FTA-TV Have You Been Paying Attention?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ed didn't win?!? o_O

Fun fact, during taping they actually film each contestant "winning" and then they film Tom and Ed do a series of questions and the correct answers. This is due to some answers that the contestants give are not able to air due to "legal" reasons. They have their legal reps in the back room who come out at the end of the main show and go through with Tom what cannot be used. That's why more often than not, Ed ends up being awarded the win.

Hmm, knew about filming each person "winning" and that the actual winner gets decided in post when they decide which answers they can use, but didn't know that they filmed Ed giving answers after filming everyone else, or that legal got involved

I didn't either until I went to the taping of the season finale last year, it was actually a lot of fun - some piss funny stuff couldn't get used including some cracks at George Pell.

I didn't either until I went to the taping of the season finale last year, it was actually a lot of fun - some piss funny stuff couldn't get used including some cracks at George Pell.

It's actually pretty surprising anything Pell-related would get cut for legal reasons. I don't see Pell having much of a defamation case, his reputation in the community isn't gonna get much lower from a few gags on a panel show.

It's actually pretty surprising anything Pell-related would get cut for legal reasons. I don't see Pell having much of a defamation case, his reputation in the community isn't gonna get much lower from a few gags on a panel show.

Yeah they left a couple of Pell zingers in (one was from Molloy by memory) but I think it was Ed who's shot was deemed to be crossing the line.

The scoreboard is added post-production after it's edited and safe for airing.

Hmm, knew about filming each person "winning" and that the actual winner gets decided in post when they decide which answers they can use, but didn't know that they filmed Ed giving answers after filming everyone else, or that legal got involved
Look for the Have I Got News For You outtakes specials. In one, Dara asks a question and Hugh answers, then James chimes in “Oh great. I just remembered I gave what I thought was a funny answer to that one, and now I know they’re not using it!”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back