Autopsy Hawfforn too good. Umps agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope.. not the reason we lost. However, with the lack of skill execution and the contribution of umpiring decisions which a couple of goals were given with bizarre interpretations of rules which absolutely hindered our ability to get back into the contest.. we lost by 46, if we hit targets a little sharper and we could literally get a HTB decision coinciding.. who knows ey? Its not the ultimate reason we lost, the umpiring decision were ******* shocking in a handful of situations. Didnt impact the end result from an L to a W. Not at all
Footy is about momentum.

s**t umpiring led to Hawthorn gaining it and us not allowed to get any.

Hawthorn were gifted goals through inexplicable decisions in that 1st quarter. From there it is game over. We probably still lose, but the fact was that we had any opportunity to compete on a level playing field taken away by incompetence.

You only had to look at a deliberate paid against Corr that virtually rolled past Powell’s feet to know they were gagging to give Hawthorn anything they could come up with.

Earlier this season we'd kick 7 or 8 goals max in a loss like that. Even when other teams took the foot off the gas, we could never actually capitalise. A 7 goal last term suggests we now can to some extent. Buuuuut it was still a pretty insipid performance, and just like that the security of several players' positions in the team has become iffy once more. Jed and Greenwood in the same midfield is a dynamic of particular interest to me. When it works it's spectacular, when it doesn't, we look like tripe. Certainly a fair bit for Patch to ponder next week

Footy is about momentum.

Hawthorn were gifted goals through inexplicable decisions in that 1st quarter. From there it is game over. We probably still lose, but the fact was that we had any opportunity to compete on a level playing field taken away by incompetence.

You only had to look at a deliberate paid against Corr that virtually rolled past Powell’s feet to know they were gagging to give Hawthorn anything they could come up with.
I personally don’t believe corr was attempting to put that ball out of bounds.. he saw tommy? Or at the least it was a contested ball being smacked towards a team mate. Wasn’t the “overall” deciding factor in the result. I suggest skill execution and hunger to win the pill as first and foremost then some very poor decisions did not help

Footy is about momentum.

That call against Corr was just bullshit. Clearly just wanted to find any free against whatsoever.

Dermie and co said couldn't possibly argue against the decision!
At first, then Dermie actually saw Powell was about a foot away and then him and Howie tried to dig themselves out of the hole by claiming he hit it too forcefully.

That first quarter was about as bad as it gets for perplexing decisions and only one team copped the raw end of it, strangely ;)

I personally don’t believe corr was attempting to put that ball out of bounds.. he saw tommy? Or at the least it was a contested ball being smacked towards a team mate. Wasn’t the “overall” deciding factor in the result. I suggest skill execution and hunger to win the pill as first and foremost then some very poor decisions did not help
Of course he wasn’t, but they were gagging to give Hawthorn anything they could.

As soon as I saw an umpire from 40 metres away overrule the controlling umpire and call head high contact when there wasn’t any, I knew we were in for a fisting from the cheats.

I can’t recall an umpire that far away ever making that call, especially when there wasn’t actually a free kick and the controlling umpire also having a clear view of the play.

Yes we were s**t, but what was the timekeeper doing just before half time waiting extra few seconds for Gunston to take a mark?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just sticking to the plan.

Just one of many gifts to the Hawks.

I was actually surprised they didn’t ask him if he wanted another kick and to come in 20 metres closer when he missed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad last 3 quarters but that first quarter 🤮. Patch"s first quarter tactic of going one on one into the wind was poor. With no pressure from our mids, they were picking open players inside 50 with ease. McKay's game under the circumstances was outstanding and to be fair I thought the back 6 did well considering.

Our midfield is too slow and get caught out badly in transition. Anderson, Greenwood, Simpkin, Taylor and Powell cannot all play in the same team especially with Cunners coming back. Only 3 of the above can play in the one team

Philips, Thomas and JHF will add pace and defensive pressure to our midfield next year under a good coach. I would seriously be looking at playing Goater through the midfield because we need size and pace and he could be A point of difference.

Anyway, this year is a write off so on to the pre season.

Not a bad last 3 quarters but that first quarter 🤮. Patch"s first quarter tactic of going one on one into the wind was poor. With no pressure from our mids, they were picking open players inside 50 with ease. McKay's game under the circumstances was outstanding and to be fair I thought the back 6 did well considering.

Our midfield is too slow and get caught out badly in transition. Anderson, Greenwood, Simpkin, Taylor and Powell cannot all play in the same team especially with Cunners coming back. Only 3 of the above can play in the one team

Philips, Thomas and JHF will add pace and defensive pressure to our midfield next year under a good coach. I would seriously be looking at playing Goater through the midfield because we need size and pace and he could be A point of difference.

Anyway, this year is a write off so on to the pre season.
Anderson and Greenwood should not be playing in the same team right now. One the other. I am bewildered as to how Greenwood is getting a game, he brings no positives. Its 17 v 18 when he is out there.

Hey the umpires didn’t help . They may as well Ben in piss and s**t jumpers . To be coat hangered then throw the ball back to the fluorescent maggot only to be told you threw it back too hard and be penalised. That’s a joke . The whole competition is a joke now . It should fold into obscurity. The so called power brokers are killing it . Ie Brad Scott ect . I’m nearly done with this sport . It’s not the game I grew up loving . Everything and everyone involved with it is s**t now . “ to firm “ what a lame call from an umpire to give another team and advantage. * you AFL ..
Yep, the game is slipping away.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

You know JZ was our leading goal kicker today right?
I don't want JZ dropped, but he again dropped a simple chest mark in thee opening minute up forward which set the tone early. He then missed a set shot from the top of the square. He did most his good work in the last when the Hawks were already in the showers getting ready to go home.

I don't want JZ dropped, but he again dropped a simple chest mark in thee opening minute up forward which set the tone early. He then missed a set shot from the top of the square. He did most his good work in the last when the Hawks were already in the showers getting ready to go home.

Yeah, you obviously want your captain to make a statement early in the game for the boys to rally around. He did it against Sydney and needs to be replicating that.

Not JZ specific but it always amazes me how players drop chest marks, one of the easier skills in the game.

s**t I do. He spent most of the game trying to use every trick in the game to get free kicks.

Obviously we won’t with a few games to go but if they’re not having serious conversations between him and the club it will only end in a worse situation next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back