Mod. Notice Have your say

Which best describes the state of the BigFooty Geelong Board?

• The board is working very well

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • The board is okay, but requires some improvement

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • The board is a mess

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think opposition supporters can get a free run at times, which we don't get on other boards

One of the best things about it imo.

You lurk on the Carlton board after a loss, BAN. Like a post on the norf board and you're cooked. Overly precious flogs.

I ask myself that question a helluva lot, vinum. :(

Anyway, I've said my piece...
Mate. From what I can tell this is a board wide thing.
Not a Geelong one. Piss off and start yours. You're already 180 posts behind us on the subject.

Having said that :) keep the chin up. You have the hardest job on BF.

If you want throw punches , lets try to avoid below the belt stuff OK. I really liked Jubs post , not sure if thats defined as passive aggressive but I found it clever.

I know as well as anyone , that at times our emotions can reach the fingers before brain puts the stop sign up. My only advice, and I can not always do it either , is to wait before replying if something has steamed you. Have a breather. Just remember the screen doesn't have to stay on.

Doss , thanks for looking in.

Mate. From what I can tell this is a board wide thing.
Not a Geelong one. Piss off and start yours. You're already 180 posts behind us on the subject.

Having said that :) keep the chin up. You have the hardest job on BF.
It's been started, and it's eerily quiet so far for some reason.

I'm only here, obviously, as Supers occasionally provide assistance to board mods when called for or otherwise required. Not here to take any sides, that's not my business.

Anyway, that's it for me. I'm ooot.

It's been started, and it's eerily quiet so far for some reason.

I'm only here, obviously, as Supers occasionally provide assistance to board mods when called for or otherwise required. Not here to take any sides, that's not my business.

Anyway, that's it for me. I'm ooot.
Will be quiet your one.
They can't knock what the mods have been through.
And I'm sure most posters have other things on their mind.

I've got a suggestion.
Open (and lock at the end of the day) a joke thread.
Release some of that energy once a week.

As supporters, you're going through heaps. You need a board release.

Ask Willo_ . He was having a problem with it and pretty much quit BF because of it.
He either stopped using tapatalk or he worked it out. Because he fixed the issue.
I stopped using tapatalk, helped that the mobile site is now much better.
And I can assure anyone still using tapatalk but getting annoyed with any posters the ignore feature makes it infinitely better... albeit the thread can be a bit disjointed at times because you miss things.

I have nothing to complain about really I just don't have the time to post as much since leaving my government job and actually having to do work whilst at work

If you want throw punches , lets try to avoid below the belt stuff OK. I really liked Jubs post , not sure if thats defined as passive aggressive but I found it clever.

I know as well as anyone , that at times our emotions can reach the fingers before brain puts the stop sign up. My only advice, and I can not always do it either , is to wait before replying if something has steamed you. Have a breather. Just remember the screen doesn't have to stay on.

Doss , thanks for looking in.
Which one TC?

The one where he shooooed you away? :D

The Taylor Swift comment? o_O

If you could all just get down from your crosses that'd be great. :thumbsu:
Anyway this thread has turned into god knows what, later taters... :p

Or the give flogs from opposition boards a holiday if they bag our players :straining:

He has offered so many gems, as always, I can't decide which one you mean :)

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stopped using tapatalk, helped that the mobile site is now much better.
And I can assure anyone still using tapatalk but getting annoyed with any posters the ignore feature makes it infinitely better... albeit the thread can be a bit disjointed at times because you miss things.

I have nothing to complain about really I just don't have the time to post as much since leaving my government job and actually having to do work whilst at work
Holy s**t that is so much better.:thumbsu:

The mobile site bit not the having to do some work bit;)

Now if I could just get my iPhone web browsers to stop crashing I'll be as happy as larry:)

I don't post often, but like to read the three weekly match threads and the non-Geelong AFL thread. The board seems to be less abrasive/aggressive these days and has a broader range of posters. Overall, for my purposes it is well run. Thanks mods.

Just as as an aside, I searched and found the 'ignore' button not so long ago. I only used it for one poster but such was the change in tone of what I was viewing, it was as if I had put 2 or 3 on ignore.

Thanks again to those who put the time into this board.

Although I post more often elsewhere, always enjoy reading the Geelong board. Feel like a true armchair expert relaying some of the opinions on here to my mates.

Have never felt the need to put anyone on ignore, skimming works pretty well for me, but see how the ignore function may be helpful at times. Believe we do a fairly good job getting along on here. A bit of tolerance works wonders.

Keep up the good work all :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back