Hawkins - How many

Remove this Banner Ad

He raised it after the handball had been completed. Again, no reason to do that, but Hawkins has been a thug his whole career so it's not surprising.
Get it right...a jumper punching thug

Just an accident. People are really searching hard for reasons to rub players out. It's a contact sport. These things happen.

He raised it after the handball had been completed. Again, no reason to do that, but Hawkins has been a thug his whole career so it's not surprising.

You just outed your own bias there by calling Hawkins a thug - thereby showing that your hypothesis is drawn from your own predetermination of him as a person, rather than the incident itself in isolation...good job.

Or do we just convict someone for theft 10 years down the track, because they were in a grocery store and they shoplifted once when they were younger? You can't judge an action on the basis of a past incident, unless you have PROOF that the incident is actually intentional. You have no proof, just your own dislike of Hawkins as a player - wanting him to fit your narrative of a 'thug' so it justifies your inane ridiculous 'theories.' I'm sure if Hawkins had of gotten a bloody eye socket from May, you'd be sitting here asking for Hawkins to be banned due to headbutting May's elbow.

You're not very good at this, I don't think Bigfooty is for you. Perhaps 8chan is more your speed. I'm going to ignore you now, because this has been the biggest waste of my time and I can't see a circumstance in which you could be relied upon for an intelligent view. Again, good job after only 6 days on the site.

See ya :)

You just outed your own bias there by calling Hawkins a thug - thereby showing that your hypothesis is drawn from your own predetermination of him as a person, rather than the incident itself in isolation. Or do we just convict someone for theft 10 years down the track, because they were in a grocery store and they shoplifted once when they were younger? You can't judge an action on the basis of a past incident, unless you have PROOF that the incident is actually intentional. You have no proof, just your own dislike of Hawkins as a player - wanting him to fit your narrative of a 'thug' so it justifies your inane ridiculous ranting.

You're not very good at this, I don't think Bigfooty is for you. Perhaps 8chan is more your speed. I'm going to ignore you now, because this has been the biggest waste of my time and I can't see a circumstance in which you could be relied upon for an intelligent view.

See ya :)
Because he is a thug. The MRO takes prior offences into account, why shouldn't everyone else?

A natural handballing action wouldn't result in the elbow swinging that high, but he swung his high, and fractured May's eyesocket as a result.

Why did you edit your post? Didn't want to expose your short temper?

Again, there was no need to raise his elbow like he did. It was a thug act, no matter how difficult it is for you to accept.

Because I thought better of it. But I'm glad you saw it before I deleted it :)

I accept reality, you might want to give it a try sometime.

Ignored (it means I don't see your posts anymore so don't bother responding).

If Hawkins or anyone is suspended over an incident like this you may as well ban all physical contact in the game because with physical contact comes the risk of injury. Is that what we want?
While i agree with you the AFL made a stand to punish outcome over intent this year

Fyfe blindly ran into a bloke and the other guy copped 2

This is different to the Dangerfield one where he intentionally hit the player

Hawkins had no intention to hit May, but that is what happened

It is silly but that is the precedent they've set

I dunno why you were arguing with an alias anyway

Why did you edit your post? Didn't want to expose your short temper?

Again, there was no need to raise his elbow like he did. It was a thug act in my biased opinion, no matter how difficult it is for you to accept.
EFA. A thuggish act is a behinds the play cheap pot shot, a deliberate head bump, a deliberate knee to the head, but not an errant elbow in the middle of a tackle in which you are being pulled off balance.

Actually it's more along the lines of you lost the argument, and now you're running away.

Hawkins raised his elbow higher than the natural arc. He was probably intending to give Steven May a whack and he did. His bad record further confirms it.

Actually it's more along the lines of you lost the argument, and now you're running away.

Hawkins raised his elbow higher than the natural arc. He was probably intending to give Steven May a whack and he did. His bad record further confirms it.
You're out on a limb in this thread. The majority of posters recognise what happened was an unfortunate accident resulting from incidental contact in a tackle. Nothing more. Forget about your "natural arcs" and criminal records...both are totally irrelevant.

Even Steven May is calling it a "freak accident"

Hawkins is off balance, executing a handball and is being tugged by May.

On the other hand, his elbow is higher and wider than I'd expect it to be after a handball.

Then again, it's not an ordinary handballing position. Maybe that's where the elbow usually ends up in those circumstances.

On the evidence, there just simply isn't enough to classify this as anything but an unfortunate accident.

Now do I think Tom Hawkins would elbow his man in the head if he thought he could get away with it? Probably. But that doesn't mean he meant this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the other hand, his elbow is higher and wider than I'd expect it to be after a handball.

Now do I think Tom Hawkins would elbow his man in the head if he thought he could get away with it? Probably. But that doesn't mean he meant this one.
Hold your horses there, you're not allowed to have that view here.

Hawkins would never ever intentionally hurt anyone. All past history is "totally irrelevant".

It would be preposterous for this even to come up in discussion by the MRO.
Was definitely deliberate. Hawkins's arm would not naturally come back at that angle. Lashed out in frustration - deliberate, high contract, high impact, should get 6 weeks, won't because it was against Melbourne.

Was definitely deliberate. Hawkins's arm would not naturally come back at that angle. Lashed out in frustration - deliberate, high contract, high impact, should get 6 weeks, won't because it was against Melbourne.
Can't agree with that, but I do feel sorry for May. It's an accident, I wouldn't be surprised if Hawkins didn't even realise there was contact made, given how quickly things happened.

And less chance that I am biased, given Geelong is playing North this week, and a suspension would benefit us.

I’d have thought that if you saw that as anything other than an unfortunate accident, you need to have a good hard look at yourself. Sheesh.

I came here looking for the Daniel thread and why he copped 1 but that AFLW player didn’t.
However that’s silly of me thinking anyone cares about the Bulldogs or Daniel or even AFLW.

I find this thread instead 🤦‍♂️
At least I can see who the trolls are and the ones that aren’t.
I'm looking for the Harbrow thread

Hawkins has to be the "clumsiest" player in the AFL. Anyone else I'd consider this an accident, Hawkins has so much form, that I'd consider this almost 100% deliberate. Proven dirty player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back