Prediction Hawkins Coleman watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
With one game to play, Hawkins is four goals behind Coleman leader Jack Riewoldt.

The current standings are:

Riewoldt - 60 (next opponent WB)

Brown - 58 (held goalless today - next opponent St Kilda)

Franklin - 57 (next opponent Hawthorn)

Hawkins - 56 (next opponent GC)

Given Hawk’s last 3 games at home have yielded 6, 7 and 7 goals there’s a reasonable chance he will finish the season with another bag.

Here’s hoping!

If the game gets sealed early I'd like to see the other players looking for him as much as possible. Not to the point of tinkering with everything but if we are up by 50 and not looking at him first every time we go into attack I'd be a bit disappointed.

Plus I'd simply like to see him get double figures because a player as good as him who has some of the days he's had in terms of marking and setting up goals for others should have a better 'best' than 7.

The only thing that is certain is that if Hawk starts hot the "most unselfish player in the game" Jack Riewoldt will absolutely become the most selfish player in the game and worry about the potential individual honour.

If Hawk can't win it though I'd really like to see Ben Brown win

The only thing that is certain is that if Hawk starts hot the "most unselfish player in the game" Jack Riewoldt will absolutely become the most selfish player in the game and worry about the potential individual honour.

Jack Reiwoldt is probably the most selfish footballer I’ve seen. He’s the complete opposite to his humble cousin Nick.

I agree with the last bit. Would much rather Brown win than Riewoldt or Franklin.

The only thing I have against that is, as a consolation prize Hawkins would be more likely to make AA if he goes past brown on the goal kicking list. So would rather Brown went goalless again.

With one game to play, Hawkins is four goals behind Coleman leader Jack Riewoldt.

The current standings are:

Riewoldt - 60 (next opponent WB)

Brown - 58 (held goalless today - next opponent St Kilda)

Franklin - 57 (next opponent Hawthorn)

Hawkins - 56 (next opponent GC)

Given Hawk’s last 3 games at home have yielded 6, 7 and 7 goals there’s a reasonable chance he will finish the season with another bag.

Here’s hoping!

Riewoldt is the definition of flat track bully with his goals and always has been. He will kick a bag this week for sure

If the top 4 all kick the same goals as last weekend the result will be

62 - Hawkins, Reiwoldt, Franklin
60 - Brown

Would never have bet on that a few weeks ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d think Riewoldt might kick 6 against WB, Brown maybe the same against the Saints. Means Hawk needs to kick 10. I’d love to see him win, but being the most he’s kicked is 7, means Riewoldt only kicking 2 against WB for Hawk to win..... wonder if Richmond would rest him....?

ps. Hawkins has never kicked more than 7... so its unlikely IMO.

I think the best odds for him to win are 5-1.

Steven May will no doubt get the job on Hawkins, and he's a real competitor.
Can't see Hawkins nabbing a Coleman; shouldn't undervalue his performance this year though, which has been exceptional - he's done a lot of really constructive work up the ground pretty much across the entire season.
Probably won't add a 2nd Carji to his CV but I reckon he's been our most valuable player over the H&A season.

It's a shame those Parsons entries cost him so many goal opportunities over the season

Riewoldt is the definition of flat track bully with his goals and always has been. He will kick a bag this week for sure
He has got a higher goals per games average against top 8 teams (3.1 goals per game). You mustn't been watching the Swans and Eagles games where Jack was clearly our best player.

Jack second in score involvements in the league (Dusty first) and 10th for goal assists this season.
Stupid stat. A score involvement could mean he was in the middle of a 10 chain handpass.

If he marks 55 out he doesn’t even look inside 50. Just arrogantly turns his back on free players inside 50 and walks back on the mark. Try’s to take mark of the year at every contest. Sooks all the time.

With jack it’s all about Jack.

Stupid stat. A score involvement could mean he was in the middle of a 10 chain handpass.

If he marks 55 out he doesn’t even look inside 50. Just arrogantly turns his back on free players inside 50 and walks back on the mark. Try’s to take mark of the year at every contest. Sooks all the time.

With jack it’s all about Jack.
He doesn't give goals off when he is in the top 10 in the league for goal assists?

He doesn't give goals off when he is in the top 10 in the league for goal assists?
A goal assist doesn't necessarily mean he was in a scoring position then gave it off. In fact I would imagine that most goal assists don't come from scoring positions/situations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back