Discussion Have you ever had to defend yourself/use your training in real life?

Remove this Banner Ad

Been fighting since primary school.

Not going to pretend i am not an angry prick because I am. I’ll never walk away from someone mouthing off unfortunately, but I only ever fight now when it know it is unavoidable.

People expect hands to get thrown first. But always keep out of punching range and kick first. Target the meaty bit on the side of the leg above the knee. Big target to aim at.

Straight off the bat you have damaged your opponents mobility.

Kick first, hands second.

If they break the space, clinch, then release knees and elbows. Then release clinch and unleash hands.

The key is to effectively strike your opponent first, allowing an opening...then swarm them.

That’s how fights are won.
Hahahaha thats good stuff

Been fighting since primary school.

Not going to pretend i am not an angry prick because I am. I’ll never walk away from someone mouthing off unfortunately, but I only ever fight now when it know it is unavoidable.

People expect hands to get thrown first. But always keep out of punching range and kick first. Target the meaty bit on the side of the leg above the knee. Big target to aim at.

Straight off the bat you have damaged your opponents mobility.

Kick first, hands second.

If they break the space, clinch, then release knees and elbows. Then release clinch and unleash hands.

The key is to effectively strike your opponent first, allowing an opening...then swarm them.

That’s how fights are won.
Well said Echoes.

Reasons behind your anger? PM if you don';t want to disclose online :)

Agreed on leg kicks. Like in todays fight, although I believe the injury happened through incidental contact, Santos couldn't use his movement and get off his strikes because of a ****ed leg( UFC I'm talking about ) the 1st round he was dominating and moving beautifully. Couldn't move and plant his feet/legs to get his shots off after the injury.

How many fights have you had? How many times stupid campaigners mouthed off at you? Again PM if you don't want to disclose online. I've got a mate/Brother in law like you. Some of it's ego driven, circumstances and life experience.

Never had to use the self defense i learnt from taekwondo years ago- thank god, touch wood, thank u lucky star.

I reckon i would tho- id fight, bite, eye gouge, attack balls if i had to.

Particularly if it was a sexual assault. If it was like a robbery or whatever wouldnt be a hero just hand over what they wanted.

Never had to use the self defense i learnt from taekwondo years ago- thank god, touch wood, thank u lucky star.

I reckon i would tho- id fight, bite, eye gouge, attack balls if i had to.

Particularly if it was a sexual assault. If it was like a robbery or whatever wouldnt be a hero just hand over what they wanted.
Jiujitsu is good for women particularly for sexual assault. You practise a lot on how to control of a heavier person on top of you on the ground. That being said nut shots and eye gouges are always effective

Jiujitsu is good for women particularly for sexual assault. You practise a lot on how to control of a heavier person on top of you on the ground. That being said nut shots and eye gouges are always effective

I always carry my keys. So my sortof plan would be go the eyes, with the keys.

When I was young I moved to a new city. I was living in the west but came across to the east coast. One night I met an awesome girl at a beach party, little did I know that her ex was there and he and his mates gave me a hiding on my way home. Fortunately, a quirky old man who was the maintenance guy for our apartment building stepped in, took them out and chased them off. I had never seen anything like it before so I asked him to train me. Eventually he agree but he training style was so strange that I never knew it was even training; waxing cars, painting the fence and so on. I spat the dummy thinking I was learning nothing and thats when he showed me how he had trained me to an elite degree without my knowledge. I felt ready for revenge, but being the honourable man he is we chose to do it through a local karate tournament. During the tournament I met some of the guys that beat me up an whilst I beat them, one deliberately injured me and I almost couldn't continue but the old man used some mystical massage technique to heal me. Then comes the final. I come up against who else but the guy who beat me up, Johnny. He had the upper hand but I remembered one day I saw the old man use a special technique he never taught me but I never forgot it. Perilously close to losing to Johnny I I raised my hands high into the air, cocked up my leg in front of me and as Johnny approached to end the bout I switched my legs mid air thrusting my planted leg forward to strike him on the chin and thus win a victory for the ages.

As I celebrate all I could hear was you're the best by Joe Esposito running through my mind.

I'll never forget that day.
And you never had any run ins with that guy again...

And you never had any run ins with that guy again...
Well, not until the last couple of years but that’s a whole other story. I now run a very successful car yard and through that I ran into Johnny again. Johnny really seems to have hit the skids sine
ce that fateful day at the tournament. I’ll tell you more later.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back