Opinion Have we clicked?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I'm still waiting for this to be confirmed. Keep seeing signs of it in the horizon but is 2018 a series of false dawns and 2019 will be the year?

Could the west coast game be the moment? Time will tell.

I'm still waiting for this to be confirmed. Keep seeing signs of it in the horizon but is 2018 a series of false dawns and 2019 will be the year?

Don’t be bumping this thread with finals just around the corner! Jesus Crimson Azure do you even Melbourne?

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

Don’t know if this will be the year, but I can tell you this; We’ve now started to compile a list and attitude that I believe will take us deep into the finals. Goodwin is absolutely doggard in his belief our style stacks up, and credit to him, he has backed it in with us now finishing 5th. Yes we probably ‘should have’ finished 1st, but that’s not about how we play, it’s about experience and confidence.

When some of these kids hit 100-150 games and we can polish off our list with what we need, this club is going to unbeatable. If things carry on this way, we will win 2 flags in the next 4-5 years.

degustation

Senior List
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I believe it’ll be a huge hurdle this year, I’d not want to get Richmond in a semi final. I think the Hawks May have our measure as well, but we can smash Geelong by 60+ if we turn up. Whether we do is yet to be seen. I’d be confident against Collingwood or WC in a PF.
Gotta play Richmond eventually, might as well get them as early as possible IMO. Especially if Clarkson gives Goody the roadmap on how to beat them.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gotta play Richmond eventually, might as well get them as early as possible IMO. Especially if Clarkson gives Goody the roadmap on how to beat them.
True. Just can’t see the Tigers losing two in a row. With due respect to them, just think they’re far too good. Tough either way whether it’s Hawthorn or Richmond. Reckon Pies or Eagles May bounce out in straight sets if they run into a fit Swans.

degustation

Senior List
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tigers are starting to look more vulnerable - ignoring the GC result, their last three finishes at the MCG are 3, 8, and 3 point wins against Geelong, Essendon, and the Bulldogs respectively. Three decent but not world beating sides. Not saying we're that far above them, but the better teams can certainly knock off Richmond.

Tigers are starting to look more vulnerable - ignoring the GC result, their last three finishes at the MCG are 3, 8, and 3 point wins against Geelong, Essendon, and the Bulldogs respectively. Three decent but not world beating sides. Not saying we're that far above them, but the better teams can certainly knock off Richmond.
Would argue they're holding something back atm. And Dusty is creeping.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
I believe it’ll be a huge hurdle this year, I’d not want to get Richmond in a semi final. I think the Hawks May have our measure as well, but we can smash Geelong by 60+ if we turn up. Whether we do is yet to be seen. I’d be confident against Collingwood or WC in a PF.

I dont think it will be a question of wheather Melb "Turn up" to games anymore.
(Over the last 6 weeks)
Were putting together some really consistent, hard, high intensity footy into the run to finals.

Not assuming anything, but say we beat the cats on friday night, gain confidence from the experience.

Hawthorne/Richmond could prove to be a formidable task, u know considering how they deconstructed us during the H&A

Back