News Hawk for life, Luke Breust. Signs to 2024. Kicks 500 goals!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm absolutely deadset late here, but so glad Breust has stayed on, he's an absolute star of the game still, hard to replace, great leadership and especially off field, he'll be an awesome coach and no doubt they're grooming him for it.

He'll play for a while.

We needed him to stay so badly.

There is currently an abyss to be filled where Buddy, Rough, Pop, Cyril, Bruest, Gunston and to a lesser extent Hale used to stand.

We really need Brockman to stay, Lewis to continue to improve and find 1-2 mates, Moore to spend time there with Winged, and Butler to come on strong.

Breust should end his career with 550+ goals (should go past Jeff Farmer, Stevie J and Brent Harvey for goals kicked, putting him top 3 of AFL era small forwards for goals kicked)

He is also already top 10 for goal assists (equal 10th since this has been a stat).

3 flags, dual All Australian and led our goalkicking 4 times.

Underrated champion.

As far as I can tell, there have been 9 non key position players in history who have kicked 500 goals.

Those are:

Leigh Matthews, Kevin Batlett, Peter Daicos, Dick Harris, Steven Milne, Brad Johnson, Steve Johnson, Brent Harvey and Eddie Betts.

Luke Breust will become the 10th. Fine achievement and some pretty good company there.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, there have been 9 non key position players in history who have kicked 500 goals.

Those are:

Leigh Matthews, Kevin Batlett, Peter Daicos, Dick Harris, Steven Milne, Brad Johnson, Steve Johnson and Eddie Betts.

Luke Breust will become the 10th. Fine achievement and some pretty good company there.
The elite of the elite, one of the best clubs in footy really

Those are:

Leigh Matthews, Kevin Batlett, Peter Daicos, Dick Harris, Steven Milne, Brad Johnson, Steve Johnson and Eddie Betts.

What a legend

Those are:

I only count eight plus Broooost

Good news this one, we wouldn't get much value out of him in a trade at this point, so delighted to see him locked away for another couple of seasons at us.

Good news this one, we wouldn't get much value out of him in a trade at this point, so delighted to see him locked away for another couple of seasons at us.
That’s not even the best reason for him extending his current contract either!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breust should end his career with 550+ goals (should go past Jeff Farmer, Stevie J and Brent Harvey for goals kicked, putting him top 3 of AFL era small forwards for goals kicked)

He is also already top 10 for goal assists (equal 10th since this has been a stat).

3 flags, dual All Australian and led our goalkicking 4 times.

Underrated champion.
An absolute embarrassment which goes to show the quality of AA.

Absolutely love punky. Cant speak any more highly of him as a footballer or as a person. The most down to earth guy u will ever meet. A hawthorn champion and i consider myself fortunate enough to have seen spoke and shook his hand. Love u punk and thank the stars i get to see him in the brown and gold again next year as i will miss him when he has gone. Congrats once again punk on 500 you deserve every accolade

Punky looks like he can keep this up for another 3 years at least. Wouldn’t be rushing him out the door by any means, good small forwards just don’t grow on trees
I was going to say the same thing. If he has a good season next year then what’s stopping him from going again on another 1 year deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back