FTA-TV Have You Been Paying Attention?

Remove this Banner Ad

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
People who have been to tapings could probably confirm this but I believe a lot of stuff is trimmed for the broadcast, so it's possible that 3 or 4 people struggled and gave unfunny answers that were later edited out, before she "spared them". And she may have ruined the TV magic by saying that at the start of her answer.

At least I'm hoping so, otherwise she's just got no idea how the show works.
Yeah I figured that would be the case, but it still bugged me, because she always does it.

At least Ed tries to disguise his desire to be the smartest guy in the room by adding a joke on the end of his correct answer.

Also, I didn't mind Ivan on previous episodes, but he's a horrible stand in for Sam. #bringbackdilruk

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
When the sports segment is introduced and they show the funny footage, does anybody know whether the final piece they always show, the plump guy jumping off a small trampoline with a basketball and slumping into the mat, is available on YouTube?

I was watching the second part of the DAAS doco, Tick F**king Tock, last night and though it would be interesting to see Paul McDermott on this show.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
During production of the DVD-release for Boytown in 2007, Molloy and Martin had a dispute over the proposed extra content for the DVD which caused their rift.
A 10+ year spat over a content dispute for a DVD release? not even a cinema release? Sounds petty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
A 10+ year spat over a content dispute for a DVD release? not even a cinema release? Sounds petty.
As the article above states, it was a 90 minute mockumentary, not an insignificant amount of work, and something he was very proud of. And the rumour is it was ditched because it was funnier than the film itself. Which is a kick in the teeth for someone you consider a friend.

That said, I still like both guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back