Have the tigers rendered stats useless?

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I say all out attacking? Our game is built on defense, but when we attack, it is electric.

We average 100+ in finals, when it counts.
It's not electric. It's a bunch of try hard unco's fumbling the ball forward until one of them manages to finally pick the thing up and have a ping. It's not far off unwatchable. Wet weather football in the dry. Perfectly coached to suit the poor skill level. Club has "peaked" at a time when the competition is also weak.

It's not electric. It's a bunch of try hard unco's fumbling the ball forward until one of them manages to finally pick the thing up and have a ping. It's not far off unwatchable. Wet weather football in the dry. Perfectly coached to suit the poor skill level. Club has "peaked" at a time when the competition is also weak.
Yet unlike St Kilda's game plan during 2009-2010 it actually stood up in finals

Yet unlike St Kilda's game plan during 2009-2010 it actually stood up in finals

Our game plan stood up in finals, we just were outplayed by two excellent teams in the gf's. There are no top teams at the moment. Beating average interstate sides on your home deck in your gf's is one hell of an advantage. Playing two hot teams like 09 Geel and 10 Coll is a different proposition. All 3 sides would flog the Richmond team of today.

Our game plan stood up in finals, we just were outplayed by two excellent teams in the gf's. There are no top teams at the moment. Beating average interstate sides on your home deck in your gf's is one hell of an advantage. Playing two hot teams like 09 Geel and 10 Coll is a different proposition. All 3 sides would flog the Richmond team of today.
Lol.
Ross, hope you enjoy your media role this year.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It actually takes skill to move a ball on quickly. Average players hold the ball to long or make safe decisions by handballing it backwards or to their nearest team mates, the good players make quick decisions and move the ball on. Richmond have a licence to move it on.

If you want to watch boring footy, watch that stuff of a few years ago where the ball was kicked backward, chipped around, moved safely up the ground. No aerial contests. Kick it near to the boundary line in case you turn it over. Rolling mauls.

The top teams not just Richmond, move the ball quickly to CHF, old fashioned stuff and reminds me of Richmond of 1980. Bang it long to Cloke or Roach and let Bartlett and co. mop up the rest. In fact a bit like St.Kilda, get it in long to Loewe and Gerhig and let Milne mop up.

Lol only once did St Kilda under Ross Lyon's scored 100 in a final, Richmond would dlog that soft bunch of pretenders

Haha I get your earlier response now. You weren't p1ssed...you just have a massive chip on your shoulder.

This isn't about Freo and Ross Lyon. Not sure why you've gone on the defensive.
Damn right I have a chip on my shoulder. I love the hypocrisy in bigfooty.

People bag out Ross Lyon because his side was low scoring and defensive. Now everyone is doing it

Yet the best St.Kilda can hope for is to dodge the coronavirus.

Richmond twice disposed of Geelong on the way to their flags and also smashed a white hot Brisbane in an interstate final. Of course it was all about the GF venue.

Stats aren't useless, but stats comparing two teams are highly overrated.

A teams chance of winning is strongly correlated by how well they are successfully able to implement their own gameplan. A comparison of their own stats against their own previous successful identical gameplan stats says a lot more than comparing vs stats - discounting goal kicking accuracy.

The Geelong side of today would get smashed by the 09 version of Geelong, just like Richmond would.

No one would dispute they were incredibly good and talented sides, but you can only beat the team(s) in front of you so it's a moot point.

St Kilda really underachieved from 2004 to 2010 with the list they had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Livin in the past”.....be ba, ba ba ba ba,.....ba ba ba, ba ba ba. Na na na na na na.....
”hey Joe, Ba ba ba, ba ba ba where are you going with that gun in your hand “ ba ba,ba ba, ba......

had a flash back from 1968......anyway......Any team that has played the game in the history of the AFL would lose soundly to the current top teams. by big margins too.

Last edited:
Serious question, why in your expert opinion is the competition currently weak ?

Who are in the bunch of unco’s? A bunch would be four or five?

St Kilda really underachieved from 2004 to 2010 with the list they had.
Nah, they overachieved thanks to Lyon's strangulation game plan. Their 2009/10 grand final teams included Raph Clarke, Zac Dawson, Justin Koschitzke, Andrew McQualter, Farren Ray, Clinton Jones, Michael Gardiner and Steven King well past their best, Robert Eddy, and Brett Peake. LYON'S A GENIUS.

Nah, they overachieved thanks to Lyon's strangulation game plan. Their 2009/10 grand final teams included Raph Clarke, Zac Dawson, Justin Koschitzke, Andrew McQualter, Farren Ray, Clinton Jones, Michael Gardiner and Steven King well past their best, Robert Eddy, and Brett Peake. LYON'S A GENIUS.
Tigers landing is not authentic... get on board.. cos I have got nothing else... try me.. dude... I am loving the tease...

Yeah I don't agree. They had strong form prior to making back to back grand finals, finished top 4 several times and made Prelims in 2004/05/08.

Their list under Grant Thomas was pretty damn good with Robert Harvey, Gehrig, Aussie Jones, Aaron Hamill, Heath Black, Hayes, Goddard, Dal Santo, Luke Ball, Riewoldt, Montagna and as much as I despise him; Milne was a very good small forward.

BTW I hate St Kilda, but credit where it's due.

Their list under Grant Thomas was pretty damn good with Robert Harvey, Gehrig, Aussie Jones, Aaron Hamill, Heath Black, Hayes, Goddard, Dal Santo, Luke Ball, Riewoldt, Montagna and as much as I despise him; Milne was a very good small forward.

The first five had finished by 2008 and were replaced with mature-age list-cloggers, and St.Kilda is still paying the price for the lack of forward planning. But it was a great effort to get there in successive years with so many role players, and his sins would've been forgiven but for a quirky bounce.

The first five had finished by 2008 and were replaced with mature-age list-cloggers, and St.Kilda is still paying the price for the lack of forward planning. But it was a great effort to get there in successive years with so many role players, and his sins would've been forgiven but for a quirky bounce.

as had Grant Thomas by that stage ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back