FTA-TV Have You Been Paying Attention?

Remove this Banner Ad

Andy is tolerable as long as he doesn't try to make any jokes whatsoever, as they are all deplorable. Not to mention that dirty laugh of his that is replusive

Unfortunately, humour is kind of a thing on Front Bar

So, not that it’s the thread for it, to be clear. Sam is the laughs and Andy is the show runner. When one (or both of them) is missing, front bar is a slog. When I say they carry the show that’s what I mean, it’s hardly some ringing endorsement of Andy Maher as a brilliant comedian, they just have a format that works well with those two that battles without them. Much the same as HYBPA struggles when Ed or Sam or Tom are missing.

Exactly.

Tom is the show runner on HYPBA but he's actually funny

Andy is the nerd invited to sit at the cool kids table so they can take advantage of him and have him do their homework.

He can't banter, he can't give it back to other hosts beyond saying 'yeah righto!', his moving the show along feels quite forced, he also has to do the betting promos, which is a moral objection of mine.

I agree he has a role within the panel, but to say he's the key to the show is madness.

So, not that it’s the thread for it, to be clear. Sam is the laughs and Andy is the show runner. When one (or both of them) is missing, front bar is a slog. When I say they carry the show that’s what I mean, it’s hardly some ringing endorsement of Andy Maher as a brilliant comedian, they just have a format that works well with those two that battles without them. Much the same as HYBPA struggles when Ed or Sam or Tom are missing.

Well here is a first I actually lasted a whole episode with Mick lol. Have to say Andy does his role well, I have more of an issue him hosting the womens cricket and actually thinking he knows cricket than him hosting this show, that is what it is. He is the lead.

Andy is the nerd invited to sit at the cool kids table so they can take advantage of him and have him do their homework.

He can't banter, he can't give it back to other hosts beyond saying 'yeah righto!', his moving the show along feels quite forced, he also has to do the betting promos, which is a moral objection of mine.

I agree he has a role within the panel, but to say he's the key to the show is madness.
I don't ever watch the show, but can easily imagine Andy awkwardly saying "Yeah righto" before making a forced segue into the next topic. It made me chuckle just thinking of it now. Maybe I should give the show a chance.

I used to like 'the fifth quarter' with Andy Maher and David Schwarz, he wasn't bad in that format.

He isn't 'bad' on front bar, I just really find the idea of him being the glue holding everything together as madness.

I used to like 'the fifth quarter' with Andy Maher and David Schwarz, he wasn't bad in that format.

He isn't 'bad' on front bar, I just really find the idea of him being the glue holding everything together as madness.
You ever watched it without him? It’s a ******* hot mess.

I think the “lads” ripping on him is fine, it works. He’s not as good at it as tom gleisner but honestly when he’s not there is just a shitshow.

I’m sure others could do the job argurably many better but he’s the man for now.

You ever watched it without him? It’s a ******* hot mess.

I think the “lads” ripping on him is fine, it works. He’s not as good at it as tom gleisner but honestly when he’s not there is just a shitshow.

I’m sure others could do the job argurably many better but he’s the man for now.

Hey he's better than Chrissie trying to be funny lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It felt a little flat to me - not a terrible show by any stretch, but I don't remember too many gut-busting jokes.
Really? It felt the complete opposite to me, a welcome return to form after an off week.

Aaron is always funny, Kitty was in fine, feisty form, even Amanda was surprising and funny at times. The Albo segment was good, they didn't hold back at all.

Nah he's hit and miss, he seems funnier than he because of the stupid grin and laugh he does after every single joke he says

Amanda Keller is very underrated. Kitty is always good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back