MRP / Trib. Hawkins escapes ban for elbow

Remove this Banner Ad

Christian has too much power and yet, not enough scope outside the gradings, to make any informed calls. This is why Jimmy resigned from the tribunal - because it's a complete dog's breakfast

Christian also has very little feel for the game, and understanding of the rules.

The what ? OK...

...Kantian ethics are deontological, revolving entirely around duty rather than emotions or end goals. All actions are performed in accordance with some underlying maxim or principle, which are vastly different from each other; it is according to this that the moral worth of any action is judged.

What did I say that you think resonates with that?

You may have to give me some examples cause id not heard of this before ....

but we are now fully of the danger that head damage can cause , reckless actions will be judged on potential , not just outcome. If Tom didnt hit , then he is lucky. As I said I felt the reaction was delayed ..but the throw of the elbow was far from a smart action in this day and age.
You are being all deontological rather than consequential. Penalising him for the action and ignoring the fact he didnt connect and hit him in the head. If you are consequential he should get off. Maybe tommy had great vision and knew he would not properly connect. You cant rule that out. Thus why deontology is wrong.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was the most trivial charge one could imagine.

Clearly didn't get him high, nor hurt him.

Christian should be charged with time wasting.
Or at least issued a “please explain”

Christian also has very little feel for the game, and understanding of the rules.
Harsh. He has played the game at the highest level. Is currently heavily involved at community level. And his decisions have to be ratified by Steve Hocking who knows a bit about the caper.

Harsh. He has played the game at the highest level. Is currently heavily involved at community level. And his decisions have to be ratified by Steve Hocking who knows a bit about the caper.

Well, something is clearly amiss.

His calls have been confusing people for a while now...... ie Burgoyne slamming heads into the ground with impunity.

Then send Steve and email and ask him why he ratifies Chriso's calls.

Nah. Would be a pointless exercise.

What did you make of Burgoyne slamming a guy into the ground and getting a fine, forcing the AFL to change the interpretation, then only weeks later he does it again and is cleared?

Christian has a habit of being very inconsistent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back