Have you ever considered packing up your life and moving interstate/overseas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure which is which either, but we are inner city next to the Danube on the east side... Just googled and that's the Pest side.

It's one of my favourite cities with funky bars, great food and great women.

and Vienna is almost the perfect city.

I'm envious! enjoy!

Not sure which is which either, but we are inner city next to the Danube on the east side... Just googled and that's the Pest side.

oh and Bratislava is where my blood stock is from........unfortunately, what a s**t hole. No wonder they chose to live in Adelaide; it must have felt like home.

You moved to Perth?

Lived there for 2 years and would never go back, the isolation is too much. Adelaide might be a little sleepy but at least it's only an hour to Melbourne.

Perth is an amazing place to live. Great beaches, a great river, a plane journey to anywhere in the world and a things Adelaide will never have.......jobs. The only negative is its only 2,700km away from Adelaide;)

It's one of my favourite cities with funky bars, great food and great women.

and Vienna is almost the perfect city.

I'm envious! enjoy!

Thanks. My first time further east than Rome really so looking foward to it. Going to be pretty cold but we are all sorted. We're only spending a day and night in Bratislave so thought it's worth the 40 minute bus trip. Have read it's a pretty cool place these days. We will see I guess.

Perth is an amazing place to live. Great beaches, a great river, a plane journey to anywhere in the world and a things Adelaide will never have.......jobs. The only negative is its only 2,700km away from Adelaide;)
Yeah no beaches or international flights in Adelaide...

Thanks. My first time further east than Rome really so looking foward to it. Going to be pretty cold but we are all sorted. We're only spending a day and night in Bratislave so thought it's worth the 40 minute bus trip. Have read it's a pretty cool place these days. We will see I guess.

think Frankston but without the beach

but still worth a look. can I suggest you don't go with your girlfriend? as it does have its redeeming features.

think Frankston but without the beach

but still worth a look. can I suggest you don't go with your girlfriend? as it does have its redeeming features.

Jesus. Just been reading up a bit and it seems though it can be sketchy. The wife will definitely be accompanying me.

Jesus. Just been reading up a bit and it seems though it can be sketchy. The wife will definitely be accompanying me.

you should still go but after Vienna and Budapest it is a little vanilla.

Budapest is amazing; spend as much time there as you can, it still won't be enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

13 years of Labor government, enough said.

truth is I still have a soft spot for Adelaide and the day trips are amazing (barossa, hahndorf, stirling, mclaren etc).

in regards to jobs, I'm getting involved with a massive project in SA (I'm a bit player in this). It will require billions in investment and political will but it would set SA up for a century of growth.

I fear it will act too slow though.

Toronto is very divisive. It might be a recent thing but just about every second Canadian would 'warn' us against people from Toronto. Quite often they wouldn't answer as being "from Canada" but "I'm from Toronto." Apparently they just see themselves as a separate bunch.

Which is fair enough. I wouldn't want to tell people I was a Canuck.

I can confirm that people of Toronto usually say they are from "Trono" opposed to Canada, which understandably would set them apart from the rest of Canada. Toronto is different to the rest of Canada, its a big urban city that holds its own with many of major cities around the world (Sydney, London, New York etc). Its head and shoulders above the rest of Canada in terms of size, population and variety of industries. At least in Australia there isn't much that separates Melbourne and Sydney, the same cannot be said for Toronto and its next biggest rival Montreal. However beyond the lakes, there isn't too much in terms of what Canada is famous for (Mountains/Skiing/wilderness).

Regarding living in Toronto, you really need to decide what your chasing.

Outdoors and natural beauty...Steer clear.
Nightlife and employment prospects....Great place.

Its also a great place if you want to immerse yourself with the locals and be the token Aussie.

As a comparison to Australia.

Melbourne & Sydney = Toronto
Perth = Weird mix of Vancouver (Coastal, little downtown) & Calgary (Commodity driven and at times very wealthy)

Where you thinking?

The central coast is a beautiful area, and there are a lot of great towns between it and Qld as well.
Forster. For work probably Tuncurry area hopefully. Only way to find out work wise is to go. Looking at taking a few weeks off work early next year and head up there and see what is happening.

What is it?
Where?
tumblr_m0unokwnBQ1qhxida.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back