a bottom 3 team by less than a goal. Looking forward to your apology confirming how right I was and how wrong you were.

Hi mate. It's now Round 17 and the Crows have still only won one game outside of Adelaide, against a bottom 3 team by less than a goal. Looking forward to your apology confirming how right I was and how wrong you were.

Adelaide have not looked like a bottom 4 side away from home. What we have seen from the Crows is that at home, when the opposition gains momentum they’ve been able to wrestle it back consistently without too much damage. Away from home that has not been the case. With the exception of the Bulldogs and Cats games, all of Adelaide’s away losses have included extended periods of time where the Crows were the better side, however they’ve let the game slip because of an inability to halt the opposition’s momentum.

What this reflects is not a bottom 4 side, but rather a team that lacks experience and lacks a bit of maturity away from home. Which is really no surprise given their list profile. The challenge for Nicks and the club’s leadership is to fix that by the time the team is ready to contend.

Look at these numbers and tell me I’m wrong:

% away from home

West Coast 41.47%
North Melbourne 60.24%
Hawthorn 50.17%

Adelaide 80.86%

Adelaide have not looked like a bottom 4 side away from home. What we have seen from the Crows is that at home, when the opposition gains momentum they’ve been able to wrestle it back consistently without too much damage. Away from home that has not been the case. With the exception of the Bulldogs and Cats games, all of Adelaide’s away losses have included extended periods of time where the Crows were the better side, however they’ve let the game slip because of an inability to halt the opposition’s momentum.

What this reflects is not a bottom 4 side, but rather a team that lacks experience and lacks a bit of maturity away from home. Which is really no surprise given their list profile. The challenge for Nicks and the club’s leadership is to fix that by the time the team is ready to contend.

% away from home

West Coast 41.47%
North Melbourne 60.24%
Hawthorn 50.17%

Adelaide 80.86%
The only number that counts is 1 win 6 losses. This includes losses against 10th and 13th, with the only win coming by three points against 16th after being behind for most of the game.

% away from home

West Coast 41.47%
North Melbourne 60.24%
Hawthorn 50.17%

Adelaide 80.86%
So if it were round 7 and you were 1 win and 6 losses and a % of 80%, where would you be on the ladder?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The only number that counts is 1 win 6 losses. This includes losses against 10th and 13th, with the only win coming by three points against 16th after being behind for most of the game.

Yeah sure, if you remove all nuance from the discussion Adelaide are a bottom four club away from home.

But if you do any kind of actual analysis, or even just watch a game, you realise that they are a whole lot better than the actual bottom clubs are away from home, and really aren’t that far from putting it together.

Yeah sure, if you remove all nuance from the discussion Adelaide are a bottom four club away from home.

But if you do any kind of actual analysis, or even just watch a game, you realise that they are a whole lot better than the actual bottom clubs are away from home, and really aren’t that far from putting it together.
Well I'm sure when you miss out on a home final or a double chance at the end of the year because of your atrocious away record that all of this nuance will be a great comfort to you.

Well I'm sure when you miss out on a home final or a double chance at the end of the year because of your atrocious away record that all of this nuance will be a great comfort to you.

Do you really think a team with so many sub-50 and sub-100 game players has a chance to win a flag anyway?

I’m still way more concerned about where this team will be in 2025 then where it finishes between 6 and 10 this year.

So yes, the nuance is important.

The last step for emerging sides is getting better on the road, they play a good brand.

I haven't looked at their draw, but one big scalp on the road & it could really build belief toward a finals berth.

The last step for emerging sides is getting better on the road, they play a good brand.

I haven't looked at their draw, but one big scalp on the road & it could really build belief toward a finals berth.
Agreed, at the moment I think it’s purely mental away from home, which is understandable for a young and inexperienced team.

At eight wins, if we’re able to continue our current form and win all their remaining home games and beat the Eagles at Optus, then we will need to win against one of Melbourne (MCG), Brisbane (Gabba) or Port to get to 13 wins which should be enough with a healthy percentage. Personally I think we will end up on 11-12 and just miss, which I would still see as a successful season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back