Have Port gone past the Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

No, never will. they will always be Port Power. The Crows are much bigger and the oldest AFL club in the state with more success, more fans and lets face it, when the crows are up and about they run this city/state. clubs go through cycles and right now the crows are rebuilding and port are in their window. wont stay like this forever. these two clubs have real hate for each other and the fans hate each other. its not banter or light hearted fun its real hate. Crows are footy in SA
screen-shot-2019-01-15-at-8.26.48-am.png

Because the cash cow is drying up after decades of on field failures and incompetent management and now they can barely afford a new clubhouse and are struggling to find any consensus on where to put it or planning permission to do so, which is consistent with bastard birth
You and your "club" are a joke and a burden on the afl and footy in SA.. you guys are the real embarrassment. constant handouts, still only 1 flag after 26 years, failed home prelim finals, living off stolen history. So obsessed with the past that isnt even yours. In 100years time you m.0rons will still be saying "AdElAiDe CrOwS a FrAnChIsE.. nO hIsToRy" haha. almost all AFL cubs have moved to a new training base and most do not have a venue to go back to the have a meal or a social gathering. its 2023 pal, not pre 1990.. this is a professional comp. give it 3-4 years and the Adelaide crows new training base will be up and running and we will continue to be bigger than the Port Power footy club that was established back in 1995 at the Adelaide Entertainment center. Remember champ, 2023 is your year! flag or bust.. no pressure

You and your "club" are a joke and a burden on the afl and footy in SA.. you guys are the real embarrassment. constant handouts, still only 1 flag after 26 years, failed home prelim finals, living off stolen history. So obsessed with the past that isnt even yours. In 100years time you m.0rons will still be saying "AdElAiDe CrOwS a FrAnChIsE.. nO hIsToRy" haha. almost all AFL cubs have moved to a new training base and most do not have a venue to go back to the have a meal or a social gathering. its 2023 pal, not pre 1990.. this is a professional comp. give it 3-4 years and the Adelaide crows new training base will be up and running and we will continue to be bigger than the Port Power footy club that was established back in 1995 at the Adelaide Entertainment center. Remember champ, 2023 is your year! flag or bust.. no pressure

ChatGPT if its only source was Bay13.

This is dumbest thing I've ever read on here.. well done.

Since you asked for it
The crows just announced clearing their 4.5m debt this year
Crows Clear Debt
But they don’t have a home. Hardly a financial powerhouse by any stretch of the imagination.
Port have cleared 6m of their 12m debt in the last 2 seasons
Port Adelaide Football Club 2022 Financial Results
But we are about to complete a 30m upgrade to our house.
I didn’t ask for anything.

I know the financial situations of clubs, which is why I found it odd that you commented on the financial situation of Adelaide. This isn’t a dick measuring contest. You’re both in debt so don’t bring it up 🤷‍♂️.

Seek help. I can't read that BS. But you need help, urgently.

As a neutral, Port have always felt like the true South Australian football club personally. It might just be me, but they've always felt more like a proper, heart & soul footy club.

I sense that while Adelaide may dominate in number of supporters, it's in a similar vein to Sydney being the biggest football club in Australia (per a survey)

It doesn't mean they have a bigger number of rostered on footy fans, it just means if you ask your average Joe in SA who he supports, chances are he'll say the Crows, and chances are he also doesn't really follow footy.

It's the same with the Swans. A huge percentage of those 'fans' wouldn't even watch the games, but these surveys are collecting millions of people, with most of them not really footy fans, but happy enough to throw their local club into the ring if they're forced to choose one.

Anyway, bit of a tangent there. Harder for me to judge as I've never been to SA, but from what I've seen Port feel more genuine, where as the Crows have the supporters to their name. For me, it's a football club vs a South Australian franchise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Power and Crows are on level terms.

Thinking Crows have more upside.
power have the runs on the board.

Ill say its level pegging.

More like 55/35/15.

A lot of the younger generation are preferring Port Adelaide where as the Crows have a much older supporter base. Having a true home in Alberton, a deeper history is also a big asset for Port in attracting new fans. I have mates who follow Sturt and Norwood but follow Port Power for this reason.

In another 10 years I can see Port surpassing the Crows in numbers.
If Port win the next flag of the 2 and the Crows keep shooting themselves in the foot it could get interesting.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol flag or bust?

Feel free to create a poll of neutrals to see who's youth they would prefer.

As a neutral, Port have always felt like the true South Australian football club personally. It might just be me, but they've always felt more like a proper, heart & soul footy club.

I sense that while Adelaide may dominate in number of supporters, it's in a similar vein to Sydney being the biggest football club in Australia (per a survey)

It doesn't mean they have a bigger number of rostered on footy fans, it just means if you ask your average Joe in SA who he supports, chances are he'll say the Crows, and chances are he also doesn't really follow footy.

It's the same with the Swans. A huge percentage of those 'fans' wouldn't even watch the games, but these surveys are collecting millions of people, with most of them not really footy fans, but happy enough to throw their local club into the ring if they're forced to choose one.

Anyway, bit of a tangent there. Harder for me to judge as I've never been to SA, but from what I've seen Port feel more genuine, where as the Crows have the supporters to their name. For me, it's a football club vs a South Australian franchise.
Wise

Lol flag or bust?

Feel free to create a poll of neutrals to see who's youth they would prefer.

Window closing. Most other teams are progressing and you're stagnating with Hinkley in control. You'd likely have a couple of flags now if it wasn't for him. Still only 1 despite all this talent, all this promise. Shame.

Window closing. Most other teams are progressing and you're stagnating with Hinkley in control. You'd likely have a couple of flags now if it wasn't for him. Still only 1 despite all this talent, all this promise. Shame.
Even if you bemoan the fact that neither team has won a flag recently, the difference is Port have been able to bring in quality youth, while still remaining competitive.

The Crows have managed to bring in lesser talent, while also being a laughing stock.

Which path would you rather take?

So you think that the Crows currently have better young talent?

Or are you suggesting that the Crows window will be closed for even longer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back