R20, 2017 Striking Rampe (Syd) 2 matches
R7, 2018 Rough conduct on
Haynes (GWS) $2000
R7, 2018 Umpire contact v GWS 1 match
R5, 2019 Striking Sicily (Haw) $2000
R11, 2019 Striking Dawson (Syd) $3000
SF, 2019 Striking Schofield (WC) 1 match
R8, 2020 Striking Ryan (Frem) 1 match

Frankly, I hope we don't appeal it. There was no provocation, it was just undisciplined. The club should take him to task. It happens too often and each time he laments he needs to show more discipline. He's an integral part of the team and he's let his team mates down - again. And I'm a Hawk fan.
Yep. Agree with your POV now.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

If the reason for suspending players is that they are supposed to learn from there mistakes then we can see the falsehood of that argument throughout Hawkins career. Suspensions have never been enough of a deterrent, especially when players are getting suspended for increasingly more innocuous incidents.

Maybe it's time the AFL comes up with a system that actually hits players were it hurts (their hip pocket) and doesnt ruin the entertainment/spectacle of the game itself by suspending a vital player to the contest. Just a thought...

Watching the video on the AFL site, there is a noticeable delay between Hawk's hit and ol'mate throwing his head back. Yeo is lucky he didn't his a woose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d think he would’ve learnt after what he potentially cost us last year!

If we don’t risk an extra week we should definitely be challenging.

He should have got a free kick for holding the man.

If Hawkins got a free kick every time he hand some defender hanging off his arm 20m off the play he'd kick twelve goals a game. Either that, or the scragging would stop pretty quick.

Instead the umps ignore it every week but are super vigilant when he gives someone a shove to the chest.

Yep. Agree with your POV now.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

While he needs to be more disciplined the fact is it's not a reportable offence where and how he contacted him which isbwhy we should appeal.

Gerard and Robbo on AFL 360 reckon it's not worth a week and Geelong should appeal on the grounds of it being reckless not intentional. It was dumb, sure but he wasn't aiming for the head so how can you class it as intentional high contact. Primary point of contact looked like upper chest too.

It's clearly not intentional and reckless equals a fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back