Opinion Have We Become THOSE Supporters?

Remove this Banner Ad

They hate the club.
I have 6 or so mates that follow the saints.
They won’t watch geelong play. Even if it’s the saints playing the cats.

I’ve never tried to find out why they hate us. Possibly because I really don’t like the saints so I don’t care.

I’m not sure how far it goes back to be honest. I first started noticing it in the early 90’s.
Wow you have 6 mates i am stunned lol, you are a different cat

Of course we won it, even if the Tom Hawkins non-goal was called it would still be a point and we still win. I don't understand why anyone would say St Kilda deserved 2009 - they should've kicked straight and didn't, just like we didn't in 2008 but we don't lay claims to the 2008 flag.

At the time from memory, they blamed the next goal which we scored from the centre clearance on the incorrect decision as well. So they were of the opinion that it cost them 2 goals.

They never seem to mention the bonus goal gifted to them for no real reason I could discern. Because Milburn claimed he touched the footy? That happened(s) multiple times a game.

Never again will you see an umpire gift a free goal like that in a GF again. Ludicrous decision. Can only think they had been worded up about the Hawkins decision and had to even it up somehow.

They hate the club.

I’ve never tried to find out why they hate us. Possibly because I really don’t like the saints so I don’t care.

I’m not sure how far it goes back to be honest. I first started noticing it in the early 90’s.

In 2004 our clubs were both billed as the talented young lists, the next big things. There was quite a rivalry over the next 6-7 years. Ours went on to glory and premierships, theirs was cruelled by bad luck and injury.

I fully understand why Saints supporters would have difficulty acknowledging our club's achievements.

In 2004 our clubs were both billed as the talented young lists, the next big things. There was quite a rivalry over the next 6-7 years. Ours went on to glory and premierships, theirs was cruelled by bad luck and injury.

I fully understand why Saints supporters would have difficulty acknowledging our club's achievements.
Long may it continue

At the time from memory, they blamed the next goal which we scored from the centre clearance on the incorrect decision as well. So they were of the opinion that it cost them 2 goals.

They never seem to mention the bonus goal gifted to them for no real reason I could discern. Because Milburn claimed he touched the footy? That happened(s) multiple times a game.

Never again will you see an umpire gift a free goal like that in a GF again. Ludicrous decision. Can only think they had been worded up about the Hawkins decision and had to even it up somehow.
100% this. It never gets mentioned. It evened out the Hawkins behind almost immediately.

They hate the club.

They don't really have a traditional rival. Much like North it leads to their supporters despising an opposition club, while that opposition club barely knows they exist.

As petty as some of the stuff on here can be from Hawks, Tigers etc it's actually a good thing that we're hated. It means we've actually done something that hurts an opposition fanbase (e.g winning). Clubs like North, St Kilda and the Dogs just get pity, or referred to as everyone's second favourite team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back