News Hawk for life, Luke Breust. Signs to 2024. Kicks 500 goals!

Remove this Banner Ad

Classy post man.

grumbleguts sorry to hear mate - best wishes to you & your family.
Thank you. Funeral is Thursday, was a massive Hawks fan from 1940 onwards, I hope the club can lift this year for him. Sadly due to border closures I'll have to sit the funeral out.

Let the record show that Breust has now, in a horribly performing team, kicked 29 goals for the year, and is a chance (outside perhaps) to kick 40 for the year.

I'm looking forward to being there when he kicks his 500th in 2023, placing him firmly in a small list of truly great small forwards.

Viva Punky! Retire a Hawk legend!

Let the record show that Breust has now, in a horribly performing team, kicked 29 goals for the year, and is a chance (outside perhaps) to kick 40 for the year.

I'm looking forward to being there when he kicks his 500th in 2023, placing him firmly in a small list of truly great small forwards.

Not back for a rookie from a rugby background 😉

yeap wants to be a one club player and good on him

getting tired of seeing our champs retiring in other clubs jumpers

Not back for a rookie from a rugby background 😉

Really?

That must be why he's so good with the fend off...you would have thought somebody would have mentioned it before now...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really?

That must be why he's so good with the fend off...you would have thought somebody would have mentioned it before now...
Punky was doing the don't-argue before Dusty was in nappies.

What a warrior he's been. Just doesn't miss many games either and isn't slowing down. The bloke could easily play for another 5 years.

2011: 17 games
2012: 24
2013: 25
2014: 25
2015: 25
2016: 24
2017: 21
2018: 24
2019: 22
2020: 13
2021: 17

Think he's only missed 6 games from debut 11 seasons ago....

What a warrior he's been. Just doesn't miss many games either and isn't slowing down. The bloke could easily play for another 5 years.

2011: 17 games
2012: 24
2013: 25
2014: 25
2015: 25
2016: 24
2017: 21
2018: 24
2019: 22
2020: 13
2021: 17

Think he's only missed 6 games from debut 11 seasons ago....

One of the best & smartest small forwards in the game.

His been a star for a long time & his experience to our young developing forwards is invaluable.

People can say he was made to look good in a three-peat side with champions but his performances in an average side show just how good a player his been.

Will kick more than Dermott. That is damn impressive. Been a star.

Edit: imagine the uproar if Dermie was put up as a suggestion for trade on a regular basis!

‘oh wait….

Bruest must be one of those Clarko ‘favourites’ I keep reading about

Incidentally, a quick search sees Dermott 2cm taller and 10kg heavier than broosty

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back