Autopsy Hawfforn too good. Umps agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would've been somewhere between 25-30k.

Our supporters would've shown up after a win like last week.

It just kills momentum... piss off Tassie and we get to have more miles added at the grounds that matter most (MCG and Marvel)
The MCG is like playing away interstate for us, once, maybe twice a year on the ground?

How come just dropping the ball when being legitimately tackled, and unable to get a kick or handball off is very rarely penalised for incorrect disposal ?
A lot of these non calls resulted in Hawthorn being able to keep the ball in their forward half and generate scores.

The umpiring was a farce.

We need to learn if we can stand in our own without the Tassie money sooner rather than later.

I agree though. Playing games in Tassie is hard to generate interest from your Melbourne heartland when you are away for an extra 4 games a year on top of our already s**t draw with travel.
Yep.

We don't have back to back Marvel home games at all this year.

Crazy.

Credit where it’s due, two months ago I thought it was in doubt whether Young would be given another contract.
Since then he’s turned into one of our most reliable contributors.
Glad to have been proven wrong in this instance. Onya Lachie.
Great comment. Lachie tried his ass off and you can tell he's trying to expand his game.

Spent a bit of time looking at our assistant coaches today

Jordan Russell v Robert Harvey for the midfield - what a surprise we got absolutely obliterated in the guts and at clearances

Anthony Rocca v Monkhurst in rucks - a seasoned veteran in the ruck old Anth - maybe pinch hit once a game.

Heath Younie - left his teaching gig to be our forwards coach - and haven’t we shone brightly up forward since

What a smart idea it was to surround Nobes with such a well credentialed support crew

A lot of these non calls resulted in Hawthorn being able to keep the ball in their forward half and generate scores.

The umpiring was a farce.
Agree, but also, the lack of " reward for effort " for the tackler starts to compound after a while, the opposite to what earning a free kick can do for momentum etc

Yep.

We don't have back to back Marvel home games at all this year.

Crazy.
It also makes people less likely to fork out for premium memberships because a third of our home games are in Tassie.

I know I don’t feel like I get great value out of having a premium membership, but I still get one every year. I just get the feeling that Tassie people are now not turning up as a protest so they can get their own team.

If they don’t want to turn up, let’s get back in front of our home fans 4 more times a year.

Was unable to watch today, but down by 50 pts to a bog average Hawthorn at quarter time shows what a pathetic waste of a year this has been. Poor coaching, poor leadership, poor list management, poor everything. Embarrassing stuff. Can only hope it didn't turn Clarko off from taking the job.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree, but also, the lack of " reward for effort " for the tackler starts to compound after a while, the opposite to what earning a free kick can do for momentum etc
100%

They not only got a great run with what they were paid, but also the non calls against them.

It’s a lot easier to generate momentum when an umpire is keeping the ball in your forward half by not paying frees against you for incorrect disposal.

The inconsistency going one way all day make you wonder how legitimate footy is becoming.

cm punk wrestling GIF by WWE

Was unable to watch today, but down by 50 pts to a bog average Hawthorn at quarter time shows what a pathetic waste of a year this has been. Poor coaching, poor leadership, poor list management, poor everything. Embarrassing stuff. Can only hope it didn't turn Clarko off from taking the job.

What ever .. the umpires had a big say today. Maybe the AFL had a hand in the standard of umpiring towards the Roos . Seemed the 50/50 went to the Hawks and there were too many missed for North. Some shockers like the “ to firm “ free against JHF . The 15 meter up in the air mark to the Newcombe and 5 minutes later the ball travels 20 and called play on not 15 . I reckon it was done to try and put Clarkson off .

Watching us live for the second time this year, we are just so reactive and disjointed as a team.

It's like we aren't in sync as if we do win the clearance no-one is leading to take advantage, if we lose the clearance defenders are no where near where they should be - it's sort of bizarre, have no idea what they are doing at training.

There is a clear disconnect between our effort and our results, we worked hard today but bumble around aimlessly, almost in hope something might eventuate, yet Hawks delivered when they got the ball and had a clear structure.

I maintain that is on the coaches not the players as frankly, I don't think they know what they are supposed to be doing.

Tassie is no longer a 'fortress' for us.

The sooner we are kicked out, the better.

At Marvel, I think we would've been more competitive.
Tassie is a s**t hole. Cold, wet, windy.. good luck to Tassie forming a team. They’d need a Salary cap boost of 35% to be competitive.

There’s no life there, find a bird? Good luck as most of em are banging their cousins ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching us live for the second time this year, we are just so reactive and disjointed as a team.

It's like we aren't in sync as if we do win the clearance no-one is leading to take advantage, if we lose the clearance defenders are no where near where they should be - it's sort of bizarre, have no idea what they are doing at training.

There is a clear disconnect between our effort and our results, we worked hard today but bumble around aimlessly, almost in hope something might eventuate, yet Hawks delivered when they got the ball and had a clear structure.

I maintain that is on the coaches not the players as frankly, I don't think they know what they are supposed to be doing.

I’d never looked into who our assistants are until today and it beggars belief

How come just dropping the ball when being legitimately tackled, and unable to get a kick or handball off is very rarely penalised for incorrect disposal ?
What genuinely baffles me is that they can interpret the same action differently depending on the team.

The game is so difficult to enjoy - the losses hurt but they can be accepted based on where North is at right now - the inconsistency (the blatant inconsistency) of decisions by umpires reeks! I get too angry at matches - I can't hold back so I don't go any more. I don't yell at opposition players - they are doing their job (apart from those that duck for free kicks). I avoid going to games to avoid being arrested, which would have surely happened if I had been in Tassie today.

Spent a bit of time looking at our assistant coaches today

Jordan Russell v Robert Harvey for the midfield - what a surprise we got absolutely obliterated in the guts and at clearances

Anthony Rocca v Monkhurst in rucks - a seasoned veteran in the ruck old Anth - maybe pinch hit once a game.

Heath Younie - left his teaching gig to be our forwards coach - and haven’t we shone brightly up forward since

What a smart idea it was to surround Nobes with such a well credentialed support crew
Beggars belief how the assistants were selected. Can't comment further.

They have too much influence on games now.

What genuinely baffles me is that they can interpret the same action differently depending on the team.

The holding the ball rule became farcical today and led to Hawthorn goals from the sheer fact they could keep it in their forward half through not being penalised for incorrect disposal.

That free kick count would have been fairly even if they could do their job correctly and without bias.

And the game. What was HTB in Hobart isn't HTB in Adelaide or at Marvel.

Bloody frustrating.

For all of our so called A grade midfielders (LDU, Jy, JHF, Jed), and we get smashed by a mid season draft pick in Newcombe.

Sad.

LDU is the only A grader in that group imo.

Jed and Jy B graders, both battlers with clear limitations.

JHF will be A grade but he's a fair way off it at the moment.

Newcombe and Mitchell smashed us.

He’s seen the rest of the year and is still interested IMO.

Today after quarter time showed that there’s a lot to work with for any prospective coach who knows what he’s doing… whilst also showing why need a coach who knows what he’s doing.

If the rest of the year didn’t turn Clarko off of us, today won’t.

And the game. What was HTB in Hobart isn't HTB in Adelaide or at Marvel.

Bloody frustrating.
Umpiring might be hard. It migh be easy. Who knows? What I can say is that the turkeys that run around doing it in AFL matches are ponces and they demonstrate their inability to comprehend the game, despite them being the closest watchers or the sport. It is not "touch football" you fools. It is not a game of chasey or tiggy-touch-wood. It's a contest that is rough and tumble. Bumps, shoves and flailing arms are expected. Pay the throws, pay holding the ball, blatant pushes and head high TACKLES but otherwise, understand that this is a sport that is meant to be played hard. And umpires are there to ensure that the match is adjudicated without bias. I reckon there were occasions today when players knew they should have been penalised - in fact it happens every week. Then the maggots go and pay a penalty because after they made a 100% unmissable error, the ball was thrown back too firmly.

And they wonder why they are hated.

OK - I know hate is a strong word.

Disliked intensely - very very intensely.

We actually agree on something.

You don't agree LDU is a gun?

You don't agree McKay is a gun?

You don't think Paul Curtis shows heaps of promise?

etc

If not then i'd suggest you start reading a bit closer on my opinions as you must be way off knowing anything about football.

Anyone who thinks that the umpiring was the reason we got flogged today seriously needs to have a good hard look at themselves. We got out worked, plain and simple and when we did get the ball, we butchered it.

But God damn that sugar hit last week was good. Wore a North jacket in to work on Friday to troll one of the partners that i get along with quote well. Was good to see the rest of the team join in the pile on too ans the draw will only add to it for next week
Nothing like that first hit!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back