Have there been any players who haven't shined until they got to their third club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Swanee

All Australian
Jun 23, 2009
Darwin until I can get cruising funds together.
AFL Club
Sydney
I need to win a bet! I know many players who have failed at their first club, only to become very good players at their second club. What i'm trying to find out, is there any players who have failed at their first two clubs, to then go on and be a very good player at their third club?

if Shaun Higgins goes to a strong club this trade period, and being the sort of player he is, he'll probably play some of his best football there. he's only been All Australian once, if he snags that at Geelong or the Lions and wins a flag at either then maybe him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the real pub quiz answer: Dale Kickett.

took him five clubs.

discarded by Fitzroy, the Eagles, St Kilda, and Bombers.

but is absolutely a Freo man, had his best footy there, strongest memories (suck s**t, Phil Reid), and most games (135 out of his 181 career games).

Glenn Coleman played his best footy at Footscray in the early nineties. Before that he had been at Geelong and Sydney.
Fitzroy and Sydney mate. But you are spot on, he was a very important player for the Dogs in the early 90's and played to his best level at his third club.

Pikey? Didn't win a flag till he got to us, his third club. Then he again, he did win a B&F at Fitzroy (their last ever) and was solid at Melbourne.

There's probably a case to be made that he shone brightest at his fourth club, where he played in 4 GFs and won 3 flags.

the real pub quiz answer: Dale Kickett.

took him five clubs.

discarded by Fitzroy, the Eagles, St Kilda, and Bombers.

but is absolutely a Freo man, had his best footy there, strongest memories (suck sh*t, Phil Reid), and most games (135 out of his 181 career games).
Surprised that he played 181 games, didn't feel like he was around for that long..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back