Discussion Have you ever had to defend yourself/use your training in real life?

Barry Roundhouse

Premium Platinum
Feb 16, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Been fighting since primary school.

Not going to pretend i am not an angry prick because I am. I’ll never walk away from someone mouthing off unfortunately, but I only ever fight now when it know it is unavoidable.

People expect hands to get thrown first. But always keep out of punching range and kick first. Target the meaty bit on the side of the leg above the knee. Big target to aim at.

Straight off the bat you have damaged your opponents mobility.

Kick first, hands second.

If they break the space, clinch, then release knees and elbows. Then release clinch and unleash hands.

The key is to effectively strike your opponent first, allowing an opening...then swarm them.

That’s how fights are won.
Hahahaha thats good stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Been fighting since primary school.

Not going to pretend i am not an angry prick because I am. I’ll never walk away from someone mouthing off unfortunately, but I only ever fight now when it know it is unavoidable.

People expect hands to get thrown first. But always keep out of punching range and kick first. Target the meaty bit on the side of the leg above the knee. Big target to aim at.

Straight off the bat you have damaged your opponents mobility.

Kick first, hands second.

If they break the space, clinch, then release knees and elbows. Then release clinch and unleash hands.

The key is to effectively strike your opponent first, allowing an opening...then swarm them.

That’s how fights are won.
Well said Echoes.

Reasons behind your anger? PM if you don';t want to disclose online :)

Agreed on leg kicks. Like in todays fight, although I believe the injury happened through incidental contact, Santos couldn't use his movement and get off his strikes because of a f’ed leg( UFC I'm talking about ) the 1st round he was dominating and moving beautifully. Couldn't move and plant his feet/legs to get his shots off after the injury.

How many fights have you had? How many times stupid campaigners mouthed off at you? Again PM if you don't want to disclose online. I've got a mate/Brother in law like you. Some of it's ego driven, circumstances and life experience.

Top Bottom