FTA-TV Have You Been Paying Attention?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought this week had some great moments. Wil is completely underrated on this board. Not that I love him, I just don't revile him like everyone else. Even Tom got a couple of sneaky calls in. And I thought Ranger Stacey was one of the best guest hosts they've had on in ages. What a blast from the past.

I reckon Wil is usually good value. He was good tonight.

Hughesy and Abby are pretty s**t. The other 3 are stellar
Abby's getting better. She's not naturally funny like the rest but after her first couple performances she's getting the gist of the show.

In other words, she's pretty hot so I'm cool with her being on.

TBF Wil was actually pretty good this week. His past performances (along with his stand-up acts) do merit the scorn he receives here though imo

IMO Wil Anderson is a pretty average stand up comedian not because he's unfunny but because his style of comedy is basic self-contained setups and punchlines, which is rarely suited to stand up comedy (Jimmy Carr is the only good one that comes to mind). That style works fine on a question and answer panel show though.

Wil was a very good stand-up in the past but it is very difficult to remain genuinely funny and relevant after 20 years (just like music, really). Younger comedy fans are less likely to find the musings of a 40-year-old funny. Your comedy also has to evolve as your circumstances change, particularly if you become rich and famous.

But he is still naturally funny, which is why he is good on panel shows generally and his Twitter comments are sometimes quite good.

Might need these tonight
800W+Kleenex_Pack+shot_Everyday.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could just have the camera focus on Abby for the whole show while everyone else answers that would be great.

She needs to be muted though

Nobody's watching at all?

I fell asleep before the Entertainment segment. :oops:

In my defence tho, I was on an excursion all day and they are ****ing tiring. So yeah will catch a replay.

PS. **** Masterchef **** off and dont come back now you ****ing campaigners with your cooking think you cure cancer you ****ing bunch of idiots.

PPS. End rant.

In my defence tho, I was on an excursion all day and they are ****ing tiring. So yeah will catch a replay.

PS. **** Masterchef **** off and dont come back now you ****ing campaigners with your cooking think you cure cancer you ****ing bunch of idiots.

PPS. End rant.
Hearing the judges use words like brave, inspiring and vulnerable to describe cooking in a kitchen may have been the funniest lines of the night.

PPS. End rant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back